Weight SIze Ratio????

Options

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 138
    Size: usually 4, sometimes 2 (Ann Taylor), sometimes 6 (jeans)

It's crazy the variation you can see between weight and size. I carry my fat in my thighs and triceps and am lean everywhere else. I can put on a size 2 skirt but often need a 6 for pants thanks to my thick thighs. For tops and dresses, sleeves tend to be my constraint. I wear wider necklines and tapered waists to draw attention away from the width of my arms. No horizontal stripes for me unless they're both dark colors!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Height:5'9
    Weight: 159(started at 174)
    Sizes:TOTALLY random!!!! Anywhere from a 9 to 12!!!! In stores for adults..like Reitmans(for my work clothes) I am a 9...but in stores like Jacob or dynamite, Im a 12......Shirts vary from Medium to Large. My biggest problem is the crotch....hahaha.... I am kinda tall so I have a long torso so jeans dont QUITE come up to where they should on me,causing me to go up a size but then they are huge everywhere else.........sucks....
  • kristineh86
    Options
    well...50 pounds later:
    height 5'4"
    weight 115
    size 2

used to be a size 12!!!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    height: 5' 2.5"
    weight: 117
    size: 7 :frown:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Ooo, good topic. I have always found this facinating.

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 209
    Size: snug 14/loose 16 (12 dress)
    Facinating indeed. See this kills me. I'm an inch taller than you, we are the same weight and I wear a tight 18??!!!?? I HATE CLOTHES!

Clothes are ridiculous. I can't find pants that EVER fit right. I have a huge butt, and please believe me - it is HUGE. Put that together with the fact that I have a (relatively) tiny waist and its a recipe for pants disaster. :explode: Pants that fit around my hips gape terribly around the top of my rear and I can't even get pants that would fit my waist past my upper thighs. :grumble:

hey wait you said i could be your body twin... does that mean i have a huge butt too LMAO just teasing you:laugh:

Oh and i SOOOOO have the same issue with pants gaping at the waist if i buy them to fit my hips....
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    Shirts= M
    Pants= 9 or 11 in juniors
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i read through every post and im the tallest female!

6'2"
    215lbs
    size 15juniors, 16misses
    l-xl shirts.

i have to order my pants online to get the inseam long enough. or go spend 100+bucks on a pair of designer jeans at the mall.

i feel ya tall sister!

6'1'
    184lbs (this morning)(missed my 1st goal but thats ok)
    size - i have no idea! nothing fits me right. no booty and skinny legs but some cushion around the middle. so, if i wear a 16, it looks as if i have a 'load' in my pants but a 14 can barely button. HOWEVER! i have nice jeans that used to fit, and fit again they will!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 134 lbs
    Size: 9 or 11 (long) in jeans. I need to get out of the habit of shopping for my jeans at "teen" stores. I'm pretty sure I only wear a 9 or 11 because the style of jeans is meant to fit tightly (i.e. "skinny" jeans, etc).
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Ooo, good topic. I have always found this facinating.

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 209
    Size: snug 14/loose 16 (12 dress)
    Facinating indeed. See this kills me. I'm an inch taller than you, we are the same weight and I wear a tight 18??!!!?? I HATE CLOTHES!

Clothes are ridiculous. I can't find pants that EVER fit right. I have a huge butt, and please believe me - it is HUGE. Put that together with the fact that I have a (relatively) tiny waist and its a recipe for pants disaster. :explode: Pants that fit around my hips gape terribly around the top of my rear and I can't even get pants that would fit my waist past my upper thighs. :grumble:

hey wait you said i could be your body twin... does that mean i have a huge butt too LMAO just teasing you:laugh:

Oh and i SOOOOO have the same issue with pants gaping at the waist if i buy them to fit my hips....

Oppsy. :blushing: :laugh:

Big butt > no butt. :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    5'0
    130 lbs
    size loose 5's (but they are HUGE in the waist...all my weight is in my butt :tongue: )
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Size: 9 or 11 (long) in jeans. I need to get out of the habit of shopping for my jeans at "teen" stores. I'm pretty sure I only wear a 9 or 11 because the style of jeans is meant to fit tightly (i.e. "skinny" jeans, etc).
    cc :happy: at 5 "8" are you small framed or med?...which would you consider your bone structure, from your pics which I realize is all I have to go by you look small framed?:wink:

Well either way you fab! I'm the same heigh as you so was curious is all:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    tad over 5'1"
    147 currently
    size 8-10 pants (no junior sizes for my curvy figure!)
    small-med tops
    dress size 6- go figure

I agree with the previous comment about frumpy petite-sized clothes:grumble: :grumble: All of the stylish clothes are too long on my sqat torso and WAY too long in pants!!

Hey, you are a bit smaller than I was when I started (I was at 154 but 5'0). I was up to a size 12 at that point. I agree that it's impossible to find anything that doesn't look ridiculous! Even now I have difficulty finding clothing that looks right. 5's are still long and shirts are always wayyyyy too long on me. I don't need any more help looking like I'm all torso. :tongue:
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    5ft
    228.4 lbs
    Size 25
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"
    size 10-12
    currently weigh 146.4
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    im curious how sizes and weights are...
    just wanting to see what the size/weight ratio is around here

Height: 5'3 and half
    Size: 10
    Weight: 182

Where do you buy your clothes? I think I must be shopping at the wrong stores. I'm 5'3", weigh 146.4 and wear a size 10 also. :huh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Geez, sizes have changed. When I was in high school I was 180 pounds and couldn't find clothes that fit, 16/18 were hard to come by. Now I'm 260 and just dropped into size 22, so I will be way above 180 when I hit the 16/18 size. Sheesh. Oh and I'm 5'7. I'm larger on top, one reason is because I'm not losing any belly flat and the second reason is I have big boobs. I'm in a XXL in tshirts right now... but not button ups!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    cc :happy: at 5 "8" are you small framed or med?...which would you consider your bone structure, from your pics which I realize is all I have to go by you look small framed?:wink:

Well either way you fab! I'm the same heigh as you so was curious is all:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Hmmmmm...I would not consider myself small framed at all!! I feel amazonian, to be honest with you. Maybe that's just my height though. I have broad shoulders for a female, as well as large hands with long, skinny fingers. Long legs, big feet (size 9 or 10), curvy hips, big booty (lol). I've always had a curvy body (never have had the chest to match though...grrr), even when I was a little kid. My baby sis (she's 6) is the same way. She towers over almost all of her classmates and has a curvy body for being a child.

Here's a pic of me 10 lbs ago (sometime in early fall '08):
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_3b4bdf5faee8e9b56b77ac0b9a3767f2.jpg

My husband is 5'7 and small framed. He truly makes me feel amazonian. :laugh: It is clear in the photo that I am an inch taller than him, you can so tell.

Here's a pic of me 3 lbs ago (a little over amonth ago):
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/32/l_fc0b813692f74b33bcd3b09452841b8a.jpg

Those are the skinny jeans I was referring to. :ohwell: I am very cleverly disguising my little "muffin top" there. haha. I have a size 11 flared jean from the same store that no longer fits my waist and is starting to fit loosely on my thighs as well. I need to keep reminding myself that every brand runs their sizes differently...
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    5'9"
    202lbs
    14-16 pants
    XL shirts (DD bra!)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    5 ft. 5 in.
    152 lbs.
    Size 10/12 Depending on style.