Anybody choose to NOT log any exercise?

Options
124»

Replies

• Charbella87
    Options
    I usually log it AFTER I complete my day.

I thought about doing it that way too.
  • Charbella87
    Options
    i do exactly the same as you, if i see i only have low cal allowance i feel starved, if i do LOADs of exercise and have lots of cals to eat back i would pig out! by doing it this way your cals are more even and you see at the start of the day what your allowance is so its easier to plan meals. if i have worked so hard in the gym why would i want to eat back what i just burned? it also motivates me to go to the gym, as i am eating enough to only lose 1lb, so the only way i will lose 2lbs is by working out :)

Most people do eat back their exercise cals as thats how MFP was designed to work, the more you exercise the more you can eat, but the calories are the same either way, so if it is working for you stick with it :)

eg mine are - MFP goal lose 2lb = 1240 cals plus eat back exercise of 500 per day
    MFP goal lose 1lb = 1740 cals. Do not eat back exercise cals 500 per day = 3500 burned, 2lb total loss.

I log my cals burned in exercise notes, that way you have a record of what you have done, but it doesnt affect cal totals. It would be nice if exercise could be logged seperately, but since the site is free i think we just need to work round how it works already :)

See this is exactly what I mean. I actually want to lose 2 pounds per week but with that kind of goal my calories were at 1400. Well I got fat for a reason and along with the 6 years of health/nursing education I got, I decided that 1400 wasn't enough for me. It wasn't until later that I realized when you exercise you gain calories back so really I could have burned 500 and eaten those extra calories back. But I guess for me I felt better SEEING that I could eat 1900 calories and lose 1 pound per week instead. However, I do want to lose 2 pounds per week so based on how I have set my goals up, I shouldn't eat what I burn at the gym. That'll have me eating 2400 calories and still only losing 1 pound per week.

I don't know. It's just the way I prefer to look at it. My meals seem to hover around 600 calories anyway so seeing my 1900 calorie goal makes me feel better.