Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches

Options
13»

Replies

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Magic pop! It is like a freshly made rice cake... only way better. Generally they are sold at healthfood type grocery stores and are made in store. Hate regular rice cakes but love these.

Magic pop is way better then rice cakes. They are the size of a tortilla shell and only 15 calories. Hy-vee (I don't know where you live but they are popular in the Midwest) only has cheddar and onion though so I don't think I would put pb&j on them.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Yeah there was a Hyvee in nebraska, but now I'm in gtmo bay, cuba so I'm not so close to them any more.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I first heard about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I thought WT!!!!! Who on earth would put jelly on sandwiches?

Then I found out that what Americans call jelly we Aussies call jam.....Last year I tried PB and Jam and wondered what all the fuss was about......

HAHAHA hilarious, I'm sure that did sound odd. I do love non-American's reactions to peanut butter and jelly (and peanut butter and banana) as well. We all have our quirks. In Belgium they put canned peaches on tuna salad sandwiches (and it's good).
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Better bread

this. lay off the wonder bread

Exactly. A good quality bread.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My husband puts it on celery sticks. Technically not a sandwich more of a pb&j boat. :laugh:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Better bread

^^ this^^

You don't have to put it on icky white squishy bread.........use some WHOLE GRAINS, and it will make all the difference :glasses: :glasses:
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel or Alvarado Street Bread.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love pb&j on saltine crackers! Yummy!

This! And graham crackers too!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Ok, so now I am seriously craving a PB sandwich.:grumble:
    Me too. Except I'm stuck at work with no pb&j sandwich making supplies. :cry:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    PB&J on squishy fake white bread grosses me out.

Give me some dark, nutty wheat bread, and I'm a happy camper. :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I like that you all assume I've been using wonder bread. I'm just not a huge fan of bread in general-now crackers, and rice cakes, that sounds better.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I get great bread from a specialty shop as there's not a single bread at the grocery store that I find appealing. I put reduced fat peanut butter and no sugar jam on (as in today's snack diary as a matter of fact!) and you should see how perfectly it matches the carb/fat/protien requirements!

I also love PB and banana with raisins in a whole wheat tortilla... YUM!

Sometimes I just have PB&J on little rice crackers too... Super thin and crunchy goodness.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    honey maid graham crackers!!!! yummy :-)
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How about a waffle instead or maybe an english muffin
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    PB&J on Caramel Corn flavored rice cakes- DEEEE-LISH! My daughter is Gluten intloerant and gluten free bread is totally gross so I send her to scholl with PB&J on rice cakes and she (and I ) loves them.
    I tried just peanut butter on a Caramel Corn flavored rice cake today out of curiosity and I have to agree with you. It was delish:happy:. Next time I will have to add the jam.