HOW DID YOU PICK YOUR WEIGHT GOAL?

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weight goal any more. I'm working on being able to see my muscles. That would be sa-weet!
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have goal jeans and I don't care what I weigh so long as I can wear those jeans. They make me feel like the hottest piece of *kitten* on the planet.

This!!

I thought back at a time I was in a size 14 jeans and looked REALLY good. Thought of the weight I was at that time and chose from that. When I get into the size 14 jeans... THEN I will decide what route I need to take from there. Will I stay? Or will I go for the 12's?
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I wanted to weigh what I weighed before babies. Minus a couple of lbs :D
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I picked in the middle of the healthy BMI, and as I approach it, I think I'll go for maybe 5 lbs less, but that's about it. I'm super happy with how my clothes look and wearing a size 8 makes me feel amazing, but I'd think I was SMOKIN if I could get to a 6.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have a goal body fat %. Whatever I weigh when I'm at 16% is where I want to be.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I picked the high end of 'healthy' because it's the last weight I remember feeling comfortable at and I know I can achieve it since I already weighed that once before.
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130lbs because I was that weight 3 years ago. For my body type and height, 130lbs looks really good. I just want to get back to where I was :smile:
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    For me my goal isn't really that important. Let me explain.

I picked the weight of the highest recommended BMI. This is 81kg. I set this as my goal in MFP just because it wanted a number.

I weight myself regularly and treat use my weight as the sole metric for measuring my progress.

When I get to 95kg I'll switch to using body fat percentage as my metric for measuring my progress.

I'll get my body fat % measured at a clinic then the next morning I'll measure my own body fat % using those special scales. The scales will report a different body fat % but that's ok. The scales' number will just be an arbitrary number that I can measure progress with. I'll test my body fat % every 12 weeks at the clinic so I'll have a real number often.

I'll probably aim for 14% body fat. Once I reach that I'll try to go a little lower but not by much. At that stage I'd be using my physique as a metric instead of the %. Plus at that point it'll be about maintenance, not loss.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the math....

12817950856l66H6.jpg

And I came up with 160lbs. I'm now 158lbs. *shrug*
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I picked my goal weight based on a healthy BMI for my height (5'9"). Turns out I should weight what I weighed in high school which was 175lbs, so voila! Goal weight!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I chose the weight that's been on my drivers license since I was 16. And was heavier than that number then. I've got about 40 lbs to go before I'm there. And will then reevaluate.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and used to be like 145 lbs, yikes!
    I aimed to be 130. Once I got to 130 I wanted to see if I could get to 125.
    Once I hit 125 I have striven for a "normal" BMI. I hit my normal BMI and now weigh like 118.
    I set my new goal as the center of normal BMI for my height now which is 112!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have have ranged from 103 to 138 (after the birth of my son). Goal weight is 120 and I'm at 127 right now.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did it two ways: I picked what my weight was a few years ago when I felt and looked better and I also looked with my Dr. at what my weight should be.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! 127? Good job you're almost there!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Initially, I picked a weight that I thought I could maintain, 140-150 pounds (height=5'8). I had a goal weight of 147 with leeway to go three pounds up or 7 pounds down. I am currently at the bottom end of that range. I looked at some websites about ideal weight and I also thought back to a time when I was healthy which was when I was first married/in university and about 140 pounds. I also checked out the BMI and it was in the middle of my range so this was more confirmation that it was a healthy goal for me. Oh, also, I talked to a health care professional as required by the weight loss group I was a part of and they confirmed that this was a good goal weight for me. I highly recommend asking your doctor/health care provider if you can.
  • bluejuiseritsma
    bluejuiseritsma Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My doctor says I should be at 150, but I'm gonna start small and work my way up. I'm aiming for 175 for now. Then when I get there, I'll worry about the 15. lol ^_^
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I read about a formula out there that bodybuilders use...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was 150 and fit in High School/pre pregnancy..so that's my goal weight..my body has changed a lot since then though, so I might change it once I get to it..but for now that's the goal =) and it's in a "healthy" range.