Tingling toes on the elliptical?

Options
124»

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happens to me too!
    I think its because I put to much pressure on the balls of my feet when I use it instead of evenly distributing my weight
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that said it's from pushing from the ball of your foot. I used to get this really bad every time I used the elliptical but now I make a conscious effort to push with the heel. When I forget and push with the balls of my feet it always starts happening again. I wonder if those that said it happens on one machine and not others, I would guess that the settings are slightly different and the incline is higher on one therefore you have to push more with your heel. Just my thoughts of course. Good Luck!
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have had this issue myself, actually terrible last night but I loosened my shoestrings this morning and it definately helped!
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    Are you pushing your feet towards the front of the peddle when your doing it? It goes away after you get use to the machine.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    That tingling is crazy....I put my weight on my heels and it didn't tingle as much. I'm going to try loosening the laces on my shoes tomorrow...thanks for the tips! Every little bit helps!
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Yep I get it, I take a 30 second break every 15 minutes to get my feeling back, funny I thought I was the only one there are a bunch of us.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I changed shoes & haven't had a problem since!