HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR WEIGHT GOAL?

Options

Replies

• judykritikos
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my license says I'm 138. (ha, right...) but that was 16 years ago when I was 41.
    I'm still 5'4" (hope to be for another 20 years before the shrinkage starts), and now at 149.
    My BMI says to be out of overweight and into the outer edge (by the skin of my teeth) of normal - I should be 146.
    I originally wanted to lose 20 lbs - 165 down to 145, which gets my BMI in the right range.
    That would put me in size 12's that little to big, but not small enough to be a 10.
    So when I get to teh "normal BMI" level - about 5 more lbs, then I'll see if I want to go another 5 and get to 140.
    Doubtful I'll be, or look good, at 138. The face looks drawn and more gaunt - which would suck at any age.
  • lcgs7713
    lcgs7713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because when i was in High school and early 20's that what i weight and i love the way i was back them
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements and calculated my Body Fat percentage. I double checked it with that little BF calculator you hold in your hands at the gym. I then did the math and found out what weight I would look athletic/normal at, and it was 240. I have recently changed my goal to 225 because along the way I lost some muscle.
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I picked a weight goal just for MFP purposes, but I don't really have a specific number in mind. I am going more by measurements (going for 22" waist, which is not far off for me) and appearance than by the scale.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My goal was 125 because that's what I weighed before but I am 104 now so I'll stick with that :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, my original goal weight was 130 but when I passed that I figured 125 was good, I passed that too :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I read about a formula out there that bodybuilders use...
    worf.jpg
  • SisterChelsey
    SisterChelsey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my WII picked my weight 129lbs
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My original goal was to get back to my high school weight. But without MFP, I wouldn't even remember what I had for breakfast, much less what I weighed 20 years ago. When I told Mom my weight goal she said "Are you kidding? You weighed more than that when you were 13." Oh, well... (for the record, she wasn't being mean or anything, my memory is horrible and I grew 6 inches taller the year I turned 13). So I revised my goal & made it higher.

So I asked my doctor. He did a BMI test and told me that I have good dense bones and a lot of musculature underneath this flab. I'm also pretty tall. So even without my fat, I'm going to weigh a lot more than someone who has a fine bone structure and no muscles. Anyway, together, we based my final weight goal on getting down to around 17% body fat, According to MFP, the weight I'm now shooting for would still have me slightly in the "overweight" category, but my doctor says it would be healthy for me.
  • anthonyjohnsonsr
    Options
    Im enlisting in the Air Force Reserves- I have to lose 35 pounds to be consider. I need to be 195 at 5'11
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and chose a weight loss goal between 110 & 120 lbs.

I chose it because that is where I remember being happiest in the past. I spent a majority of my mid to late 20's there and back then I was really positive about how I looked.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The middle of my weight zone for my height. I don't want to be close to the high end boundary.

This.
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 or so, with a big bust but medium bone structure. 10 years ago I felt really good and fit, like pictures of myself and how my clothes fit then at 135-140. So I am aiming in that direction again. We'll see as I approach it. I wore a size 8, and that seems reasonable. I don't have any formulas or anything, just want to feel good and comfortable in my own body again.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    hmmmm, well I know I need to be in a healthy range for my height but I'm just taking one pound at a time. My goal weight is set to lose 30 pounds and I know that takes time. I just want to lose the spare tire and be healty period!! Scales are not my friend or enemy!:blushing:
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I was confident and fit when I got married 10 yrs ago and so I want to return back to that weight. Although it was before I had my 2 kids I know it's attainable and healthy. It also happens to be at the mid-range of the BMI scale so I feel comfortable to maintain that. Also focused more on lowering body fat and staying toned which holds me accountable to mix my workouts and continue a healthy lifestyle.

I was 120-125lbs in 2001 when I got married and is my current goal range. I am currently 131-133lbs depending on the day! I am 5' 3".
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I picked the weight I was before I got married. I had that swag then!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I picked the weight I've been all through my 20's. I stayed there pretty much effortlessly until I hit 30, so I know that's probably where my body would like to be.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I picked a realistic weight that I used to weigh and was comfortable in. I will never be 125 but that ok. I loved when I was 150 and felt great!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I picked the weight I was before I got married. I had that swag then!
    LOL, you still got it dude!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I went by my frame size. Being a large frame size I picked 140lbs, which was in the middle of the range I was given from 131-147lbs.