What's your favorite QUOTE?

Options

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *kitten*. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." ~Henry Rollins
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones but this one has been the most valuable to me in the last year or so....
    “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” Anais Nin

Love Anais Nin!

Mine is: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi
  • audio907
    Options
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.

-Bruce Lee
  • DZFitness
    DZFitness Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "Make the rest of your life the best of your life" - ET the Hip Hop Preacher
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    the truth? you can't handle the truth!!! i love that saying
  • relpe7
    Options
    “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear...and when I do, it's usually something unusual. John Winger
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    posting for later :blushing:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    No *kitten* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb *kitten* die for his country.
    George S. Patton
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    "Don’t be afraid of misfortune and do not yearn after happiness. It is, after all, all the same. The bitter doesn’t last forever, and the sweet never fills the cup to overflowing. It is enough if you don’t freeze in the cold and if hunger and thirst don’t claw at your sides. If your back isn’t broken, if your feet can walk, if both arms work, if both eyes can see, and if both ears can hear, then whom should you envy? And why? Our envy of others devours us most of all. Rub your eyes and purify your heart and prize above all else in the world those who love you and wish you well."

-- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "Like your work, love your wife". John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies. Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    "At night the bats will beat on the trees,
    knowing it all,
    seeing what they sensed all day."

From Anne Sexton's poem...Suicide Note...

Have this tattooed on my arm....
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
    -- Jack Kerouac

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lkirchherr
    Options
    "One of the main reasons people give up is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of looking at how far they've come."
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "Learn from the past, live in the present and prepare for the future"
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars! Casey Kasum
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    It is never too late to be what you you might have been.
  • bcislander
    Options
    I enjoy lifting weights, so this Ode to weightlifting is a favorite of mine:

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total *kitten*. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the darkest hours. I have found the Iron to be amongst my greatest of friends. It never freaks out on me, it never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." ~ Ode to Weightlifting
  • kelsbel12
    kelsbel12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    “I’ve learned… that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.”
    — Omer B. Washington
  • missbuterfly
    Options
    "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'IM POSSIBLE'!" Audrey Hepburn

This is one that I have said several times a day in my weight loss journey!