im wearing whatever size fits i dont care haha
    i just refuse to buy anything larger than a 12
    so 10 11 12 is fine with me

oh and in like gym pants or sweats
    i wear a large or medium
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    lulubar, you are right on the sizing. I know some young women who do not want to wear misses sizes but would get a better fit if they did rather than trying to stay in the junior section.

Soooo true - if more went to misses sizes we might just purge the world of "muffin-top":noway: :laugh:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    168lb
    Size 8pants, L-XL Shirts
    I am fairly muscular and VERY happy with where I am now. :bigsmile:

Started Oct 2007 at 258lb/ Size 20-22/ 2x-3x shirts
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5"
    147 lbs
    pants sz 6-8
    tops xs-m
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    sizes are soooo confusing!!

yesterday i was jean size 10 jeans....i tried on 7 pairs to make sure (differnt brands)
    my thirteens are too big
    my twelves are too big
    but my size elevens are pretty tight...but they are also JR elevens?
    so i dont knowwww

I agree. Take the same size at any two stores, and they don't fit the same. Why do they do that?

I'm 5'2
    114 lbs
    size 0-2 (most of the time...but those are recent sizes. I have an older pair of pants from Express, and they are a size 4 and are just a tad loose - but in their current sizes, I'm a 0. Confusing!)

I don't know that there's any such thing as a common ratio. It depends on your fat/muscle ratio. My sister is about the same height as I am and weighs 116, yet she wears sizes 5-7.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    hahah smart assment...
    but jr sizes usually have cuter clothes
    im wearing whatever size fits i dont care haha
    i just refuse to buy anything larger than a 12
    so 10 11 12 is fine with me

oh and in like gym pants or sweats
    i wear a large or medium

Don't tell Clinton & Stacy but I wear whatever fits to and sometimes for me that's junior size jeans and I am way to old for them!

I'm also short and for some reason stores think that everyone who shops in the petite section only wants elastic waist pants and tops my mother wouldn't even wear! So I know what you mean about the cute clothes.
    I always think it must be better in the city but from reading peoples posts maybe not.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    4'11"
    150 lbs.
    size 11-12 jeans, petite
    damn I hate being short and round!

I see why you're pouting.:wink:

5'9"
    165 lbs
    size 10 long jeans
    M-L Tee Shirt
    size 12 blouses
    8-10 dresses

size 10 long jeans
    Showoff. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Take the same size at any two stores, and they don't fit the same. Why do they do that?

they do it so that when you go into a store (Macy's is notorious, and Chico's) and you try on a size "10" when you have been wearing a 12-14, and it fits, you are definitely gonna buy it! The happiness of seeing a small number on the size tag is the hook they sink into you! Shopko clothes were like this too, but they're out of business now-

so to add to the thread:

5'8-1/2"
    216 lbs
    loose 16's tight 14's
    tops (big boobs) XL (always was, even when I was much skinnier)

when I started, at 237lbs, size 18's were really getting tight. so for me 20 lbs was almost 2 sizes.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Take the same size at any two stores, and they don't fit the same. Why do they do that?

they do it so that when you go into a store (Macy's is notorious, and Chico's) and you try on a size "10" when you have been wearing a 12-14, and it fits, you are definitely gonna buy it! The happiness of seeing a small number on the size tag is the hook they sink into you! Shopko clothes were like this too, but they're out of business now-

so to add to the thread:

5'8-1/2"
    216 lbs
    loose 16's tight 14's
    tops (big boobs) XL (always was, even when I was much skinnier)

when I started, at 237lbs, size 18's were really getting tight. so for me 20 lbs was almost 2 sizes.

We still have a Shopko but I never shop there. I wish it would leave and we'd get a JoAnne Fabrics!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    5'6" height
    124 weight
    size 3 pants but they are loose ( I have absolutely no hips:grumble: ) moving down to 1's as soon as I can find some that I like.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    135 lbs
    Between a 4 and 6 (Still in 6's at about 3 months pregnant)
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ooo, good topic. I have always found this facinating.

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 209
    Size: snug 14/loose 16 (12 dress)
    Facinating indeed. See this kills me. I'm an inch taller than you, we are the same weight and I wear a tight 18??!!!?? I HATE CLOTHES!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Ooo, good topic. I have always found this facinating.

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 209
    Size: snug 14/loose 16 (12 dress)
    Facinating indeed. See this kills me. I'm an inch taller than you, we are the same weight and I wear a tight 18??!!!?? I HATE CLOTHES!

Clothes are ridiculous. I can't find pants that EVER fit right. I have a huge butt, and please believe me - it is HUGE. Put that together with the fact that I have a (relatively) tiny waist and its a recipe for pants disaster. :explode: Pants that fit around my hips gape terribly around the top of my rear and I can't even get pants that would fit my waist past my upper thighs. :grumble:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    Size 14 womans
    size 15 JR
    tops are larges

I have LOTS AND LOTS of belly skin from 2 c-sections with 2 huge babies and lots of amniotic fluid. If I didn't have that I would be in a smaller size.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    tad over 5'1"
    147 currently
    size 8-10 pants (no junior sizes for my curvy figure!)
    small-med tops
    dress size 6- go figure

I agree with the previous comment about frumpy petite-sized clothes:grumble: :grumble: All of the stylish clothes are too long on my sqat torso and WAY too long in pants!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    5'6-5'7ish
    Shirts=M
    Pants=9/10 (sometimes 10's are too big but then the 8 is too small and the 9 can be depending on the cut of pants, I need a 9.5 in pants!!):laugh:
  • alecsandrawired
    Options
    5'4"
    Shirts= S/M depending on where I buy
    Pants= 5/6
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    5'1.5 (5'2 on a good day) :tongue:
    127 @ last weigh-in !!!!
    6 or 8 (depending on the brand)
  • CassieNic
    Options
    i read through every post and im the tallest female!

6'2"
    215lbs
    size 15juniors, 16misses
    l-xl shirts.

i have to order my pants online to get the inseam long enough. or go spend 100+bucks on a pair of designer jeans at the mall.