BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Geez! When I sit here on my computer all day, it seems slow like nobody is typing. Today Harley and I went to lunch with my Mom and then we did some errands. I get home and I am a page and a half behind!

I like deviled eggs but with no paprika! When my mom would make them for a picnic, she’d always put paprika on half of them. She said it keeps the kids away so the adults have a chance to get one. No fair! (It worked.)

Pickled eggs. Sorry I just threw up in my mouth a little. :sick:

Road trip! I’m in. But nobody bring any beets. That’ll stink up the car. I love anywhere souther (it’s a word) of PA. I told Dave I would move south in a second. I hate snow and cold.

Nicky – Sorry about the sickies. Maybe you’re sick from eating those beets that you love. Okay, I’m a little slow. What was the sign supposed to say?

I wore thigh highs for my wedding. Not to be sexy. I just didn’t want to have to worry about pulling pantyhose up with fake nails and a poufy dress. We got married May 6, 2007 (05-06-07). I wore strapless. Luckily it was 70 degrees because just a week before, it was snowing! (Stupid PA :grumble: )

Amanda – You just need to do 3 new things this WEEK. You don’t have to be a showoff and get them all done the first day. Geez!

Dave is Catholic so we are getting Long John Silver's tonight. I am getting the freshside grille tilapia. Dave is getting the shrimp scampi and the salmon. I am gonna try both of his (and Dave is trying salmon) for one of our new things.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OHhh, salmon Lori.. another red/pink food - not to be confused with beets..

I went to a food lecture at work yesterday about "SuperFoods" - not sure I really go for the whole "Super" aspect, but there are definitely some foods with more nutritional bang for the buck.. Salmon is one of the best.. and very tasty too.. enjoy your dinners..

Sam - what is it that makes you feel sick and gives you a purplish rash - just for the record.. sounds like the plague.

Nicky - sounds like you are feeling better tonight..

Still working on my 3 things.. Hard to think of a food I haven't tried - I'm pretty adventurous..

Will use one of my 3 on the rowing machine at the gym - Have always wanted to try, but will get some help tomorrow and learn how to use.. could use the upper body work.

Hmmm -- 2 more to go..

janie
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey.....well, we dodged a bullet this morning. My 11 yo knucklehead diabetic daughter went to bed last night with her sugar over 500 and didn't bother to tell me. She awoke in the night sick, with her sugar in the high 400's...and never bothered to wake me. She's on an insulin pump, so she was programming her pump to deliver the insulin, but obviously something was not right.

My 17 yo daughter ran into me this morning as I was doing my morning typing to say that Rebekah was sick. She had large ketones in her urine....diabetic ketoacidosis was beginning. This is a fatal condition if not caught in time. It nearly killed her last Valentines' Day......we weren't familiar with the signs yet.

Thankfully, I was able to catch it and treat her and bring her back out of it.....but she's still a bit high, and ketones are unstable, still. (Ketones in the urine mean that her body can't get to the sugar for fuel because she doesn't have enough insulin. Insulin is the key that unlocks the cells to let the sugar in for fuel. Without sugar, the cells turn to fat and protein to burn as fuel, the byproducts of which end up in the blood...and are toxic....there....your basic diabetes lesson)

Anyway...thank God we did not have a replay of last February. With no health care, we are totally flying without a net as far as she's concerned. But, let me tell you....I think Rebekah would have preferred the ketoacidosis today to Me. I was SOOOO angry at her. This child's judgment, after 6 years of living with this disease, is simply dreadful.

Off to a basketball game, and home to type my head off.

Hugs to all....
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Lori- Let us know how the tilapia and salmon are. I didn't know Long John Silver's even had that. Guess we'll have to find one around here. I'm having salmon tonight, too.

Nicky- That's classic...I wish you had a camera too!

Marla- I'm so glad you were able to get to your daughter, and that she is doing better! I'll be keeping the both of you in my thoughts. *Hug*

Can I get in on the road trip too? I know I'm out of the way if y'all want to go to TN, but I hate the cold too. We haven't even had much snow, thank goodness, but I am so over it. Bring on the summer!

I don't know what my three new things for the week are yet, but I will think about it. Actually, I did try a new tea today, so there is one. Celestial Seasonings Peppermint. It's no Honey Vanilla Chamomile, but it was pretty good.

Hope everyone had a good weigh in!

Shuntae :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey.....well, we dodged a bullet this morning. My 11 yo knucklehead diabetic daughter went to bed last night with her sugar over 500 and didn't bother to tell me. She awoke in the night sick, with her sugar in the high 400's...and never bothered to wake me. She's on an insulin pump, so she was programming her pump to deliver the insulin, but obviously something was not right.

