Calling all those who exercise at home

124»

Replies

• TreadClimber.. it's 3 in 1. :)

Treadmill + Stair Climber + Elliptical -- ALL IN ONE!

I want one of those so bad but can't afford it!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Believe it or not...we got our treadclimber off of FREECYCLE. I had to make some adjustments to it and find the manual online to reset some stuff but it's great. Check craigslist or one of those "play it again sports" places that sells them used. We had one before and had bought it from bowflex online and made payments on it. If you get one...make sure you get the rubber mat that goes underneath it...little black bits end up on the floor and that helps.
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    I had a stationary bike, but it died a couple months ago. I thought about replacing it, but I've found I'm burning more calories and getting better workouts with exercise videos.

I really like Amy Dixon's 'Breathless Body'. It's 8 cycles of Tabata drills - so tough (and burns 700 calories in a single workout). I do a variety of step workouts. I also go hiking in the mountains around my house. I lift weights at home, too (but it sounds like you're looking for cardio ideas)

Is that a dvd or a book? I like to do tabata on the bike at the gym because I find cardio sooooo boring and it passes the time.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Sidewalks! I find that I work harder and longer when not on a machine. For me, I think, it is about boredom. Outside I am more engaged.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    I actually get tv shows on DVD and watch an episode while I walk. I never got to watch ER because my ex husband didn't like it...so I'm watching that show. LOTS of seasons. I'm just starting season 6. Some days I don't feel like getting up at 4 and doing it but I just HAVE to know what happens.
  • Thanks for all the responses. I am just doing a little research to see what I want to get when it's time to buy something.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Is that a dvd or a book? I like to do tabata on the bike at the gym because I find cardio sooooo boring and it passes the time.

It's a DVD. The Tabata drills are a variety of exercises you can do at home without equipment.
  • I agree with others that variety is the best, I have my mountain bike on a bike trainer ( cheaper alternative) I love the treadmill and elliptical too. HOWEVER, I find ellipiticals allow you to slow down and lose your pace in comparison with a treadmill.

Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I really like my treadmill. We have the Smooth Fitness 6.75. It's awesome! http://www.smoothfitness.com/treadmills/smooth-675.htm
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    I like the elliptical the best – main reason is that I feel like I burn more on that particular machine than I do the bike or treadmill.
  • I like the elliptical the best – main reason is that I feel like I burn more on that particular machine than I do the bike or treadmill.

I keep hearing you burn more on the eliptical. I believe that is what I am going to be getting. Just going to do some more research. I have been looking online at different things.