ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    skinny-woman.jpg

That's not "put a bag over her face." That's "put a bag over her body."
    Yukky - way too thin.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Im not into skinny women..I like curves. Back in the 60s Marily Monroe was a size 14 to 16 with curves and meet on her bones.. She was not considered FAT.. This world today is crazy..If you have some curves and are healthy, then thats what counts..But thats MY opinion. :smile: :smile:

totally just posted a photo of her in a swim suit! she was really gorgeous!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    But honestly, why are you trying to get fit and healthy to please men? Not all men are going to find you sexy no matter what you look like. Why don't you just strive for what you think looks sexy? That will make you more confident, and not many can argue the fact that confidence=sexiness.

This ^ it's the same with guys... they don't have to be totally ripped to be attractive
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    What about Marilyn Monroe? She was a hottie, and she wasn't "skinny" by today's standards...

marilynmonroe.jpg

And, for me personally, I want to be a size 10/12, so I found a picture of a woman who was a 10. I think she's hot.

sexy-size-10-lingerie-models-katie-green-in-ultimo.jpg

It depends a lot on height. Some women would be chubby at a ten (I was still a big chubby at a ten, but almost there) But yes, both of these women are striking.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Not... She needs to eat a pizza or four.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options

And, for me personally, I want to be a size 10/12, so I found a picture of a woman who was a 10. I think she's hot.

sexy-size-10-lingerie-models-katie-green-in-ultimo.jpg

It depends a lot on height. Some women would be chubby at a ten (I was still a big chubby at a ten, but almost there) But yes, both of these women are striking.

And yes... She is totally hot. Fit, curvy, very beautiful.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    But honestly, why are you trying to get fit and healthy to please men? Not all men are going to find you sexy no matter what you look like. Why don't you just strive for what you think looks sexy? That will make you more confident, and not many can argue the fact that confidence=sexiness.

This ^ it's the same with guys... they don't have to be totally ripped to be attractive

thank god.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    women want to be skinny to impress women. they also wear prada to impress women.
    if we asked men, we would all have huge boobs and *kitten* and walk around naked.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Im not into skinny women..I like curves. Back in the 60s Marily Monroe was a size 14 to 16 with curves and meet on her bones.. She was not considered FAT.. This world today is crazy..If you have some curves and are healthy, then thats what counts..But thats MY opinion. :smile: :smile:

But, with vanity sizing Marilyn's 14 of yesterday may be a 6-8 of today.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You're about perfect.

Not that that, in any way, answers your question.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

It is actually false that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 to 16, American or UK sizing... I found her measurements from her dress maker a while back:

Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches 167-8 cm's
    Weight: 118-140 pounds (53-63kg)
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

Marilyn was small with a very curvy figure( the higher measurements were much later in her career).

I know that it really doesn't matter, as everyone is different and as plenty of other people have stated, you should strive for what you find attractive. In saying that, it is always good to look for things for motivation, and most women will compare themselves to others (hence why I have Marilyn's measurements handy lol).

Personally, i think that it is about how you carry yourself, more then your shape. I know a lot of guys that love curves, that doesn't mean they aren't going to find a size 6 (Australian size) attractive, and same goes for the other way around!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Clearly the people who seem to think Marilyn was a large woman have never actually looked at her. I've seen several of her movies and she was often dressed in very form-fitting costumes. She was TINY. Not bony and anorexic, but hardly what we today think of as a 14-16. MAYBE she would be a 2 in today's sizing.

Just watch the Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend number from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and you'll see what I mean. And keep in mind the camera does add weight.

I met Jessica Simpson back in her Newlywed days. You think she was small on camera? Ha! Take 20 pounds off her frame and that was her in real life.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    miranda-kerr-blue-bikini.jpg
    http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/11/23-End of Month/miranda-kerr-blue-bikini.jpg

Personally, I find this, (except with a tad more tone) to be very beautiful.
    I'm curious now though: do the guys (and I suppose girls) here think Miranda is unattractively thin^?

She needs to put on about 20lbs in my opinion. Pretty face, but way too skinny.