BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    hey Sam, can I have the blue flower -- frosting is the best part..

The frosting is the best part! When I was a kid that was all I would eat then I went through a period and only ate the cake but now it's all of it that I like and that is oh so bad!!:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    It doesn't say "Hap" on it. :grumble:

Sorry. Channeling my inner 2 year old. :laugh:

Your inner brat baby twos? :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    hey Sam, can I have the blue flower -- frosting is the best part..

The frosting is the best part! When I was a kid that was all I would eat then I went through a period and only ate the cake but now it's all of it that I like and that is oh so bad!!:bigsmile: :blushing:

My youngest loves the cake best right now.. I love to eat cake with her...:devil: :devil:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hello friends, at the sweet insistance of our fearless leader, Sam, I've decided to pop in and say hello...I'm still alive and kicking...though my incision is giving me a terrible time...no exercise, which I'm sure has contributed to stalling my weight loss significantly...and the fact that my doctor told me I could stop taking one of my blood pressure medications (which was a diuretic) has caused me to pack on some pounds despite eating fairly healthily...so I am going to start taking them again and hopefully it will jump start my weight loss again...
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I really need to vent. I hope it's okay if I vent here? :frown:

Argh. So, I don't have the best relationship with my mother. She was really a ****ty mom and to this day is more a needy friend then a parent or family member.

I got a call around 3 this afternoon from her. She's in town, her car broke down, she needs a ride. Okay, fine. I took my fifteen minute break and went to rescue her but when I showed up a good samaritan had beaten me to it and gave her car a boost. Good. Now she can get to the car dealership or home. So I took her groceries (which I stored in my fridge so they wouldn't go bad) and went back to work.

only to get phone calls every half hour.

The first being: They can't fix it. You have to drive me home.

No, I can't drive you home, ma. (FYI, she lives an hour from town) I work until 9. I can't afford to take time off either. You'll just have to spend the night at my place.

NO! I HAVE TO GO HOME. Just give me your car.

You can't drive it that distance, it's in bad shape. It wouldn't be safe.

Then make your roommate give me her car.

NO. I can't do that.

And she hung up on me. Then she calls a half hour later; They're going to fix it. Everything is fine. HAHA.

And then AGAIN; They can't fix it. You have to pick me up.

At this point I told her to call a damned taxi and come pick up the key to my apartment where she could spend the night but NO she has to go home RIGHT NOW. She keeps insisting she HAS to go home but won't give me a reason.

I told her no, as firmly as I could muster in front of my freaking employer... and hung up. At this point my boss starts giving me a hard time and pestering me to drive her home but I can't. I have work. So she suggested me driving her home after work which would be fine... except my mother is having a hissy fit because I won't drive her across the damned bridge to my apartment.

Oh, yeah, did I mention she refuses to let anyone else drive when she's in a vehicle? So she's stuck at the car dealership across the river because she won't let them drive her to my place and keeps calling me to try and get me to take more time off work to pick her up and drive her to my roommate's workplace so she can get my roommate's car. Meanwhile my poor roommate has no clue what's going on? Yeah, not going to happen.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, I'm extremely frustrated.

I know to most people it seems ridiculously petty but I guess you have to have grown up with her to understand the dynamics that exist.

PS: Hi Laura!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hello friends, at the sweet insistance of our fearless leader, Sam, I've decided to pop in and say hello...I'm still alive and kicking...though my incision is giving me a terrible time...no exercise, which I'm sure has contributed to stalling my weight loss significantly...and the fact that my doctor told me I could stop taking one of my blood pressure medications (which was a diuretic) has caused me to pack on some pounds despite eating fairly healthily...so I am going to start taking them again and hopefully it will jump start my weight loss again...

Yay! Hi, Laura! I'm glad you're doing well (besides those dang stitches...:grumble:) I hope to see you around here more often! We miss you!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Nicky - Vent away, my dear. You mother sounds lovely. :huh: Does she make a habit of doing these things? Oh, and isn't it nice that your employer was trying to feed into her neediness?! OY! Adults that can't take care of themselves & their own problems is a sore spot for me. Sure, we all need a little help sometimes, but when someone is willing to help you, take what you get! Don't demand something else! If you don't like it, look elsewhere!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Marla, glad your daughter is okay.
    Sam, Happy Birfday to you!
    Andrew, don't forget to tell me some secrets for eating while staying in a hotel. I'm pulling three weeks starting Monday.
    Janie, Laura would LOVE to get a PM I am sure. I've been busy and haven't talked to her this week. And beets are still Bluuuucky.
    Laura glad to see you!
    Nicky, your mama Drama. Ugh! Hang in there baby.
    Sara, wasn't Ohio beautiful today? I spent the entire day in a meeting in Cuyahoga Falls but at least it was warm.

