HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR WEIGHT GOAL?

Options
just want to know why did you pick that weight goal.... i'm just having problem what my weight goal should be... i'm 5'2" and current weight is 139. I was 157 when i just started last Sept 2011. My first goalwas only to loss 10 lbs before christmas and before i knew it, i did it within 3 weeks. then my second goal was to weight 136.7 lbs because that's my healthy BMI weight according to MFP. I'm 2.3lbs away.

I want to change my weight goal again but to what? HELP!

And, HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR WEIGHT GOAL?

Replies

• MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 as well and my goal weight is 120, it's hovering between the healthy goal weight for my height and just sounds nice lol
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Picked a weight I thought I would look good at, found out I was way off, picked another weight, repeated several times.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Wii fit picked mine! Says I should be 9st 3 (133lbs?) and BMI of 22 so that's what I'm aiming for!
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used my BMI and the Goldilocks principal, if 25 BMI is too Fat and 18 BMI is too Thin then 21.5 BMI must be just right, which for me at 5' 8" is 141 lbs. When I get there I'll see how it feels and reassess at that point.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Went according to my age and appropriate BMI. I am not 20 so I didn't want to have an unrealistic goal.
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I worked out the range that got me to a healthy BMI and then picked the middle of that range. If I ever get there I might consider whether I want to go a little lower. I'm 5'1" and to get just into healthy weight I would have to be 134 lb, minimum in healthy range is 100 lb (which sounds awfully low) so I'm aiming for 112 lb.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    At some point you have to figure out what you can maintain. When I get about to where I was in high school, I'll stop focusing on the numbers and aim for something I can reasonably maintain without starving myself.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have goal jeans and I don't care what I weigh so long as I can wear those jeans. They make me feel like the hottest piece of *kitten* on the planet.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I determined the right weight I'd need to be to fit in 32 pants at 14% body fat.

And I was 262 at the time - 13 more lbs to go!
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I picked the weight that I was most happiest with years ago. I would settle for a little more than that weight, but a girl can dream, can't she?
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The middle of my weight zone for my height. I don't want to be close to the high end boundary.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i picked the weight i was when i was active in HS. :) but i also looked at my BMI and wanted it to be in the middle of the healthy range.
  • oneduality
    Options
    Personally I think the key thing to picking a goal is to be realistic .. don't shoot for the stars!

One of the biggest problems with dieting is setting unrealistic expectations, missing the mark and then feeling down about it which often results in people giving up because they think they just can't do it.

The nice thing about being conservative with the goals are that when you meet and exceed them, it really boosts your confidence..
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have goal jeans and I don't care what I weigh so long as I can wear those jeans. They make me feel like the hottest piece of *kitten* on the planet.

love this :) good for you
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i know how i felt at 130lbs, and i was not in shape, but was at an ok weight. my goal is 130lbs with great muscle tone. If i end up at 12-125lbs, so be it, but i am not shooting for that. I am 5'1"
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    dart_board.jpg
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I want to hit a skinny but healthy level, so I'm aiming for a lower BMI of 20 (120 lbs, ish). If it's too little, I'll adjust to that. If I still have work to do, I'll adjust it lower.

My goal: http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llp7yhgOOG1qelep0o1_500.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I started out with a goal weight of 170 pounds, because that is 10 pounds smaller than I've been in nearly a decade ... but really, at 5'3", I'll still be overweight ... so I have carefully and thoughtfully be reducing my goal weight as my confidence increases. I know I will be able to reach 140 pounds and be a healthy weight for my size, but 130 probably wouldn't hurt. So, I use 130 for my MFP purposes.

Now that I'm done rambling, I have to say that the most important thing to me, really is that I just want to be fit. The scale isn't going to matter as I get to a healthy size and fitness level.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    dart_board.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I just picked a few lbs under healthy. so near the top of healthy range.