I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options
I'm that annoying woman on the stairmaster or stationary bike next to you who mouths the words to the music I'm listening to on my I-Pod-- and occasionally accidentally sings out loud without realizing it.

What annoying person are YOU ?!

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    every now and then I fist bump to a song...lol.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. And I play the imaginary drums while walking on the treadmill too! LOL I'm also the germaphobe who cleans every piece of equipment, including dumbbells and weight plates, before and after I use them.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    totally gets into her music and dances to everything.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

Same here...and no makeup either. Who cares what you look like when you're getting your sweat on!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am super-dorky device girl. Because I am often on call, I carry a pager, a cell phone, and my iPod with earphones.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Running to the toilet in the middle of a workout .....leaving my stuff at the machine. Im never gone very long, but dont want to have to re-wait LOL
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I sing along with the iPod on my rides. Also, I am that girl who will tell you to get off the cell phone if you're having a nice long (and usually loud) chat on the treadmill next to me...if you're on the phone, you're not working out and you might as well just go to the lounge! It distracts me and is a huge gym pet peeve. >: |
    I am super-dorky device girl. Because I am often on call, I carry a pager, a cell phone, and my iPod with earphones.
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

Ah, the Box of Tears. Someday I will have one of my very own.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I'm the chick that takes the corner treadmill so I can practice making faces into the wall mirrors. You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Through 30 minutes of cardio, I listen to my mp3 player, look at the mirror, and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm the chick that takes the corner treadmill so I can practice making faces into the wall mirrors. You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Through 30 minutes of cardio, I listen to my mp3 player, look at the mirror, and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!

LMAO
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options

Ha, that's awesome! I work out in my everyday clothes: jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. I'm too broke to buy a week's worth of cheap gear, and it bothers the hell out of everybody! Muahaha!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    totally gets into her music and dances to everything.

This. I often don't realize that I've started pumping my fists or shaking my booty until it's way past the point of embarrassment. A few times I've almost fallen off the machines because I get too into the music. :laugh:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    im the one that hogs a specific treadmill/elliptical and tries to secretly "restart" the treadmill on my longer runs, as to not go over my time limit. Even though i hate running on the treadmill- if i have to, i definitely try to "secretly" hog the machines LOL. ahh
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Blows her nose every five minutes. Carries a box of tissues with her to every machine. Don't worry, I spray everything with the cleaner when I'm done, but man am I snotty when I get my sweat on!
    Also, I sing along. I try to keep it in my head, but sometimes it's out loud. And if you make eye contact with me, I will smile and wave, I don't care who you are.
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ...and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!

<threadjack>
    I used to work in the psychiatric emergency room, and I'm one of those people who talks to themselves all the time...the docs all wanted to admit me. : /
    </threadjack>
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am the A Hole that will jog backwards on the treadmill, I like the looks I get, it's the what the heck is that guy doing, what's he crazy. I am trying to work on my balance I don't do it the whole time, but will go from a 6.0 MPH run to a 3.0 backwards jog followed by a sideways jaunt.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm the weirdo dancing on the stationary bike WHILE doing high speed peddling.... and mouthing the words at the same time. BTW, my mascara is clumped and run down to my nose from the massive sweat, but I won't notice and clean it up until I head to the weights, and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. At that point, I normally yell at one of my gym buddies, scolding them for not telling that I look like a diseased raccoon. (They're laughing at me and pointing.)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I also sweat all over the treadmill, the belt, the base, the handles, the screen, the whole thing needs to be wiped down.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Running to the toilet in the middle of a workout .....leaving my stuff at the machine. Im never gone very long, but dont want to have to re-wait LOL

This^^^^
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

so love this!!!! second hand workout clothes are all worn in the right spots and comfy already!!! lol