Stay-at-home-moms 2/23-28

Options
13»

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI girls! Long time no talk. I've been here, just busy with my little one. I think he's teething... he'll be 6 months old next week. I'm STILL having the sleeping issues with him. He goes down like a champ at night, but about 3 hours into it he wakes up. I am still nursing him and I'm not good at letting him cry, so I go in, nurse him and rock him and put him back down. BUT he doesn't go back to sleep. He fusses and cries. I just feel so lost. My husband travels a lot, so I'm by myself and I swear I feel like I will never sleep again... if anyone has any advice, please lay it on me.

I could have typed your post a few months ago! My husband is in the Army and was gone when my son was your little ones age, and doing the same thing your little guy is doing now! I would put him down around 7ish no problem, he would wake up at 11,2,5 nurse, fuss for 30-60 min then back to sleep, then I got to get up and go to work:sick: it was murder. He might very well be teething, I guess you have tried Tylenol? I don't think crying it out is effective at that age, I swear my savior back then and still now was his crib aquarium, I could turn it on and he would lay there at watch it, but I had to rock him to sleep up until he was 11 months or so. My only advice would be Tylenol, and a little more Tylenol if you think he is teething,,,that and some solid coffee in the morning (for you..), it will get better. My son just wasn't ready to fall asleep on his own at that age, looking back..something would wake him up and he needed me to go back to sleep. Now, he is 16 months and will lay down at night wide awake, put himself to sleep and sleep all night. I hear him wake up early in the am , hear his aquarium kick on and he puts himself back to sleep. It will get better with time,,hang in there!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Ok so Cali wasnt getting any better cough was getting so bad that she would vomitt !! Still running a temo and this was with the new antibiotic that the doctor called in for her !! And now Maeve was starting to cough and run a temp of 100.5 !! ARGH .... I called the doctor and wanted to bring them both in.. So they said ok. The doctor came in the room and looked in Calis mouth and said strep throat no test just a look, he said her lungs sounded good ( personally I dont know ) everytime she would breathe for him she would cough . So he was clueless as to how she got strep when she had just finished the 10 day antibiotics and was on the new one for 3 days now. I asked about blood work since she has been sick so much lately .. He said not needed YET she had only had 5 illnesses this winter this one has been for 3 weeks now. So now she is on 2 antibiotics.... If she doesnt get better by monday I m finding a new doctor! And then he looked at Maeve strep he said .... Hmmm I dont know either does strep make you cough terribly? So now she is on a antibiotic too?? I think I am confused ... These are my kids that they arent taking as serious as I had hoped ... This is the same doctor that said sinuses for Maeve and 2 days later she was in the hospital with pneumonia...... I dont know I dont know ... So between voting for Maeve and taking care of sick babys I havent been on too much to check in with everyone, I hope every thing is going well!! Thanks for listening sometimes I just dont know who to talk to. :flowerforyou: :noway:
  • GIBride01
    Options
    Good morning Mommies!!

I'm looking forward to taking my girls out for a walk today!! It's supposed to be a whopping 54 degrees. So I'm planning on bundling everyone up & getting some fresh air! I was struggling with the thoughts of a REST day, so I think that this is much better! Will I burn 450 calories in 1 hour? Not likely, but I'll be spending time with my girls, getting some fresh air & getting out of this house!

Good morning all, I have been following along with you all but not really posting..introduced myself a while back but should probably do it again...SAHM with a almost 16 month old in KS, I have gotten really turned off by some of the other threads running in this forum, but you all are kind and supportive to one another, so :drinker:

I laughed reading your post...my secret..a baby hiking pack! I burn around 350 calories in 30 min, walking up and down hills with a 29 pound toddler on my back and being drug by 2 15 pound dogs! Having given that tidbit of advice, I have been stuck at the same weight for 2 1/2 weeks...so maybe you should take whatever I say with a serious grain of salt:grumble:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    cyrstal, i'm so sorry your little ones are so sick. that stinks!
    as far as changing drs--if you need advice, mine is to change. the fact that you're questioning it all is a clue to yourself, your gut feelings. if it helps, you can flip a coin. if the coin says stay with the dr and then your stomach does a lurch, then you know that's not the outcome you wanted. make sense?
    anyway, it sounds like you want to have confidence in his opinion but his track record is not good. so find a dr you can truly have confidence in w/o having to convince yourself of his/her skill. hth
    and sending get well vibes to the kiddos--stacey
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    gi bride--welcome back! i agree that the people on this thread are very nice and supportive. so i hope we'll see more posts from you. :wink:

tazzy, i hope your weekend of randr helps you feel better by monday. :flowerforyou:

lenece--thinking good things for your dr's appt. :happy:

well, i better get ready for the day. have a good one all! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Mommies!

I'm feeling a bit better today & was able to get through my workout feeling great!! I did week 5 day 2 of my push up challenge & then the BL Power sculpt video. I added on some jump & jacks & walking lunges at the end & then did my cool down! I feel so successful!! I'm looking forward to getting on the Wii Fit tonight after the girls go to bed!

Crystal - I'm so sorry to hear that your babies are sick!! How terrible for them & for you!! It truely hurts your heart doesn't it?? Again, I'm very sorry & I hope that they get better really, really fast! I believe that all Mommies have a kind of intuition (sp) that allows us to know & do what's right for our kids. I say pray about it & listen to what your heart is telling you. I'll be thinking about you & the kids tonight & hoping & praying (hope that's okay) for a speedy recovery for them.

GIBride - :laugh: :laugh: I can totally "see" you being pulled all over the neighborhood by your dogs, toting the baby in the carrier!! I love it!! I'm sure that the neighbors enjoy it too!! What a fine example you're setting for your little one!! An active, healthy Mom!! Keep at it!! Hope you break your 2 week stand still!

Have a great day Mommies & to those who are sick or having a hard time, get better soon! :wink:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...

Well I walked another mile today woo hoo n ran stairs...I feel so good about it...I love it I really wanted to run my mile today but to many ppl where in the small lil gym so I had to walk it but least I DID it..Yaaaaaaaaa:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope everyone has a great weekend
  • GIBride01
    Options
    Thanks all for the re-welcome. Yes I do get alot of comments hiking around with 1 toddler and 2 dogs..mostly along the lines of 'geez you have your hands full" ...its really not too bad, little dogs can only drag so much before they get tired:tongue: Let me add my kiddo to the sicky list. We have hourly daycare on base, I took my son in for an hour Wens, me with him the whole time, to see how he might like it, thought hey...he can play for an hour, I go to the gym, get a cup of coffee...whatever. By Thursday afternoon he had a horrid case of diarrhea, will not eat and is pretty much the picture of misery. He is a bit better this afternoon, but still along way from himself. Its discouraging, I have no family here and hubby works long hours sometimes, I was hoping the hourly daycare thing might be good, but have to wonder after this:frown:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    vote4Maeve.jpg
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Well I added a new ticker to the bottom of my weight loss success. My goal for the month of March is to do 1100 minutes of cardio!!! Here we go!:happy:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Still feeling crappy but gonna go to bed early and get started again tomorrow hubby is off work this week so need to make the most of it once I get started I'll be ok even if I crash early tomorrow night thats fine.

Gotta go get smear test done tomorrow at the womans clinic at local hosp (I hate this and am nervous its 3 years late being done but I cant put it off forever my friends are on my case as she got a dodgy one and has to repeat in 3 months)

Ah well tomorrow shred level 2 elliptical 15 mins jump rope 10 mins and stairs 15 mins shower with smelly shower gel and clean the kitchen what fun.

My 3 yo Charley is being a right pain at the mo very bossy and wont let her little sister do anything the play is all on her terms so there are lots of arguments as Paige now has her own opinions and wont be bullied anymore I have tried naughty step removing toys etc and nothing seems to work she is a stubborn little girl any suggestions welcome.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Well I added a new ticker to the bottom of my weight loss success. My goal for the month of March is to do 1100 minutes of cardio!!! Here we go!:happy:

I :heart: it. That's a great idea. Good luck with that!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    new week, new thread! Come on over & visit with us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43290-stay-at-home-moms-3-2-3-8