Anyone else going to be alone Christmas Day - or is it just

Options

Replies

• legalpitch
    Options
    Hi Hon...I'm sure our thoughts are with you. Be proud of who and what you are. You sound like a classy person who is temporarily alone. That won't last, but be open to the possibilities. J
  • atiffany1
    Options
    I am not very close to any of my family, my fiance went to Venezuela to see his son for Christmas and his son's birthday and will be down there for 3 weeks, then he goes to Spain for two months to take care of his house and other things before he moves to America. My kids will be spending Christmas Eve and Morning with their Dad because it is his turn. So yeah I know how you feel this year.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hugs hun. Once the kids are grown Christmas is never the same. My dad passed near Christmas a few years ago, so Christmas will never be the same again. However, I like quiet time, and I usually have a project going on... or plan one to keep me busy. This year is different... I am recovering from surgery, but very thankful the cancer did not spread. I am so ready to restart exercising, but I don't have the thumbs up for that just yet.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I will be alone as well. I plan on sweating out my sorrows in the gym so that hopefully I won't be alone next year :)

says the guy who looks like a model (probably is one) :tongue:
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Looking back, I wish I would have done some volunteer work at a food bank or local non-profit during the Christmas days when I was alone. It would have made the time less lonely.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nah I'm going to have my wife and mum around for christmas day. Then the inlaws over boxing day.
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    I'll be alone. My parents are in Arizona for the winter and my brother is working. So it will be me and the first three seasons of Big Bang Theory :)
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Posts like this make me grateful for my familiy... In two ways both that I have them and that my family had no problem taking in my husband for Christmas, my parents get him something each year like he was one of us kids and he comes to all the Christmas stuff with me, he doesnt have any family anymore since his mom died 3 years ago.
  • Natasha289
    Options
    I will be alone with my daughter as well. Family has fallen apart some and I've been separated for 2 years. I don't miss him, but the weight causes men to steer clear.

So yeah, I'll be home alone with my daughter.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 25 and thought that after school I just wanted to move out and be independent. Let me say, as the 2nd christmas alone, I miss family sometimes. All of my friends have their own stuff going on, and even if we do hang out, I am still missing out on a bunch of traditions. Last year I got through it by working double overtime on christmas eve and day, and justified it by saying that I just wanted to make the money. Truth is, I just didn't want to feel lonely. This year, I'm working, but not the extra shifts, and all I want to do is watch Christmas Vacation and drink egg nog, but no one is available.

So let me take this moment to wish all of you lovely people a very merry Christmas. May we all get through it relatively unscathed, even if it takes a little egg nog! :drinker:
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I spent several years alone at Christmas time after my children grew up and I transfered with my company to Houston. Everyone in my office had children and families at home so it became really hard to meet people. Plus it was embarrasing to tell anyone I didn't have any family.. long long story. Just not what you want to share around a wonderful fun season like Christmas. Its not my fondest memorie in life, but I made the best of my "free" time by taking walks and working on side projects that kept my mind busy. I was not comfortable volunteering for food kitchens or shelters because of my disfunctional family background, but I have great admiration for those can :)

.... Good Luck ... Chin Up and try to focus on what you enjoy doing and make you feel good, not on what others are doing :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    None of your friends picked up on your situation to invite you along? :( All you can do is make the best of the situation. If it were me, I know I would just make my favourite foods, a little mini Christmas dinner, have some of my favourite wine, and watch a nice Christmas movie... like Home Alone or Love Actually, and snuggle the hell out of my cat! haha

I'm away from home this Christmas, but luckily I am with my boyfriend until we visit family the 27th. Maybe you can just stop in at your mother's for a moment just to say hello/Merry Christmas, etc. That way you can get some family time in and then you might enjoy your alone time even more. Just try to make the best of it and I know someday you'll find someone to celebrate it with. :)
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I will be alone for much of the day today and tomorrow. My adoptive family abandoned me several years ago and my kids all seem to make other plans that do not include me. I will be seeing my son and granddaughters tomorrow before they rush off to dinner somewhere. My kids never had extended family near by growing up and did not seem to learn that holidays are about family.
  • Redfieldr
    Options
    I too will be alone on Christmas Day. It has become easier to be alone than to pretend I'm okay.

Like many others, this time of year isn't good for me.

I spend most days with my friends, but on Christmas I cannot accept their invites. The day is full of memories I'd rather not face (while around other people).

Nevertheless, Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I will be and it is okay,maybe some year that will change and it would be nice but for now it is kind of just another day.
    Wishing all the happiest of Christmas days no matter how they spend it and hope the true meaning of the day is what comes first.
    No matter what anyone believes it still can be a symbol of love and giving. :smile:
  • tuttie2830
    Options
    I'll be alone, I hate Christmas. My fathers family gets together but Im not invited. My sister has her 4 kids she gets together with her friends. My mom works. But its ok.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Another year with being with my family :(
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies people - I am not overly sad - just wondering if I was the only person in the world lol :ohwell:
    I was looking out for animal shelters to volunteer at - don't get much into humans anymore :grumble:
    I think I will be right - I will certainly exercise - that will make me have 'happy thoughts' I am sure.
    I guess it is a bit worse because my kids will be going through a cyclone (hurricane) tommorrow too it seems - which was an historical horrible time for where they live now (T. Cyclone Tracey Darwin Australia 1974)
    Some of you have lots of stuff to deal with - I wanted to reply to each and every one of you but I think you would all get sick of my volcano pictures at the bottom of my posts soon enuf!!!!
    If anyone is lonely and wants to be friends - then just add me - I will be on here - I was beginning to think I would be the only person on here and logging lol :happy:
    Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas no matter what you are doing xxx :drinker:
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Would rather be with the rest of my family but I plan on sitting on a cliff near the ocean again this year. Only place I feel free, safe. Beats having another Christmas with an extremely volatile/abusive mother who is constantly stoned/buzzed all the time, making her even more vindictive and just mean. I won't be opening a single present from her this year and I am dead serious. I am avoiding the fallout because me not accepting her "gifts" will mean even more volatility/rage/abuse. I am done. I just wish I had someone to give me unconditional love :( All I want for xmas.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    I will be alone as well. I plan on sweating out my sorrows in the gym
    ^