If anybody is considering the zumba fitness 2 for the wii...

Options

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    If you haven't gotten it for Christmas and want it, its on sale at best buy this week, 24.99! Going to get mine this week.
  • Serenahind
    Options
    I just got this for Christmas. I have yet to try it.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im deffinately guna buy it :D

someone should start zumba 2 challenges on here? :D

xx
  • tfrancoeur
    Options
    I got this for Christmas and I love it already! I lock myself in the basement to play so nobody can watch me, lol! I did a short workout and one extra song, all at the low intensity and burned 273 calories in 22 minutes and was sweating like a pig! I am scared to see what the high intensity is going to be like, but look forward to working my way up to it!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Zumba classes I attended back in the summer. This should be alittle less embarrassing LOL
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I just got it for Christmas and I LOVE it!! :-)
  • posiej
    Options
    Got mine for Christmas, It comes with a belt that the remote fits into, it tracks your movements and I expect the intensity of them. I have just started using it, burned 438 calories in 44 minutes today. This was my third time doing it, I found it a bit confusing at first but keep trying the steps, today I felt like I was getting somewhere, oh I am 66 so my routines to begin with are low impact and the slowest music I can find, one I get the steps down I will try faster choices. I am doing single songs until I am more comfortable with the routines. Does anyone know how to track the calories burned in the exercise portion of myfittnesspal?
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I got this for Christmas and I love it already! I lock myself in the basement to play so nobody can watch me, lol! I did a short workout and one extra song, all at the low intensity and burned 273 calories in 22 minutes and was sweating like a pig! I am scared to see what the high intensity is going to be like, but look forward to working my way up to it!

actually burned less on the high intensity. the moves were very hard, so im sticking to the medium until im more coordinated, haha.
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    Got mine for Christmas, It comes with a belt that the remote fits into, it tracks your movements and I expect the intensity of them. I have just started using it, burned 438 calories in 44 minutes today. This was my third time doing it, I found it a bit confusing at first but keep trying the steps, today I felt like I was getting somewhere, oh I am 66 so my routines to begin with are low impact and the slowest music I can find, one I get the steps down I will try faster choices. I am doing single songs until I am more comfortable with the routines. Does anyone know how to track the calories burned in the exercise portion of myfittnesspal?

i made my own catagory, zumba wii. there is something on the game that tells you how long youve worked and how many calories, so i just customize it myself.
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    it seems everybody got it for xmas:laugh: its so easy to burn calories. if i dont have a lot of time, i do individual songs in between things, and they are 3-4 minutes, great exercise if you have a 3 year old who has the attention span of a gnat. :bigsmile:
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out the calories. I did 4 songs and it said I only burned 64 calories and technique was nothing and so forth. ????
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I would quite honestly ignore everything it says about calorie burn. Without it measuring your heart rate, there is literally NO way for it to know how many calories you've burned. It's going off of some VERY rough estimates. I have and enjoy the first Zumba fitness game, but never for a minute would I believe that something that doesn't know your weight or your heart rate could have the first clue what your calories burned were.
  • TiffanyConrad
    Options
    I have the Zumba Exhilerate that I ordered off of QVC and LOVE it...lost 15lbs already... Im also doing EA Active that we got for Christmas.... cant wait to get the Zumba for the Wii!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would quite honestly ignore everything it says about calorie burn. Without it measuring your heart rate, there is literally NO way for it to know how many calories you've burned. It's going off of some VERY rough estimates. I have and enjoy the first Zumba fitness game, but never for a minute would I believe that something that doesn't know your weight or your heart rate could have the first clue what your calories burned were.

This is so true... I have the Zumba 2 for wii and I love it as well, however I use a heart rate monitor and go by that, it is somewhat close to the real calories burned, but not every time, so I would really suggest a heart rate monitor for more accuracy on the calories burned...
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I asked Santa for this for Christmas and he didn't bring it!

DD-22 got Just Dance 3 though...

I have some Christmas $ to spend and DH will soon be back to work (can't do it with him in the house or while he's sleeping -- on vacation) I think I will treat myself to this.

I used to love going to classes -- I have the toning sticks!

Hmmmmm..
  • vanessa194
    vanessa194 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out the calories. I did 4 songs and it said I only burned 64 calories and technique was nothing and so forth. ????
    check your belt batteries and sensor ..
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

The belt has batteries? I thought it just held the remote.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great. Is it on the kinect too?

Kinect has a zumba game but I am not sure if it is equivalent to the wii.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

The belt has batteries? I thought it just held the remote.

I was just thinking this myself.
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great. Is it on the kinect too?

Kinect has a zumba game but I am not sure if it is equivalent to the wii.

The kinect does have zumba but they don't have the zumba fitness 2. I did find out they do have a Zumba Fitness Rush though that will be coming out on February 29th and it sounds pretty good so far!