My 17 yo daughter ran into me this morning as I was doing my morning typing to say that Rebekah was sick. She had large ketones in her urine....diabetic ketoacidosis was beginning. This is a fatal condition if not caught in time. It nearly killed her last Valentines' Day......we weren't familiar with the signs yet.

Thankfully, I was able to catch it and treat her and bring her back out of it.....but she's still a bit high, and ketones are unstable, still. (Ketones in the urine mean that her body can't get to the sugar for fuel because she doesn't have enough insulin. Insulin is the key that unlocks the cells to let the sugar in for fuel. Without sugar, the cells turn to fat and protein to burn as fuel, the byproducts of which end up in the blood...and are toxic....there....your basic diabetes lesson)

Anyway...thank God we did not have a replay of last February. With no health care, we are totally flying without a net as far as she's concerned. But, let me tell you....I think Rebekah would have preferred the ketoacidosis today to Me. I was SOOOO angry at her. This child's judgment, after 6 years of living with this disease, is simply dreadful.

Hugs to all....

OMG Marla - that is so scary..

Thank God she is OK now..

I know you've heard this before and know it is true, but seriously, you need health insurance..

Wish Hilary Clinton had gotten further with mandatory health insurance for all..

Take care of all of you - I'll be thinking of you..

jb
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Oh, my, Marla! I’m glad she’s okay!

Being Ash Wed. LJS was packed. Dave went in to get our food. He ordered one each of the fish and 2-5 oz. servings of rice. The teen workers said they couldn’t do it and gave him a hard time. We ended up getting the tilapia and salmon, only half an order of shrimp (4 pieces instead of 8) and 3 little 2 oz. containers of rice. I know they were busy but still. Dave said they were rude and sighed about the way he ordered. Am I old enough to say, “Kids now a days!”

Since they only gave him 4 shrimp, I didn’t try that but I tried the salmon and it wasn’t too bad. Not as “fishy” as I expected.

Shuntae – Since you live in MD, we’ll pick you up too for our road trip. If it was far north like Maine, then you’d be out of luck. I’m not going north to get away from the cold! BTW, I just noticed your ticker. 96 pounds is awesome!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Hugs to all....

One of the girls I work with her little (big) brother who is 15 went into a coma because he failed to tell anyone that his sugar was high. Glad to hear she is ok.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam - what is it that makes you feel sick and gives you a purplish rash - just for the record.. sounds like the plague.

It's spinal meningitis. It is the thing that killed my sister. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY contagious and can act fast!!! My sister passed in 18 hours of feeling sick.
    Sorry if I just made everyone sad. when I hear people say flu like symptoms it freaks me out!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Being Ash Wed. LJS was packed. Dave went in to get our food. He ordered one each of the fish and 2-5 oz. servings of rice. The teen workers said they couldn’t do it and gave him a hard time. We ended up getting the tilapia and salmon, only half an order of shrimp (4 pieces instead of 8) and 3 little 2 oz. containers of rice. I know they were busy but still. Dave said they were rude and sighed about the way he ordered. Am I old enough to say, “Kids now a days!”

Since they only gave him 4 shrimp, I didn’t try that but I tried the salmon and it wasn’t too bad. Not as “fishy” as I expected.

Shuntae – Since you live in MD, we’ll pick you up too for our road trip. If it was far north like Maine, then you’d be out of luck. I’m not going north to get away from the cold! BTW, I just noticed your ticker. 96 pounds is awesome!

Guess I'm out of the road trip then lol........I'm the only one around here brave enough to live through a Maine winter lol.

Ah wel
  • loreeb18
    Options

Guess I'm out of the road trip then lol........I'm the only one around here brave enough to live through a Maine winter lol.

Ah wel

If you drive down to Ohio or Pa to meet us, you can join us and road trip the rest of the way. Otherwise, enjoy the snow! :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am sorry Loree I didn't mean to be a show-off! :laugh: I was just so excited that that was the challenge and I completed it all today. My massage was to die for and I am thinking that would be a great reward for when I reach my final weight loss goal. I didn't feel sore or tense or anything before hand and that girl knew where my body needed massaged the most.

Marla, I am so sorry about your daughter. The things with kids can be the scariest. I am so glad that she is okay now.

