Excess skin after 170 pound weight loss (*warning, pics)

Options

Replies

• dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great Post.....Very Honest, Thankyou for sharing, and for being so open and honest,

Well done on your achievements with your weight loss
    xx
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You look great. any pics of you now, with the faded scars?
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing you story. You are a very beautiful woman and by the way, those are battle scars not surgery scars! You battled you fat and you won. Thank you for inspiring the rest of us to continue on our journey to do the same!
  • nixon76k
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You are brave and beautiful.
  • quetzalcoatl
    Options
    Holy crap... Holy... Uh I don't think I'm capable of doing anything more than slurring obscenities. You are so incredibly beautiful, I can't even believe you were once obese. Of course the skin proves otherwise, but just looking at your upper half... I would never have believed it. That's insane!

No matter what, anyone who has done that for themselves should spend as much money as they want/need to get the skin issue cleaned up. God, you deserve it so much. What a fantastic achievement!
  • amanday88
    Options
    You look amazing :) thank you for sharing!
  • Chadwick891
    Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There are a few solutions to keeping excess skin to a minimum (Or minimize the amount of excess skin for big weight-loss situations) and one for around the stomach that I was taught was doing twists - 150 after each cardio session.

So I would wake up, eat breakfast, 30 minutes later, go for a 20-30 minute walk, get home and do 150 twists straight away. I noticed, after 2 weeks, my abdominal area was starting to 'lean out' so I was pretty happy with that but I also noticed it tightened my stomach area, too! This made eating lots of food very uncomfortable (which is beneficial too for me as I tended to eat a LOT)

Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best of luck :D
  • Seggzee
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. You are amazing!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic and the pics, because I think excess skin is a real concern for most of us here. It's impossible to make a disparaging comment, because I deal with the same thing on my arms and inner thighs. I think most of us have or will be dealing with this problem at some point.

I'm curious about others who may have had similar issues. I'd love to hear from people who have a lost a lot of weight. Does losing slowly help with excess skin? Is there a way to avoid it? Will it ever go away or diminish?

Anyway, you look amazing! You're like a different person from the "Before" pictures!

awesome post and pics, kikkipoo!
    over the past 18 months or so i've lost close to 100 pounds...60 of it in 2011 alone. yeah my skin sags when i bend over ( for my deadlifts :D:D:D:D:D:D:) or to put on my shoes (to go running :D:D:D:D:D), and one guy, someone online i was chatting with said "i'd love to meet you irl, but tell me the truth...you're not some 500 pound she-male, are you?" (we had been talking about weightlifting).
    lol.
    last weekend i took 4th in the F class, open figure division:

Excalibur2011.jpg

not QUITE 500 pounds (i competed at 143...I'm 5'9) and the strength training and patience has REALLY helped with tightening the skin.
    I plan to WIN in 2012
    :)

Wooow you also look amazing. Strength training certainly did work. Do you mind telling us what your work out schedule is like?
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    There are a few solutions to keeping excess skin to a minimum (Or minimize the amount of excess skin for big weight-loss situations) and one for around the stomach that I was taught was doing twists - 150 after each cardio session.

So I would wake up, eat breakfast, 30 minutes later, go for a 20-30 minute walk, get home and do 150 twists straight away. I noticed, after 2 weeks, my abdominal area was starting to 'lean out' so I was pretty happy with that but I also noticed it tightened my stomach area, too! This made eating lots of food very uncomfortable (which is beneficial too for me as I tended to eat a LOT)

Good luck everyone, I wish you all the best of luck :D

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you do a twist? I have a lot of weight to lose, but am already strength training and have read just about everything on the internet to figure out what I can to minimize loose skin or avoid it entirely. Thanks!
  • Renee253
    Renee253 Posts: 16
    Options
    You are so beautiful! What an angel...I'm speechless at your courage and the fortitude it had to have taken to make such a profound journey. This is a testament to the power of the human spirit....
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! You look amazing!!
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    You are SOOOO beautiful!! Thank you for sharing! Congrats on your weight loss!

This is exactly what I wanted to say too... :flowerforyou:
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your dramatic weight loss.

Second....

We all have our "imperfections" that we wish weren't there.

I have tattoos that I regret getting, scars on my nips from piercings that didn't heal well, a baby tooth that never fell out and makes it look like I've got a missing tooth in pictures because it is so small, an asymmetrical, flared ribcage that becomes more prominent as I start to shed pounds, and a whole host of other things that I wish I could just make disappear.

Those scars and "deformities" are part of who we are, though. They're milemarkers of where we've been, what we've been through, and what makes us unique.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but I always try to remind myself that confidence comes from within via genuine self-love and self-respect, not from outward physical appearance or from the approval from others.

Hope that helps. :)
  • lmbw126
    lmbw126 Posts: 24
    Options
    You are a brave and courageous person. Thanks for sharing your story with us!
  • moonhowler15
    moonhowler15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you are my inspiration baby. It's been a long battle, but there is nothing that can stand in our way. (p.s. Happy Anniversary....I love you)
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty and wonderful!!!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Congrats about your baby! :)
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your incredible transformation! You are so brave, and I think you look beautiful, truley.

Good for you!!!
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on the weight loss. Secondly I have to commend you for posting those pics. I'm pretty sure you're an inspiration to men and women who are in the boat as you were, I find your story inspiring. Thank you for sharing your pics and story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!