Lynnie
    Who isn't looking forward to 3 weeks of hotel time.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Ok so I wasn't going to tell any of you this because I don't want any of you to be gone from our threads like sara was. I think you might throw something at your computer and then have to mail it in for replacement or something. But I have too tell you cause I'm MEAN!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was B-E-A-UTIFUL out today so I decided to lay out and I got a little burn :grumble: but will turn into a NICE tan!!!:bigsmile: Tomorrow 81 degrees :laugh: hahaha I have to work all day though.:grumble: I WILL try to get outside though.:happy:

Have a great night!!

PS Thank you for all the birfday wishes!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yea, Laura is back! Take care of yourself and heal up them stitches. But stop in and say hi if you feel up to it.

I’m sorry Nicky. Just cause they’re family and you have to love them doesn’t always mean that you like them. And vent anytime! That’s what we’re here for.

Sam – I hope you peel. Remember the weather when your kids are sticking to Santa’s lap at Christmas. (Okay so I might be slightly bitter about cold weather.)
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Marla, glad your daughter is okay.
    Sam, Happy Birfday to you!
    Andrew, don't forget to tell me some secrets for eating while staying in a hotel. I'm pulling three weeks starting Monday.
    Janie, Laura would LOVE to get a PM I am sure. I've been busy and haven't talked to her this week. And beets are still Bluuuucky.
    Laura glad to see you!
    Nicky, your mama Drama. Ugh! Hang in there baby.
    Sara, wasn't Ohio beautiful today? I spent the entire day in a meeting in Cuyahoga Falls but at least it was warm.

Lynnie
    Who isn't looking forward to 3 weeks of hotel time.

Oh dear lord. your in trouble then. I was terrible at it. Try and keep some fresh fruit around for snacking. See if the hotel can provide a mini fridge. Some will do this free of charge. Same with a Microwave. I brough a spoon and a bowl to have some kashi cereal for breakfast. If the hotel has a continental breakfast...try to avoid the stuff in the warming trays (bacon, sausage biscuits ect....) Look for low fat yogurts, healthy cereals and fruit. Subway was a staple for dinner time. It's a sodium fest but it could be worse. Tried to spread lunch throughout the day. Little bit of trail mix here. a banana there. It is a REAL challenge. Good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so I wasn't going to tell any of you this because I don't want any of you to be gone from our threads like sara was. I think you might throw something at your computer and then have to mail it in for replacement or something. But I have too tell you cause I'm MEAN!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was B-E-A-UTIFUL out today so I decided to lay out and I got a little burn :grumble: but will turn into a NICE tan!!!:bigsmile: Tomorrow 81 degrees :laugh: hahaha I have to work all day though.:grumble: I WILL try to get outside though.:happy:

Have a great night!!

PS Thank you for all the birfday wishes!!!

:blushing: I have to admit I thought of y'all yesterday. I havn't been on much because I have been uber stressed with family and work related crud. I cant sleep, I cant eat.

So yesterday I went to take pictures of an accident scene. The fact the person was really injured was not lost on me, and I was trying to have an attitude of gratitude in the fact I was walking and breathing.

Suddenly I thought of Sara(:smooched: ) and the weather in Ohio. The threads from each of you talking about snow, cold, ice were in my head. The problems some of you are facing that you have no control over.

I looked around and it was a bright sunny day, standing on a bridge, overlooking the Hillsboro Inlet. Sea was sparkling in the sunshine, lighthouse setting a beautiful background. I had my 1st BREATH moment in 3 weeks! I walked back and forth over the bridge a few times for cardio and got a lil sunburn on my nose. I took a picture of a couple here on vacation from Mass.

And you ALL were there with me.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Along those same lines (then I NEED to go workout while everyone is sleeping) I'm also bathing suit shopping. ACK! Can't we go back to this?! PLEASE?!

