What did you get your boyfriend for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Been married almost 3 years. He got a Kindle. So far, I've gotten the Zombie Combat Manual by Roger Ma, but I know I've got a couple more "small-ish" items. (Three holiday celebrations... he got his one big gift at the first one.)

edit to add: P.S. We use Amazon wish lists to take out the guesswork.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually get my husband stuff I know he wants or needs... things I've heard him complain about or mention. For his birthday, I bought him a computer microphone because his broke and he plays this online game with other players. He liked it.

For Christmas this year, I got him a jacket (because he doesn't have one and has been complaining about being cold) and a pair of his favorite slippers (the ones with the hard rubber soles).

Just listen to his complaints or his conversations with you (or others) and look for clues! Guys are good about letting on to things the need/want and they don't even know it! :bigsmile:

Oh yeah... we've been together for almost 7 years and married for almost 5.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Mine is getting the Star Wars Blu-Rays...and new matching wedding bands..since mine are too big right now...and waiting till after Christmas to get mine resized.

We are also going to Vegas for New Years..so more money will be spent on him..

Together 10 yrs
    Married 7.5 yrs
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend a beer-brewing kit (Mr. Beer), a pass for the 2 of us to tour a local brewery, some Nike gear (running shorts, warm sweatpants), a game for the 360, a couple triathlon mags as he's looking to try one in 2012, and a giant bottle of Beard Lube. We have been dating for almost 3 years.

Oh what is this beard lube? Is this an essential for men with beards?

My bf makes and bottles his own beer with a few other guys. I can't really get him anything for that because they have professional equipment, AND I know nothing about it.

Beard Lube is a "pre-shave oil, shave cream and skin conditioner in one" by Jack Black. I got him a small bottle last year and he fell in love with the stuff. I buy it at Sephora; not sure if it's sold elsewhere.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Married for 20 years here, got the hubby a bass guitar because I know he's been longing for one forever :)
  • hefinator
    Options
    This will be mine and the BF's 3rd Christmas. Previously i've gotten him Xbox 360 games, an RC 2010 Camaro, and stuff for his car that I knew he wanted. This year I got him a T-shirt from one of our favorite games (Portal), a Lego Storm Trooper Alarm Clock, and a Turtle Beach Xbox headset that he's been whining about for over a year! That alone will put me on the Awesome list for MONTHS!!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    A Kindle and case. And some parts and software for the computer he's building.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend (of 4 years) a gift card to The Melting Pot for the two of us, two pairs of new boxers, and the Stephen King DVD "It" (we love scary movies!)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been together about four years, married about six months. I got him a copy of a graphic novel he wanted ("Knife Hands" if anyone is a Terminal Lance reader) and a related t-shirt (the "ultimate moto tattoo" shirt, again, if anyone is a Terminal Lance reader). This is probably really only appropriate if your S.O. is or was in the Marines though. Usually I get him a Best-Buy gift certificate and a homemade treat (candy or cookies). The gift certificate always feels impersonal to me, but he loves it.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Nothing, really. We don't really do presents. Most of the time we do adventures instead. :drinker:

Oh, we've been together for almost 7 years.

We do this, too!!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    don't really exchange anymore.. we like to vacation together 1-2 times a year so instead of doing xmas and bday gifts we just travel... and do cards and stockings.. though i did buy him an ipad2 just because last month... so i guess that is his xmas gift lol
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my husband for 18 years and together for 25 years. We give each other a warm trip in February. This year will be a cruise around the Hawaiian islands. Priceless.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    yoga classes..
    his b-day is the 29th so i have something more special planned for that :wink:
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nothing, really. We don't really do presents. Most of the time we do adventures instead. :drinker:

Oh, we've been together for almost 7 years.

We do this, too!!

us too... almost 7 years
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Last year I got my husband a remote-controlled helicopter from Brookstone. He was like a little kid again - so excited.

I got one of these for my husband for his birthday. He LOVED it.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This year, I got him a Frybaby. No way in heck I'm getting him the big one, he'd want us to eat fried every night. I'm thinking some cologne from just me, as well, but I haven't had time to smell any and the one I know I really like reminds me of an ex-boyfriend so I probably won't be getting him that. We've been married fourteen years.

Last year my husband got "me" a fry Daddy and I put on 10lbs. :) Since I do all the cooking I have not used it since I started this journey 20 days ago.

That sounds about right. I've already told him if we ever get one - he's been wanting one for ten years - I won't be using it, he'll have to do the cooking those nights. I have enough weight without adding that.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    *HOPE MY HUSBAND DOESN'T READ PAST THIS*

I got my husband a pair of fleece lined pants (we live in a colder part of the country), and I also signed up for a 10 day trial of ordering video games online (gamefly.com) and I'm borrowing a wii from a friend so he can play the latest Zelda since he really wants to and I don't want to buy a wii!

Last year I got him mixing bowls since ours were bad and he likes using them.

The year before that, I got him a warm pair of slippers - he goes through a pair a year, but he loves them!

Other things to think about:
    hobbies
    outings/games
    joint activities (ie, nice restaurant, mini golf, movie tickets, etc)

It's hard but keeping a list of the "oh I want that" stuff throughout the year helps!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    been together for 17 years - he never "wants" anything, so I usually buy books or videogames - this year bought him a nice set of headphones with integrated mic for the xbox (he currently has to wear his headphones OVER his mic headset when playing ... funny to see, but can't be very comfortable lol)
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    He's a cigar aficianado, so I got him an assortment of nice cigars and a new cutter.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Iphone 4gs and a tin of ghost peppers!

+4 years.

[In the past I've gotten him a trip to Cancun and Las Vegas]