I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed that I dance on the treadmill, fist pumps and all, and try not to fall off. Once my friend was on the treadmill next to me and we went all out together. Turn the speed and volume up and just goooo!
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm that annoying one at the gym who makes a variety of noises when I'm pushing through the pain. Grunts, groans, load breathing, laughing...whatever it takes to push through. Lol a few people looked at me today when I started laughing through a stretch.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I sing along with the iPod on my rides. Also, I am that girl who will tell you to get off the cell phone if you're having a nice long (and usually loud) chat on the treadmill next to me...if you're on the phone, you're not working out and you might as well just go to the lounge! It distracts me and is a huge gym pet peeve. >: |
    I am super-dorky device girl. Because I am often on call, I carry a pager, a cell phone, and my iPod with earphones.
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

Ah, the Box of Tears. Someday I will have one of my very own.

I should make clear, I do not take calls while I am working out. If I am paged, I stop my workout, and leave the workout area to take the call. I'm dorky, but not an a**hole! :flowerforyou:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm not ashamed to say that I sing along with the iPod on my rides. Also, I am that girl who will tell you to get off the cell phone if you're having a nice long (and usually loud) chat on the treadmill next to me...if you're on the phone, you're not working out and you might as well just go to the lounge! It distracts me and is a huge gym pet peeve. >: |
    I am super-dorky device girl. Because I am often on call, I carry a pager, a cell phone, and my iPod with earphones.
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

Ah, the Box of Tears. Someday I will have one of my very own.

I should make clear, I do not take calls while I am working out. If I am paged, I stop my workout, and leave the workout area to take the call. I'm dorky, but not an a**hole! :flowerforyou:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    <threadjack>
    I used to work in the psychiatric emergency room, and I'm one of those people who talks to themselves all the time...the docs all wanted to admit me. : /
    </threadjack>

Can I live in your bathtub
    Hahaha!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I also sweat all over the treadmill, the belt, the base, the handles, the screen, the whole thing needs to be wiped down.

Make sure you get as sweaty as humanly possible and then immediately hug a family member. If you do not do this, I will never forgive you.

I do, if my nephew is over I will give him a big hug he's like three and he goes Uncle Jay Jay you are all sweaty and then I turn around and fart in his face from all the sugar free gum I eat, not really but I do hug him and he does respond that way.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    jeans are against dress code at my gym, yours doesn't care?

Mine only cares if you are wearing shoes that will tear up the floor / equipment.
  • TheSkinnyBanana
    Options
    ...Is working out like a nut on the treadmill and weighs herself 5 times per visit to the gym. :D
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm the annoying one that plays their music too loud.
    If I'm not playing music, I'm watching a tv show on my phone, which turns me into the annoying one that laughs out loud at what you think is nothing.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I hunt people down who don't wipe down their machines. I will throw a rag and disinfectant bottle at everyone and call them slobs for not wiping down their machines, as I discuss how discusting herps/cold sores are with them
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm the chick that takes the corner treadmill so I can practice making faces into the wall mirrors. You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Through 30 minutes of cardio, I listen to my mp3 player, look at the mirror, and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!

lol awesome
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    every now and then I fist bump to a song...lol.
    Me too. . although, i'm not sure that's annoying..? or is it? lol
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm the chick that takes the corner treadmill so I can practice making faces into the wall mirrors. You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Through 30 minutes of cardio, I listen to my mp3 player, look at the mirror, and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!

lol awesome

this chick is my friend, and I can concur that she is awesome!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I am the annoying one who:

1. Video Records my main lifts with a nice video camera and tripod setup, and brings a camera in case one of my training partners might have a cool shot!

2. Hogs the squat rack (including the surrounding 3 feet, makes a bench out of those step things, and even does wall sits and squats) and carries around three huge duffel bags of gear (knee wraps, bench shirts, wrist wraps, chains, forearm equipment, squat suits, exercise bands, heavy chains, belts (multiple kinds, varies per lift).... etc. That doesn't include my personal clothes in the locker room already!

3. Makes loud noises frequently. Only during heavy lifts, but not only mine! I root on or LOUDLY inform my training partners of things during heavy lifts. If I yell while driving through the top of my bench or squat, or even dead too bad! At least I am pushing myself!

4. I frequently bring outside drinks (like yesterdays Coffee) into the gym. That doesn't make sense to most people, but my caffeine addicted head hurts if I don't get my coffee! If would rather slightly "dehydrate" myself so I dont have a horrible nagging headache that gets worse and worse during my two-three hour gym session!

5. I walk around the cardio machines, back and forth deciding which tv is the best one to plop myself under. I will sit or stand on a machine, then leave if I don't like the view of whichever tv I've spotted! I seriously don't even pick a machine before-hand... it all depends on whats playing on the tv screens!

6. My HIIT training session was enormously loud and annoying! I can hardly run fast, I look and feel like I am going to collapse any second off that treadmill and look ridiculous... but oh well! I am burning lots of calories!

I am sure there is more... but that's me! I bet I annoy a LOT! But its okay, that's how you get world records :D
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've answered my phone while on the elliptical. I don't have a full on conversation, but I've chatted for a minute or two. If someone told me to get off my phone, I'd just give them a dirty look and keep talking. That's just rude. I wouldn't go up to the person who has their elliptical on 1 and is reading a magazine and tell them to go sit in the lounge because they're not working out, because it's not my business!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I'm that annoying woman on the stairmaster or stationary bike next to you who mouths the words to the music I'm listening to on my I-Pod-- and occasionally accidentally sings out loud without realizing it.

What annoying person are YOU ?!

LOL I don't need to read any further into this thread because I do this too!! Don't think I've ever sang out loud, though.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    same as you. And sometimes I add hand actions.
  • Stacey43
    Options
    I'm the same! :laugh:
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I'm the one who seems distracted but is watching .....to pick up pointers, tips, new material.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    lol, my husband does that and I was worried about him (talks to himself)