Best Protein Powder

Options
13»

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I love Naturade total soy, but I've also just tried the Body Fortress from Wal Mart. It's really good, and it has a lot of protein (26 g per 140 calorie scoop).
  • MichelleCastillo13
    Options
    Try Nutrishop or GNC for any of their WHEY protein powders. They will even have a women's formula. Personally I use Nutrishop "PRO 7" protein and I love the taste...it mixes very well in a smoothie or even in coffee :)
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk - chocolate flavor. Mix with milk.
    Lean Body - vanilla ice cream. Mix with water. high calorie though 330cals but its 40g protein
  • wagners_gym
    wagners_gym Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lean1 by Nutrition 53. It has lots of fruits and veggies in there and you can't even taste them.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% Whey! $46 on amazon for a 5lb tub and free shipping. I currently have the Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Malt flavors. Protein powder has to taste good to me because I just don't care enough to choke down something gross. Both of these flavors are great.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am looking into buying a protein powder and have NO idea where to start. I look at the shelves at the store and am so overwhelmed!
    I want a vanilla flavored powder that I can incorporate into smoothies and a chocolate flavored one that I can drink alone so the chocolate will have to taste great.
    I was going to buy the Biggest Loser brand powder but I did a search on here and that brand didn't get such great reviews. HELP!!

EnergyFirst - for so many reasons.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I have this in the vanilla and LOVE it!!!! haven't tried the chocolate yet...but I'm trying to up my protein and this has helped tremendously!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i really like the jay robb whey protein i have been taking. it's expensive but has such a great taste. i have the chocolate and going to get the pina colada next. i have heard that about optimum but not ready to make the switch yet.

I recently switched from muscle milk light to Jay Robb Whey Protein as well...it's all natural and tastes fantastic. 110 cals, 25g protein, 1g carb, 0g sugar, 0g cholestrol, 0g fat. It is sweetened wtih Stevia. I still can't believe how good it tastes. I prefer the vanilla, but also like pina colada. Not crazy about chocolate, but I then haven't found a chocolate protein powder that I do like.

Ditto this and I love the Chocolate, especially with almond milk and a tbs of powdered peanut butter (PB2)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like NNW protein because it's made with Stevia and I'm allergic to any other sweetener. It taste sweet but not like it's fake and it was about $20 for 2 lbs.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've never used this Jay Robb powder that I am hearing so much about (but I might have to now). I use EAS vanilla and blend it with some frozen fruit and a little water. It's delicious IMO. And its not too expensive. I got it at Target, so its pretty easy to find too! Good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

I second this! I love Myofusion Milk Chocolate... Tastes like liquid pudding when mixed with milk!

I've heard only good things about the other flavors.. plus its cheap. It's only 20 dollars for a 2 pound tub.

^^^Cheap is the perfect word for Myo...you get better protein from a chicken leg with sugar poured over it.