Bathing-Suits.jpg

Can you imagine that those women would be fined or taken to jail for wearing their skirt too short??
    ALSO- I note quite a BIT of cellulite on that woman's leg so it has been around a LONG time!!:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I've been thinking about you, Jeannie! You must have felt my vibes. :smooched: I'm sorry you're so stressed right now, sweetie. *hugs* Stupid work getting in the way of your fun. *pout*

Sam - ditto what Lori said. :grumble: Pfft. Whatever. I'll let this one slide b/c it WAS your birthday. Pull that crap today & we'll have words! BAH! :wink:

Lynnie - It rained all day here. BUT, at least it wasn't ice or snow! My yard is a MUD PIT!

I just got done working off all the amish friendship bread I ate this week. Well, at least a couple slices. I was "guessing" all week as to how many cals...then I actually sat down, figured out measurments (since it starts with a starter & then you add stuff & then you take some out..blah blah blah)...after I did THAT, I threw up in my mouth a little. I was WAY off. No wonder the scale was creeping back up this week! I was so confused! :laugh: You'd think I was new at this! Geesh!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I've been thinking about you, Jeannie! You must have felt my vibes. :smooched: I'm sorry you're so stressed right now, sweetie. *hugs* Stupid work getting in the way of your fun. *pout*

Sam - ditto what Lori said. :grumble: Pfft. Whatever. I'll let this one slide b/c it WAS your birthday. Pull that crap today & we'll have words! BAH! :wink:

Lynnie - It rained all day here. BUT, at least it wasn't ice or snow! My yard is a MUD PIT!

I just got done working off all the amish friendship bread I ate this week. Well, at least a couple slices. I was "guessing" all week as to how many cals...then I actually sat down, figured out measurments (since it starts with a starter & then you add stuff & then you take some out..blah blah blah)...after I did THAT, I threw up in my mouth a little. I was WAY off. No wonder the scale was creeping back up this week! I was so confused! :laugh: You'd think I was new at this! Geesh!

Jeez, and I always thought friendship calories dont count:grumble:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Everything seems far less annoying after a good nights sleep. Or an interrupted nights sleep with a good morning?

Haha. Have a great day guys.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well today is the last day for me at the store to which I have dedicated 3 years of my life. I know this is a good move for me and I am so grateful for a promotion during a time when many others are losing their livlihoods. (Yes, that attitude of gratitude thing ya'll keep talking about resonates within me deeply). Despite my thankfulness and joy over the new opportuntities presented to me, I'm:sad: sad over leaving people whom I've grown very fond of these past 3 years. I've built many good relationships, shared a lot of laughs (I *am* just as silly at work as I am on this ole net) an really poured my heart into this job. Please be sending me happy vibes all day so I can get through this day without being an emotional falling apart unprofessional wreck. I also need a little help knowing that I *can* shine through this next phase of my life and I have the qualities to be a good manager and not so scared.

Lynnie
    The girl who is tearful already--little birds gotta fly
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Lynnie!!!!!

Hey... I bought a heart rate monitor last night on eBay...not sure if it's a "good" one, but affordable, anyway. Have to try something.....this plateau is really annoying! I'll be curious to see if it works, and what the deal is with the calories.

NO time to tarry, as usual....have a great day.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

LAURA!!! We missed you - so glad you are OK.. Hang in there girl - take care of that body so you can get back to all this craziness..

Thanks for checking in.. I was worried..

will get to the rest of you once I read more..

janie
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Lynnie, am so glad that you got promoted, but it is hard to leave behind the things that we know and like. Hang in there and enjoy your promotion.

Laura, glad you popped in to say hi!!!!! Hope that incision heals soon.

Lori, have a great day!

Sam, Happy belated birthday. It is a good thing it was your birthday yesterday and I like you because when I got out of the pool at 6:45 am yesterday it was snowing here!!!!!!!!!

Andrew, glad you are home with your family. That has got to be wonderful!

Marla, I LOVE my HRM!!!! I hope you like yours too. It is a great tool!

Sara, hope you have a great day and my yard is an ice and mud pit too. I understand your pain! With two lab dogs that are inside /outside my house is a challenge to keep clean.

Jeannie, I am glad that you were able to take a minute to breath yesterday!!! Relax, what doesn't kill a person, makes them stronger. That is motto! I took it when my youngest was first diagnosed and I am still breathing. Have a relaxful week-end and take your frustration out on that trainer.

My news for the day is the scale said 159.5 TODAY!!!!!! Woo_HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: I love my ticker!!!

Black Team - have a terrific week-end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!