What did you get your boyfriend for Christmas?

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
Ladies, wanting to hear what some of you got for your boyfriends for Christmas (of husbands). How long have you been together?

So far I've got mine a Zombie book. And I am completely spacing on what else I can get him. I'm beginning to panic and he keeps talking about how excited he is to give me my gifts and I know he has put lots of time and effort into them.

I just don't wanna disappoint. :frown:

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This year, I got him a Frybaby. No way in heck I'm getting him the big one, he'd want us to eat fried every night. I'm thinking some cologne from just me, as well, but I haven't had time to smell any and the one I know I really like reminds me of an ex-boyfriend so I probably won't be getting him that. We've been married fourteen years.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got him (husband) a Packers Jersey and the Superbowl on DVD. He just had a birthday so I got him AC/DC concert in Paris on DVD for that. This will be our 9th Christmas together.
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have been with my boyfriend for 17months. I got him a brown leather jacket. He mentioned he wanted a new one, and he already has a black one. I got him a brown one this time.
    ps if you live in canada, danier leather is having a sale right now. the jackets are decently priced
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nothing, really. We don't really do presents. Most of the time we do adventures instead. :drinker:

Oh, we've been together for almost 7 years.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This year, I got him a Frybaby. No way in heck I'm getting him the big one, he'd want us to eat fried every night. I'm thinking some cologne from just me, as well, but I haven't had time to smell any and the one I know I really like reminds me of an ex-boyfriend so I probably won't be getting him that. We've been married fourteen years.

Last year my husband got "me" a fry Daddy and I put on 10lbs. :) Since I do all the cooking I have not used it since I started this journey 20 days ago.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Been with the husband for 4 years, married 3.

Got him a sweatshirt from his old highschool with their football team logo on it.
    He's 32 but still reminisces about the old days back on the football team (he was the quarterback then went and played in junior college)

Now he lives here in B.C. and I ordered it from his highschool back in San Ramon, California.

I'm pretty excited about it, I know how much he loved it. And funny enough his mom just mailed us his old helmet about a month ago and he went apes**t about that so I think he's going to love the sweater.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Last year I got my husband a remote-controlled helicopter from Brookstone. He was like a little kid again - so excited. My father in law and brother in law immediately went out and bought their own so they could all play together...LOL!

This year he's getting a Big Buck Hunter plug & play video game and a remote car starter (because he lets me park in the garage). We've been together 5, married 2. The first year we were together I just went with clothes and CD's and stuff like that...

Good luck with the shopping!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nothing, really. We don't really do presents. Most of the time we do adventures instead. :drinker:

Oh, we've been together for almost 7 years.

I told my wife I was going to give her an adventure this year, she told me she tired of me re gifting the same old gift year after year, hahahaha....
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Been married to my husband 8 years and this year Santa is bringing him a Kindle with keyboard and all the other bells and whistles for it, along with a £50 e book voucher.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Married 5.5 yrs. I got him a wii game a dvd he wanted, some clothes, some stuff for our Jeep and our truck (he loves working on or anything to do with spending time with our cars) A new craftsman drill(he wanted a new battery for his but i found a drill on sale so i got it instead). I think thats it.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend a beer-brewing kit (Mr. Beer), a pass for the 2 of us to tour a local brewery, some Nike gear (running shorts, warm sweatpants), a game for the 360, a couple triathlon mags as he's looking to try one in 2012, and a giant bottle of Beard Lube. We have been dating for almost 3 years.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A garmin GPS for his truck. Whenever we go anywhere he is always asking me to get directions on my phone then he decides he knows a better way and gets us lost so I have to find out way back on the phone. Now it will be all up to him! LOL I also got a couple beanie caps and other little stocking stuffers. We've been together 2 years.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend a beer-brewing kit (Mr. Beer), a pass for the 2 of us to tour a local brewery, some Nike gear (running shorts, warm sweatpants), a game for the 360, a couple triathlon mags as he's looking to try one in 2012, and a giant bottle of Beard Lube. We have been dating for almost 3 years.

Oh what is this beard lube? Is this an essential for men with beards?

My bf makes and bottles his own beer with a few other guys. I can't really get him anything for that because they have professional equipment, AND I know nothing about it.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    We've been together 2 years. His big present this year was a jersey. He's a HUGE Denver Broncos fan, so I ordered a Broncos jersey, personalized with his name on the jersey and his favorite number. I also got him Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy on DVD, and a bear carving - b/c bears are his favorite animal. Some odds and ends for the stocking and then his last gift is most personal. He tells me all the time that I 'grinch him'. He always thinks of the movie (the original) How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and how the grinch's heart grew three times it's size that day...so he tells me I grinch him. Well, I found a stuffed Grinch at the Hallmark store the other day, and when you press his hand, it plays that line from the movie!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I got my husband the complete original Star Trek series on DVD and a basketball shirt that says "Put it in the hole".
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Married 7 years, together 10.

Got him an iMac, his computer just crashed and he does some small time music production so I know he is going to be ecstatic!! He has been begging for a mac for years now.

And no, we typically don't spend this much money on each other I just thought he deserved a little extra this year.

Concentrate on your boyfriends interests, what does he love? Don't over think it! If he's into music get him some of his favorite albums or concert tickets. Just stick to what he likes, I'm sure whatever you get will be appreciated!!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Been with the hubby for 9 years, married for 4 and this will be the 3rd year in a row that we haven't got each other a present. I've never been into the whole present giving thing and he only got me one because he felt he had to...so long as I get to spend time with the family over the festive period I'm happy :-))
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Got my husband a new motorcycle helmet, an ipod nano, tickets to a hockey game, clothes and other small items.
    He loves hockey - going to games and playing. Almost bought a helmet himself at a discount store a while back but they didn't have his size and he hates paying full price, so I found a similar one online and just paid full price lol, and he's been saying he wished he had something smaller than his phone to play music and run with all year so..... this is how I came up with my list :)

Thing is - I know he wouldn't want any of the other gifts listed on this topic SO - only you really know your boyfriend and what he will like....unless you've not been dating long and then it's tougher.

Good luck!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    been with my hubby almost 10 years, married almost 9..i got him a craftsman circular saw, since he loves to build stuff, and his dremmels dont last too long, or do as well :wink: hopefully he will be able to keep all his fingers :laugh:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually get my husband stuff I know he wants or needs... things I've heard him complain about or mention. For his birthday, I bought him a computer microphone because his broke and he plays this online game with other players. He liked it.

For Christmas this year, I got him a jacket (because he doesn't have one and has been complaining about being cold) and a pair of his favorite slippers (the ones with the hard rubber soles).

Just listen to his complaints or his conversations with you (or others) and look for clues! Guys are good about letting on to things the need/want and they don't even know it! :bigsmile: