What's on your menu for Christmas??!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    a message and some strippers would be grand.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Roast Turkey & trimmings all the way! - pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, brussel sprouts, carrots, roast potatoes, bread sauce, cranberry sauce & gravy :-)

This would usually be followed by Christmas pudding & cake which my husband loves. I'm not a fan though so we'll also be making an apple, rhubarb & raspberry crumble with custard.

A few mince pies and some Spanish & Italian Christmas sweets and cakes throughout the day too!

I don't think I'll be logging that day and if i do it'll be off the scale!
    :D LMFO
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Roast Turkey & trimmings all the way! - pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, brussel sprouts, carrots, roast potatoes, bread sauce, cranberry sauce & gravy :-)

This would usually be followed by Christmas pudding & cake which my husband loves. I'm not a fan though so we'll also be making an apple, rhubarb & raspberry crumble with custard.

A few mince pies and some Spanish & Italian Christmas sweets and cakes throughout the day too!

I don't think I'll be logging that day and if i do it'll be off the scale!

Sounds awesome, and delicious. I'll be round, in all senses!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve: Greek food

Pitta with tzatziki, houmous, taramasalata.
    stuffed vine leaves
    calamaris
    olives & feta
    beef stifado
    lamb kleftiko
    rice

Christmas day:

Starter:

king prawns
    smoked salmon
    smoked mackrel
    scallops in lemon dressing
    side salad

Main:
    3 bird roast (turkey, Goose & duck)
    Gravy
    Stuffing
    Roast parsnips
    Roast potatoes
    brussels sprouts
    chipolatas in bacon
    carrots
    cranberry sauce

Pudding: Christmas pudding with rum sauce.

Boxing Day:

HUUUUUUGE buffet......

Ohhhhhh dear......
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I will make some traditional Hungarian cake and meal :)
    I am going to post the moderated, healthy recipe on my site, if you are interested like my site :) It's free I have no benefits from it. My goal is to help people get on the same healthy lifestyle as me and lose the weight while enjoying the food :)
    You can find cakes, and main dishes, some juice recipe with pic :)
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Potatoe salad with Suasage on Christmas Eve - this is traditional and a must, no matter where in the world I live. I even have a friend bringing the right ingredients with him, when he's coming to visit me tomorrow.

Traditional for Christmas day would be Knoedel halb &halb (Dumplings made from mashed and raw potatoe), red cabbage cooked with apple and lard and onions and Goose. Before a poultry stock soup with parsley and egg and afterwards some hefty pudding (normally some mousse with alcohol) As I am not with the family this year, instead I will have baby pearl potatoes, roasted chicken and roasted courgette, aubergine, mushrooms and baby sweetcorn. Still gonna have the wine with it and as a pudding, coffee cake.

Boxing day will be left overs or fish ^^

Lots of walkies planned in between the meals lol
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Honey-glazed ham, meat ravioli, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, spinach salad, and pie. No one read my food journal for that day, please!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Appetizers:
    Sweet Potato and Turkey Meatballs + Cranberry Chutney
    Slow roasted tomatoes + homemade bread for dipping
    Phyllo cups + goat cheese, beets and beet greens

Main Course:

Braised/pulled pork with apricots
    Roasted carrots and parsnips with carrot green pesto
    Herbed mashed potatoes

Dessert:
    My mother-in-law is handling this. YAY
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve baked salmon, asparagas and wild rice. Christmas day a traditional turkey dinner. My plan is to not cheat, but load up my plate with green beans.:wink:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Not sure about dinner, but venison is whats for lunch :)
  • becky2967
    Options
    mine will consist of non alcoholic wines, water, sirlion steak, ham, beef, turky, chicken lots of veg and all the dressings but ive made one big change this year, bought only 1 sweetie tin, which for a family i dought ill touch any- lol. i did by a christmas cake and low fat custard but im sticking to normal portion sizes and exercise. xx
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve we always do fish (not sure until we hit the market that morning) and I'll probably do a big salad and maybe some roasted potatoes with it.

Christmas day I'm doing the dinner and found (fairly) healthy recipes on Eating Well Magazine's website. I'm making Horseradish crusted beef tenderloin (220 cals), garlicky green beans (92 cals), vermont cheddar yukon gold potatoes (230 cals), and a big salad. I'll also pick up some whole wheat dinner rolls. My Mom will bring fruit cake which I can not resist and will be the most calories of my meal I'm sure.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve - Chili beans, chicken and dumplings and multiple desserts
    Christmas Day - Turkey, dressing, green beans, creamed potatoes, Mango salsa, Sweet potatoes, meat balls, and more desserts than I can name. I feel a HUGE cheat day(s) coming on.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :happy: Christmas Eve will be bacon sandwiches - this is the only time of the year that we have that for breakfast. Dinner will be chicken in mustard with sweet potates and veg

Christmas Day breakfast will be a traditional west indian breakfast, plantain, saltfish, fritters and saltfish and ackee for my hubby. Dinner will be turkey with all of the trimmings. Merry Christmas everyone:drinker:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Simple and healthy to start:

Antipasto salad
    Garlic blasted lamb roast with red wine reduction
    roasted fingerling potatoes
    sauteed green beans with garlic and evoo.

Delicious and decadent to finish:
    Cream cheese cherry pie
    apple crisp with ice cream
    lemon meringue pie
  • skinnymits
    Options
    We always have turkey, Pork and Beef with all the trimmings. Pigs in Blankets, two different types of stuffing, loads of veg and potatoes lovely roast dinner. Then for dessert we have three or four different types of desert, normally something chocolately, lemon possets, christmas cake and trifle. Then loads of wine on the table, baileys and loads of alcohol and chocolates
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve my parents and I are making steamed shrimp, sauteed scallops, mussels marinara, crabcakes, grilled fish... maybe an antipasto, and cookies for dessert.

Christmas Day we're visiting my mom's father, who really lives out in the middle of nowhere. I think Olive Garden and Red Lobster are our only options.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    just me and my hubby for Christmas Eve, so a la A Christmas Story, we're going to order Chinese. No duck, though, haha. I'll probably go get take out and bring it back....he'll be working. He works from home as a help desk tech for AT&T, but they're anticpating a slow night, so I'm going to sit with him, eat dinner, and exchange presents. :)

Then Christmas morning, it's my famous sausage balls, and my father-in-law's awesome french toast and bacon. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm