Excess skin after 170 pound weight loss (*warning, pics)

Options

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Thank you for sharing and for being open. <3
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!! I'm on my own journey to lose 180 + pounds (I've lost about 45 so far... a long way to go yet!!) and I've wondered what it will be like once the weight is gone... now I have more of an idea (I knew I'd have saggy skin, etc. but it's 'nice' to see it in photos). If you don't mind my asking, what year did you have the surgery and how much did it cost you out of pocket? I'm sure my insurance will not pay for it either (when the time comes). Also, how did you lose all the weight? If you don't want to share that, that's fine too. =) But thank you for sharing your photos!! They're incredible!! And you're incredible for making such an outstanding journey!! I wish you success with all your future goals!! =) And I hope that you find some kind of answer about the stretching of skin with pregnancy... I wish I could help!! =)
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. That's an amazing amount you lost. I saw your smile before I saw your scar. You're awesome!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    You are AMAZING! So beautiful too! I had to see your before pics after reading this, so I took a gander at your profile, and I found you are even more amazing! Such and inspiration! You should be so very proud! Your Husband is a VERY lucky man! Bless you for sharing!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you rock
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!! I'm on my own journey to lose 180 + pounds (I've lost about 45 so far... a long way to go yet!!) and I've wondered what it will be like once the weight is gone... now I have more of an idea (I knew I'd have saggy skin, etc. but it's 'nice' to see it in photos). If you don't mind my asking, what year did you have the surgery and how much did it cost you out of pocket? I'm sure my insurance will not pay for it either (when the time comes). Also, how did you lose all the weight? If you don't want to share that, that's fine too. =) But thank you for sharing your photos!! They're incredible!! And you're incredible for making such an outstanding journey!! I wish you success with all your future goals!! =) And I hope that you find some kind of answer about the stretching of skin with pregnancy... I wish I could help!! =)

You can read my full story here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/417299-170-pounds-down-10-more-to-go-with-pics
    I had the plastic surgery in 2006, so it's been a good 5 years already. At that time I think I paid $14,000 for both the tummy tuck and breasts but there are plenty of cosmetic surgery financing options available out there if you have decent credit.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That took alot of courage to post those! You look beautiful though!!!

I am amazed at your before pictures in your profile. Really a true inspiration for me so thank you for sharing.
  • barleespringers
    Options
    I'm so proud of you and what you were able to do with your weight loss.

I read your "story" and it sounds so much like mine. Today I was a "low", so seeing this has grounded me again. Thanks
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! That took a lot of courage on your part and I appreciate you posting pictures. I have about 180 pounds to lose and have been wondering what the situation is going to be when I reach my goal weight. I understand each case is different, but now at least I have an idea. THANK YOU!
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! You are indeed EXTREMELY brave to have posted pics. I really admire that! I've lost about 120 lbs. that I carried around since childhood :( My body to this day looks very much like in your pics. sagging, loose skin, riddled with stretchmarks... Idk what to do. I'll never have enough money to fix it. So accepting it is really hard for me. But either way Congratulations to you!!
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    oh and PS. I think you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your guts of steel in sharing what so many question and fear. You are exquisite and you ROCK!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    Awesome job!! Your not just a inspiration not just to me but on EVERYONE on MFP!!!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options

You say a long way! BUT YOURE GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER EVERY DAY!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • megansoriano
    Options
    You are so precious! Such an inspiration for everyone no matter their fitness goals!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, thank you so much for sharing your journey....
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your courage, from all of us. I am sure there are more than a few people here right now who feel like they can't get out of the situation they're currently in, think they aren't "good enough" or that they don't deserve to be happy. I am so glad to see that you have overcome your obstacles and found "real love" and happiness. You have inspired us all.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Regardless of how you feel you look without your clothes, you have accomplished an amazing feat that has improved your health, etc. You're going to be there longer for your kids. CONGRATS GIRL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!