Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Skinny Fat is my goal

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    And I was just about to chime in "you keep using that word..."
    i don't think it means what you think it means....

inconceivable!

LOL, my favorite movie!
    As you wish.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

41lqy53GkuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    I wanna be sober-drunk next year! :drinker:

J/K - I don't know what "skinny-fat" means but it made me giggle. :flowerforyou: :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    I feel like the biggest idiot of all, having read this whole thread. :sad:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Working in health care for many years I'd never heard the term skinny fat used the way it is used on these forums (it has a very different meaning in healthcare) but people always use it as if it's as bad as being obese. But skinny fat (as it's used here) is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by the middle of next year.

I'm not saying I want no muscle, but I really only want enough to keep the fat I have left from sagging and to allow me to run and play and do normal activities. But I don't want to drop my body fat % so that my arms look like little sticks with tiny bulges on them and I have buy breast implants so people can tell I'm female. A little firm fat feels nice to the touch and it looks good both in clothes and out.

Skinny fat is my 2012 goal.

From the description you gave of your goal, that doesn't sound like skinny fat (what we call skinny fat outside the medical world). It's just a decent (normal) amount of BF% on top of muscle. The girls I think of as "skinny fat" - well basically their arms are skinny but all mushy.. as soon as they rest an arm against their side it flattens out and looks twice as big from the side as before, kwim? Basically not enough muscle to keep the fat from sagging.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Good luck with that! I will pray that your butt does not get too saggy.

Well, I'm 50 and I've been skinny fat for most of life and it wasn't saggy. It's not saggy now. I don't plan to lose muscle, I just don't plan to lose all my fat either.

You can have some of my fat and I mean that in the nicest way! I really would share. I would prefer no fat and to be ripped!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Does this help? Just different body fat percentages, you may want

body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

If the one on the right is 30% then I'm 10%.. doesn't look correct for 30% at all..
  • Skinny-fat or normal weight obesity means a person who is of normal BMI or even underweight but has high percentage of body fat. Your goal isn't to be skinny-fat (well you shouldn't be if you want to be healthy) but to be in the normal or average body fat range. That really depends on you. Me as an amateur athlete, I consider myself skinny-fat at 21% because athletes must have lower body fat levels but for ordinary people like you, 21-24% is the ideal.
  • ackerbaby
    ackerbaby Posts: 3 Member
    I Like Skinny Fat too.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    I prefer my more firm size 6 to the squishy size 2 of the last woman I was with.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    If the one on the right is 30% then I'm 10%.. doesn't look correct for 30% at all..

servilia, go to the end of the Leigh Peele article she explains the whole "same body fat % looks different" bit.
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Good for you, I myself would never want to be skinny fat
  • _Angie
    _Angie Posts: 19
    Working in health care for many years I'd never heard the term skinny fat used the way it is used on these forums (it has a very different meaning in healthcare) but people always use it as if it's as bad as being obese. But skinny fat (as it's used here) is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by the middle of next year.

I'm not saying I want no muscle, but I really only want enough to keep the fat I have left from sagging and to allow me to run and play and do normal activities. But I don't want to drop my body fat % so that my arms look like little sticks with tiny bulges on them and I have buy breast implants so people can tell I'm female. A little firm fat feels nice to the touch and it looks good both in clothes and out.

You are misinformed on what skinny fat really is.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Not for me, but I support you and wish you luck in achieving your goals!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    This is what you should do:

Set MFP at 1200 & don't eat exercise calories
    cardio 6x a week for minimum an hour (zumba, tae bo, body sculpt, long distance slow jogging, any jillian michaels dvd are really good)
    Make sure never to consume anywhere near 1g/lb of bw of protein
    Never pick up anything heavier than your handbag

I wish you the best in you're quest for skinny fatness.

I'd get too hungry on just 1200 calories. 60 min of Zumba 6 days a week is what I do though.
    I don't make a point to eat any certain amount of protein because I'm usually over every day.
    My handbag weighs more than my most of my handweights actually. :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes though.
  • bcattoes

You are misinformed on what skinny fat really is.

Yes, this is quite possible. As I said, I've never heard it used as it is on these boards. But I have seem some pics posted. For example, one user posted before and after pics of her tummy. The first was flat but had no visible muscle definition. The second was still flat but you could see her '6 pack' and most of her ribs and honestly she looked like she needed to eat something. This was in the "success" forum. I thought the before pic looked much better than the after.

So, IF the before pic, thin but soft and NOT saggy is skinny fat, that is what I'm shooting for. If it's not skinny fat, then I've misused the term but it's still what I'm shooting for.

But honestly I've seen several before pics called skinny fat that I thought looked better than the after pic. Perhaps not all MFP members use it the same.
  • bcattoes

servilia, go to the end of the Leigh Peele article she explains the whole "same body fat % looks different" bit.
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

I think the girl on the right looks better. Both are a skinnier than I'd like to get, but if those were my only 2 choices I'd rather be the one on the right.
  • bcattoes
    I thought this place was for support not for people to down people for what they say. If this is her goal, thats it. Don't judge. I feel like there is enough judging already in the outside world and this is supposed to be a safe place. I guess I thought wrong.

I agree! To OP I wish you the best of luck!:flowerforyou:

Thanks, but the negativity doesn't bother me. I've never understood why, but I do understand that some people feel the need to trash anything that contradicts their mindset.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    It sounds like you like the more "feminine" look. Maybe something in between is for you. I would LOVE to be fit and muscular, yet still soft and curvy....but I don't know if my body will cooperate with those goals!:laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I think the girl on the right looks better. Both are a skinnier than I'd like to get, but if those were my only 2 choices I'd rather be the one on the right.

I actually agree, but she's also not skinny-fat, either. She's just skinny. Maybe not even skinny... her bones aren't sticking out or anything.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    God bless western culture and what we consider "good" and "ugly".