New Years Resolutions! What are yours?

Options

Replies

• debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Be able to jog three miles.
    Get rid of my arm flaps.
    See the 100's again haven't seen in over 15yrs.
    do more with my kids and husband
    feel better about myself
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    To stop saying "I should have", "I could have", and "I would have". To do or to let it go. To not defeat myself or anyone else. :)

I should mention that last year's was to not endorse drinking and driving amongst my going out friends. And to offer to be DD when no one else is. :)
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    The same as I resolved back in 2000, not to make New Year's resolutions, but to assess my life throughout the year and make the necessary changes at that time instead of once a year.

Well said, and that goes for me too!

Don't make resolutions either, but strive to remain healthy, tweak my diet and exercise to improve my weak points.
  • rsimmons1911
    Options
    I want to compete in 2012 - Men's Physique division.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    To eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    ok here are a few, these are mine and in no particular order.

finish Insanity and do asylum next i think ?

continue with a decent plan of running at least 2-3 times a week.

try to maintain a good workout schedule, especially when i am away from home working living in a hotel and working 10-12 hours a day.

Train for and complete the warrior dash.

ran in a few 5k and maybe even a 10K race.

make plans for at least one good hike. this year i want to go back to Zion national park and go hike " the narrows "

lose 10-15 pounds by this time next year. currently at 195.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    To have this year be the last year I make a resolution about weight loss =)

ME TOO!!! :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i'm going to get into a size 12 dress that i found in the girls dress up box. i put it in there thinking i'd NEVER get back into it. but i tried it on the other day, and i can get it on, it's too tight to wear, but i can get it on, so it won't take that much to actually be wearable.

so, 10kg to lose this year, and get into some size 12 clothes again.
  • amyotte1992
    amyotte1992 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am going to love myself. I will talk to myself the same way I talk to the people who I love. This self hate and lack of confidence is the reason why I can't lose these extra pounds. Bring on the loving, IT'S ON!!!!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Keep on going to the gym.
    By the time my birthday is here (May) I want to be on a strong-lift routine :D
    Do one pull up (hehe at least) by the end of the year.
    Run 10k.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My new year's resolution is to believe in myself and get the weight off once and for all. I entered the Axiom Fitness 12 week challenge and I am going to be the winner. I am going to dream big and accomplish big things this year.
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    To weight 114 lbs by March 12th (the first day of Spring break), and to reach that weight goal by adhering to my MFP diet, exercise plan, and by drinking at least 10 glasses of water per day. I'd like to keep a positive attitude and take on the "glass half full" mentality. I would like to accept most if not all invitations to parties since I tend to consolidate myself in my house. I would like to make more friends, and I can do that by taking the initiative.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    To have this year be the last year I make a resolution about weight loss =)

This! its all coming off this year and staying off!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Finally put forth the effort and lose 73lbs in 2012.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Mine are subject to change, but so far mine are:

1) Get lean and toned!
    2) Continue on with my healthy eating habits and never going back

I need to think of some more
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    One of my goals for 2012 is to run my very first 5k that would benefit Children's Hospital!!!
  • Harmony14
    Options
    To learn its okay to reach out for support instead of feeling like I am only supposed to be there to support others.
    To appreciate who I am and where I am at today rather than waiting for that magic bullet that might come tomorrow or the next day.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    To hit my goal of 130 pounds
    To get 1 year of bootcamp continuous
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Your goals are very impressive, I think they are ambitious and it gives you a greater drive to sucseed, Im sure you will :-) all the various activitys you do will get your physique into a perfect condition, and the NY ballet, go you! thats cool. good luck!

My resoloutions I have 5, they are
    1. get to 14stone or under 12% Body fat
    2. Get Involved in MMA and go as far as I can.
    3. Involved in a video of myself and a friend training, hope to have it done by july to inspire people even if just one to go for their dream
    4. Do something for charity that will earn a good amount, mountain climb/ marathon those type of fund raisers
    5. get myself a missus, Its been way to long!! lol

Im carlie, lost alot of weight this year, 6stone, It been hard, Ive hit the wall a few times, but Im getting there, Im hoping to get into my peak shape by march/april 2012. I would really like to inspire anyone like me who was at first intimidated by excerise in public to overcome their fear and acheive what they want to do. Im a former Rugby Player looking for a career in Mixed Marshall Arts, theres a slim chance, but there is a chance and I am going for it!! good luck to all on your journeys :)

Thanks, :) and wow! Really cool on the MMA stuff! And the video and charity are great thoughs! I think a lot of people are intimidated by exercise in public, and it's a harmful thing, it'd be great to help them overcome it. Best of luck to you too!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    -Lose weight
    -Work on my confidence
    -Run marathons for the first time
    -And other things :)