How much does your weight varies?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    I always weigh about 2 lbs more at night then when I do in the morning... Does that mean I get 2lbs worth of food? Who knows..
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Mine usually only varies 2-3lbs, but not more than 4-5 around that time of the month. maybe it's your scale? I had a scale that would give me a different number everytime I steppe on it. I couldn't stand it, so I got one that was more consistent.
  • GinaJDarling
    GinaJDarling Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine varies about 5-7lbs more at night but by morning its all gone and then some!! Its like magic 7lbs just disapearing in my sleep.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Mine varies 3lbs...I've learned to live with the flucuations on the scale and not freek.
  • I weighed myself this morning and was 136 but when I weighed myself this evening I was 142 ... kind of disappointing. But I know weight fluctuates and that using 2 different scales is to blame. But it is still pretty crazy how much it varies.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mine usually only varies 2-3lbs, but not more than 4-5 around that time of the month. maybe it's your scale? I had a scale that would give me a different number everytime I steppe on it. I couldn't stand it, so I got one that was more consistent.

I wish the scale was the case, but I actually own 2 scales and both read the same. I thought my original $10 scale was bad so I bought a super nice one, and it actually read almost the same, my new one always says I am .2 heavier, but otherwise the two scales tell me same weight.
    I actually don't even get my TOM cause I am on depo shot, so it so strange, but it seems from other posters that I am not the only whose weight varies by 10lbs once in a while. Hopefully when i get closer to my weight the difference won't be so much! :tongue:
  • mmcclure002
    Options
    I can't get myself to weigh everyday. I usually weigh twice a week and mainly shoot for the mornings before eating.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    OMG I think I figured why I retain as much as 11lbs of water, I googled if depo shot can make you retain water and it actually does! I read an article on livestrong.com. I have been on depo for almost 3 years and no longer get my TOM, so it must be the depo shot that's making me retain so much, it's the only think that makes sense :P

http://www.livestrong.com/article/99811-lose-weight-depo-shot/
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    3-4 lb per day...
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    oh i don't do that anymore. it was too heartbreaking! as much as 3 lb different day to day. if i ate a lot of sodium, as much as 5 lb.

mine too, I don't even torture myself anymore.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Usually 2-4 lbs. Don't worry about it. That's what your body does. It holds water to help your body operate: muscles, brain, joints, etc. You will also fluctuate on your period, after high sodium days or lots of alcohol. Just try to stay consistent, drink a lot of water, weigh ONCE a week, and you'll be fine.
  • AliceMpls
    AliceMpls Posts: 18
    Options

I wish the scale was the case, but I actually own 2 scales and both read the same. I thought my original $10 scale was bad so I bought a super nice one, and it actually read almost the same, my new one always says I am .2 heavier, but otherwise the two scales tell me same weight.
    I actually don't even get my TOM cause I am on depo shot, so it so strange, but it seems from other posters that I am not the only whose weight varies by 10lbs once in a while. Hopefully when i get closer to my weight the difference won't be so much! :tongue:

These posts make me feel so much better! I felt like I was alone in my crazy flucuations on the scale! My weight flucuates up to 10 lbs and it can be soooo frustrating! I was on depo several years ago and I'm on the BC pill now so maybe that has something to do with it.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

These posts make me feel so much better! I felt like I was alone in my crazy flucuations on the scale! My weight flucuates up to 10 lbs and it can be soooo frustrating! I was on depo several years ago and I'm on the BC pill now so maybe that has something to do with it.

bet you anything the birth control effects the amounts of flactuations in weight, I guess different bodies respond differently. You're first person I met whose weight varies by as much as mine. The most I ever recorded to this day is 12lbs! So insane!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My usual variation is 2-3 lbs from morning to evening and from day to day.
    My biggest variance was 20 lbs of water retention in one day.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    If I'm REALLY bloated it can vary all the way to about 8-10 pounds.

On a regular day depending on how I ate and if I exercised it's more like 2 pounds
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see how much your weight varies day to day, morning to night, whats the most it varied by?

My last weigh-in I weighed: 165.4, last night it was 176, this morning 174.6, 4 days ago 169
    The most my weight varied by was 11lbs, talking about some serious water retention :P

Wow, that's a big difference, guess I don't feel so bad now. My weight varies from 2.5 lbs. to as much as 4 pounds (on a bad eating day). I'm trying to get back under control right now. I feel the last two weeks have been tough food-wise for me. This next coming weekend isn't going to be much easier with going out of town and celebrating a birthday coming up.
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, I suddenly feel more normal now. LOL. My avg. morning weight fluxuates 2 to 3 lbs everyday, If I weigh at night, I weigh 4 lbs more than I did in the am. If my TOM is near, I have been as much as 5 pounds heavier in the am...talk about going crazy until you learn the pattern...I usually see BIG drop after that...usually an additional 2lbs lighter than pre- PMS morning weigh in...Isn't the female body fantastic?!? :grumble:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3-4 pounds heavier in the evening than in the morning.
    (Spot checked this just to have a sense of what's normal for me and so I wouldn't freak out @ Dr's appts. which I usually schedule for the evening.)

From day-to-day I bounce around in a 2-5 pounds.