Sam, my sister drives me crazy and she is my best friend. I can't imagine my life without her. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, my sister drives me crazy and she is my best friend. I can't imagine my life without her. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

It's hard. this march will be 13 years. She passed away 11 days after my 18th birthday. We were so close. I always tell people to cherish every moment with their family because you never know if you will see them tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Marla so glad she is okay.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My cousin also had spinal meningitis & has since recovered, but it was a LONG road & she was in the hospital for a very long time. *hugs* Sam, I'm so sorry about your sister. I couldn't imagine the pain that must come with that. :heart:

Amanda - I am SO jealous! I want a massage! I went to have one when I was about 27 months pregnant with T & the woman yap yap yapped at me the WHOLE time about her freakin' kids. I don't care! Just rub my damn feet! :bigsmile:

Marla - Oh EM GEE! How did you not beat the snot out of her?! I hope she is still on the mend & will remember this for next time her sugar gets high! I'll continue to pray that her diabetes stays in check! *hugs*

Andrew - *shudder* Just the words "Maine" and "winter" make me want to move to a beach somewhere. I don't know how you & Beth do it. The snow would make me nutty. BUT, if you meet us in PA, we'll throw you in my Suburban. Road trip! :laugh:

Lori - Kids these days, indeed! They need to be reminded that there are PLENTY of people that would take their jobs these days so they better do it well! Little punks. Salmon at LJS scares me a little. I haven't been there in years. My husband converted to Lutheran from Catholic before we got married & likes to call his mom to taunt her on Fridays by telling her that he's eating a burger or a pizza with pepperoni on it. He's such a good son.

Jeannie - How are you feeling today?!

Tresa - YAY for being a long time cancer survivor! I'm sorry your lung function has been compromised, though. That makes a recovery from bronchitis yucky, I'm sure! Hang in there, girly! You're doing great!

I have to power wash my house today so I'm going to TRY to be around very little. We'll see if it happens. Yesterday, I ended up sitting here all day long b/c I was nursing a certain little girl all day & didn't want to watch Wall-E on a loop. *sigh* I THINK the sickness is almost gone, though!

TTYL! :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    My cousin also had spinal meningitis & has since recovered, but it was a LONG road & she was in the hospital for a very long time. *hugs* Sam, I'm so sorry about your sister. I couldn't imagine the pain that must come with that. :heart:

Amanda - I am SO jealous! I want a massage! I went to have one when I was about 27 months pregnant with T & the woman yap yap yapped at me the WHOLE time about her freakin' kids. I don't care! Just rub my damn feet! :bigsmile:

Marla - Oh EM GEE! How did you not beat the snot out of her?! I hope she is still on the mend & will remember this for next time her sugar gets high! I'll continue to pray that her diabetes stays in check! *hugs*

Andrew - *shudder* Just the words "Maine" and "winter" make me want to move to a beach somewhere. I don't know how you & Beth do it. The snow would make me nutty. BUT, if you meet us in PA, we'll throw you in my Suburban. Road trip! :laugh:

Lori - Kids these days, indeed! They need to be reminded that there are PLENTY of people that would take their jobs these days so they better do it well! Little punks. Salmon at LJS scares me a little. I haven't been there in years. My husband converted to Lutheran from Catholic before we got married & likes to call his mom to taunt her on Fridays by telling her that he's eating a burger or a pizza with pepperoni on it. He's such a good son.

Jeannie - How are you feeling today?!

Tresa - YAY for being a long time cancer survivor! I'm sorry your lung function has been compromised, though. That makes a recovery from bronchitis yucky, I'm sure! Hang in there, girly! You're doing great!

I have to power wash my house today so I'm going to TRY to be around very little. We'll see if it happens. Yesterday, I ended up sitting here all day long b/c I was nursing a certain little girl all day & didn't want to watch Wall-E on a loop. *sigh* I THINK the sickness is almost gone, though!

TTYL! :heart:

Every single day while the little one naps. The big one watches wall-e. Never seen him love something so much. Lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Sam! :heart:

128.gif
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

It's spinal meningitis. It is the thing that killed my sister. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY contagious and can act fast!!! My sister passed in 18 hours of feeling sick.
    Sorry if I just made everyone sad. when I hear people say flu like symptoms it freaks me out!!

Aw. Well, I've been sick with flu like symptoms for several days so I don't think you need to worry hon. Sorry about your loss.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Since my reputation is at stake...I'm leaving up the photobucket error instead of editing it. There's a long story, but you should know a photobucket error is VERY special when it comes from me. :laugh: Isn't that right, Lori?! LOL

128.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Aw. Well, I've been sick with flu like symptoms for several days so I don't think you need to worry hon. Sorry about your loss.

My cousin had flu symptoms for about 4 days before it got to the point where her mom took her to the hospital. Just keep an eye on yourself. *hugs* How are you feeling today?

Andrew - I KNOW! My kid hasn't shown this much interest in something on tv EVER. I don't know if it is the lack of dialog & the need to "pay attention" or what, but he just loves it. I'm hoping to "take it away" in about a week & hide it until our trip to Myrtle Beach. A good 93 minutes of Wall-E induced silence sounds golden to me! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Since my reputation is at stake...I'm leaving up the photobucket error instead of editing it. There's a long story, but you should know a photobucket error is VERY special when it comes from me. :laugh: Isn't that right, Lori?! LOL

128.gif

A photobucket error from Beans is an honor! (It took me forever to get one!) You should feel super special.

happy-birthday.jpg