I bet your bf/husband is really pleased

Options
beccyleigh
beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
I've read several bogs & forum posts of women who have lost their weight or posted about their progress so far & alot of them have replies along the lines of "wow, well done, I bet your husband is really pleased"" or something similar.

It bugs me quite a bit as it implies that 1) they only lost weight for the benefit of their bf or husband 2) that the person losing the weight should only feel proud of their achievement once they have received validation from their bf or husband 3) that their husbands or bf were somehow dissatisfied with the person before the weight loss.

This isn't some feminist agenda but I rarely see this comment made on male MFP'ers posts charting the same achievement & it is always made by women, so I just wondering what this type of comment implies?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's just guys trying to see if she's single
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options

LOL, I agree
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah i'm with the guys on this one, blatantly trying to see if the lady is single ;)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    yeap yeap!! single?
  • chicagocubsfan23
    Options

Eh I'd agree but she said it's always made by women, so maybe women trying to see if she's single?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    yeap yeap!! single?
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Or maybe they are just thinking that their husband is happy that they look better than before after their hard work, and possibly that comment is being read into a little too much?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I ask if they still make good sammiches.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think maybe the reason men aren't asked how their wives and girlfriends feel about it, is because men are more likely to lose weight FOR THEMSELVES. Tons of women out there say all the time, "I want to look good for my husband.." etc. .. you don't see dudes saying, "Oh, man, I just need to get my abs right so my wife will love me again.." they want to get their abs right so they look ripped.

Women are way too concerned with what others think of them, and project that on to others.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I think what they are saying is I bet your bf/husband is really pleased
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Life's so much better when you give people the benefit of a doubt, and assume that they are not out to get you.

relaxing-on-the-beach.jpg
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I've read several bogs & forum posts of women who have lost their weight or posted about their progress so far & alot of them have replies along the lines of "wow, well done, I bet your husband is really pleased"" or something similar.

It bugs me quite a bit as it implies that 1) they only lost weight for the benefit of their bf or husband 2) that the person losing the weight should only feel proud of their achievement once they have received validation from their bf or husband 3) that their husbands or bf were somehow dissatisfied with the person before the weight loss.

This isn't some feminist agenda but I rarely see this comment made on male MFP'ers posts charting the same achievement & it is always made by women, so I just wondering what this type of comment implies?
    Your Bf must be proud of this post:flowerforyou:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I think what they are saying is I bet your bf/husband is really pleased

Interdasting...
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    ...I'm sorry this bothers you...but..you should suck it up. :flowerforyou:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I bet they're saying it to say it and not implying anything at all.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Life's so much better when you give people the benefit of a doubt, and assume that they are not out to get you.

relaxing-on-the-beach.jpg

If I was chilling on a beach I could be mellow too.

But it's cold and rainy and I WANT TO YELL AT PEOPLE FOR THINGS THEY SAY ON THE INTERNET!!

:wink: :happy:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I ask if they still make good sammiches.

I love you, Carl
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    FYI. my boyfriend actuallly doesn't like that i've lost weight. :o
  • Timothytim2
    Options
    Funny, my wife say's even after twentyfive pounds their's no change and I am still fat and disgusting! Wonder what she'll say after fifty?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Or maybe they are just thinking that their husband is happy that they look better than before after their hard work, and possibly that comment is being read into a little too much?

Annnnddd this is why you're my friend.

Besides, everyone knows when you lose weight you gain wang length. Therefore, they have lost weight and gained wang length.

Which pleases their husbands.

Odd, but I find that somewhat erotic.

Clenis, coming right up.

*EDIT* God, this post makes me look like a weirdo. The truth comes out.