Worst thing you ever ate...

Options

Replies

• heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pho. Vietnamese food can be good and so can pho but not everyone makes it the same. The broth was tasty but there was some section of internal organ that felt absolutely horrid on my tongue and throat. I had never been so grossed out in my life.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    LUTEFISK!

It's a Norwegian fish that is literally soaked in LYE! People around here love the stuff, but it reminded me of gelatinous squished eyeballs (not that I've ever eaten THAT before :wink: )

030725lutefisk.jpg
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Danish lakritz. It's very, very strong black licorice and often has a sour, salty granular topping. It's HORRIBLE!
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Worms, Crickets & Fish Heads...Good Protien while starving at Survial Training
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Kimchi. My dad used to eat it all the time when I was a kid, and I would come home from the school and the house would smell of rotten cabbage. I actually tried one that wasn't too bad a few years ago, but I can do without...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oysters
    mussels
    clams
    Basically I dont like seafood that comes on a shell:grumble:
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LUTEFISK!

It's a Norwegian fish that is literally soaked in LYE! People around here love the stuff, but it reminded me of gelatinous squished eyeballs (not that I've ever eaten THAT before :wink: )

030725lutefisk.jpg

I've always wanted to try it. What is it eaten with?
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    wooow. I'm embarrassed to post the most disgusting thing I've ever ate. It's nothing compared what you all have tried.
    I don't know how you do it....
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    SPAM!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Funny, some of my favourite foods have been mentioned (mussels, guacamole, durian and octopus!)

The worst food I ever ate had to be some fromage de tete, which I ate as a kid in France. It's head cheese or pate made from cow's brains, set in aspic. Yuck! I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to food but this was too much.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I was just reading about in Scotland a new idea on a menu - Deep fried butter balls! Frozen butter then coated with batter and deep fried - that's got to be disgusting
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The consistency of liver grosses me out.

But surprisingly, I like the occasional Braunschweiger (liver sausage) sandwich!
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    haha at the marmite and vegemite:love: NZ and Australians tend to have it over here so not european. Oh and Mussells over here are very common also.

Ok the worst thing I ever ate....I dont like...Sardines :ohwell:
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Venison, I was probably 10 at the time and our next door neighbor took up hunting, because of him I can't eat duck (the bit I tried of the duck he gave my parents I got all the gun powder BLEUGH! But anyway he managed to shoot a deer (for those who don't know what venison is) and my parents never bothered to tell me what I was eating so as far as I was aware it was a normal Sunday roast, meat and veggies, then I took a bite of what I presumed was normal meat and urgh, my mouth protested so much and I felt so sick, finally asked what it was and can say I was very unimpressed, made me become a vegetarian for 7 years. Yuck yuck yuck bad memories xD

And someone mentioned Marmite wasn't European .. Marmite comes originally from England in 1902 (although before that it had been used since 1680) and a company bought the rights to distribute it in NZ and Australia in 1908 and in 1910 it was finally sold in NZ.

Edit: I'm a Marmite nerd.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    McDonalds
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    double post.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Are you ready???

Lamb head!
    yeah... the brain... the tongue etc.

I CAN'T EVEN WATCH IT... NEITHER SMELL IT... so you can imagine what about eating it!

The problem is that it is supposed to be a traditional Easter food in Greece, so each Easter my family(parents, aunts, uncles, cousins... the typical greek family) try to make me eat it I feel like vomiting.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like quinoa too! Worst thing I ate was a muscle, yuck!
    What muscle are you talking about?

The worst thing I can think of right now was frog legs. I'd try them again from a more reputable establishment, but these tasted like muddy fat. Or the chicken feet (I love chicken feet) that tasted like they had sat open in a refrigerator for weeks, absorbing all the odors.
    Maybe mussels? sometimes I think they are ok, not my favorite. I can't think of anything too horrible except recently in Spain the asparagus was white and bloated and maybe pickled, I couldn't eat it.
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'll throw my vote in for durian. Tasted like old rotting onions and garlic. And they make ice cream out of the stuff!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    McRib
    Tripe
    Oysters
    Cottage Cheese