Have you met in person any of your MFP friends?

Options

Replies

• CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. I have a few I'd love to meet though.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Yes met one but Im on a mission for 2012 to meet so many more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Naesdestiny and Chrissyh -- both amazing women, Nae is my best friend, and I met her on here. Hopefully meeting M2KJenn, JessiJean and BusyMom74 summer 2012 if we can plan it right!

I have 8-10 real life friends that have joined, but I don't count them as MFP friends...they're friends that came to MFP. Have maybe 5 that I've extended the friendships past MFP (FB, phone calls, emails, etc) but not met in person.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    married to one of them, friends with a few more. Made friends with others and even linked Facebook accounts... mainly because MFP has no instant messenger or can't tell when others are online.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've met . . . none.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have met 9 in person over this year... And Everyone single one of them are AMAZING..
    Hoping to meet more this year and Maybe pull together a MFP Meeting on the East Coast Somewhere ;)
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have met one, we were friends before MFP. Would like to meet others though.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    YES
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I have met 9 in person over this year... And Everyone single one of them are AMAZING..
    Hoping to meet more this year and Maybe pull together a MFP Meeting on the East Coast Somewhere ;)
    We need to make this happen! Can we plan it when I am not in Africa? lol
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think it would be fun to find a few friends and do a meet and greet. I proposed the idea before but thinking about setting something up for the New Year. I live in the DC metro area so if any of you are here too let me know.

I've only met 1 of MFPs and we knew each before joining. So glad he's here in my journey.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    We need to make this happen! Can we plan it when I am not in Africa? lol

But of Course Carl... You Definately got to be there.. You were My first friend on my Journey ;)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't join with knowing anyone, but I did get to meet one of my mfpeeps so far! It was so much fun! Would LOVE to meet more!! I'm here in NY if any of you are ever in my area!

:wink:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yep, last weekend. New MFPal at 8:00 a.m.. Met new MFPal in person at 8:00 p.m. Priceless.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I live just east of the middle of nowhere in Canada. So I probably won't meet any of mine unless I search for mfp members in my area and insist they friend me. :tongue:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    nope; i added one friend cuz she lived in my area and discussed meeting up for a walk or something during the summer, but it never happened, and now its winter and too cold for going on walks.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    does knowing them for 30 years count LOL
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would love to meet some of my MFP friends but a lot of them are across the pond, not many people are from London
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on my own--finding it on a Google search. I've refered quite a few people to the site, but they were associates on not friends.

Of all of my MFP fiends, I have only met one. It was a fascinating experience. Very impacting for both of us and resulted in my being even more focused in maintaining my new fitness and nutritional lifestyle.
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No, and I carry mace!!! :tongue:

Yikes! I used to. It fell off my key ring last winter and has yet to be replaced.

Santa please bring me some mace
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    nope, except the ones I've already known and got them to join =) Not too many folks in the bay I see up on here =/

One here!