Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• prettytothinkso
    Options
    New Zealand Eurpoean (and whatever that implies) and Samoan (Western)..
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Crappy double post
  • alapoint89
    Options
    im what white folk call a mut german irish philipino times 2(ilacano and tagalo) native american hawaiian born and raised in hawaii
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    100% Dutch, as is my husband. Our great and grandparents immigrated from holland to America.
  • saritangel696
    Options
    so much diversity!!! most people have a combination of so many!!! and here i am, being 100% colombian :P
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Swedish, German, English.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Dad- Mexican, Spanish and Apache

Mom- Irish and Sicilian

Me- American : )
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Mixed race. My mom is Black and my father Caucasian
    I come from New England but live in Hollywood, Florida
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My dads side welsh and engilsh my mothers side czech both sets of grandparent immagrated to canada during ww2. I live in British Columbia Canada
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    I am german and irish. My grandmas grandparents ( on dads side) came from germany and my grandpas great grandparents came from germany.
    My moms family came from kentucky and polland
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I'm mainly german, a little irish and scottish. I have no idea about my mom's side since she was adopted but we have an inkling she is swedish. My grandmother on my dad's side came from Germany right after WWII with my grandfather. It's funny because he was fighting in Germany for the US and my grandmother married him anyway. :P
  • Im from the City of Hull, UK, would love to live in America though, so much better over there
  • Mocha02
    Options
    Wow, the details are complicated but here goes....

My mom is from Antigua WI. Both of her parents were half West Indian and half Portuguese.
    On my Dad's side we've traced our African family back to Ethiopia, but once in America (brought as slaves) we picked up some Irish (naughty slave owner) and then Native American.

So if you ask me...I'm Black

:)

My family is also from Antigua! AND my great great grandfather is Portugese!
  • dapst3r
    Options
    African American and Native American (Cherokee)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    English (not sure where exactly, I want to say wales), French, Irish, German :)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ancestors were the first germans to settle near new orleans in the 1700's that came over with John Law and were treated as 2nd class citizens along with the natives. Most of my relatives still live in that same town, Des Allemands (the German coast). Born and bred full blooded Cajun here.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have a mixture of a lot of ethnicities: Acadian, German, French, Swiss, English, Irish, Scottish, with one known line each of Dutch, Mi'kmaq (an eastern Canadian/NE USA tribe), and African-Canadian. I was born in Canada, and my family on all sides has been here for several hundred years (actually in the same community--once we got here, we never ventured far! lol).

Ironically, I am a very strong mixture of the Acadians and the foreign Protestant Germans that came to kick the Acadians out of Nova Scotia...Obviously they weren't 100% successful since many of my great-grandparents on several sides of my family were one of each. :P
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Born in England, English Parants, Scotish and Polish Grandparants, :smile:
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My parents are both 100% Dutch, born in Holland. They moved to Canada (separately) in their teens, met and married there.

I was born in Edmonton, AB then immigrated to the US when I was in grade school.

My kids are first-generation American on my side (their dad's family is English and has been here since the 1600's).
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My grandma on my moms side was full blooded german and her dad was cherokee indian.
    My grandma on my dads side was native american and his dad was full blooded Mohawk indian.

Sooo basically I am german and native american. :o)