Almost Naked?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I wear as little as possible when I workk out because I sweat a lot and get very hot and want to be as comfortable as possible. I'll assume others feel the same and dress accordingly and as long as I'm not looking at wobbly bits best left to the bedroom, I don't care.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Question for gym goers...I'm quite modest at the gym, in fact, I almost always wear long sleeves. I like the additional heat retention, and don't really need to compare delts with the guy next to me. My question is this: How do you feel about the guys who wear almost nothing - i.e. skimpy muscle shirts? How about the women that wear the bun huggers and almost non-existent tanks? And I'm not only referring to the very fit people...it seems so many people that aren't close to in shape like to wear this stuff!!! Good with it or disgusted?

Those tankinis some of them wear is hilarious!!! they Remind me of my Express camis lol
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    i may make an inappropriate comment or two to my friends, but really... it's up to them what they wear...none of my business... If I don't like it, I don't look!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    When I go to the gym I typically wear a sleeveless shirt and shorts. Many times the shirt is Under Armour (i.e. tight fitting). That's about as "skimpy" as I will go. My gym actually has a rule against wearing tank tops which I'll admit I appreciate. I'm all for being comfortable and unrestricted while lifting but there are limits to how much should be shown in the gym or anywhere else for that matter. That said, if someone who is on the larger side wears something that maybe doesn't look great, I really couldn't care less. It's a gym. It's not about how you look while you're working out (let's face it most of us look pretty ugly when we're working out if we're actually going with any intensity) so I'd rather people wear what makes them comfortable.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I workout at home-boy shorts and a tight tank it's comfortable and that's all I care about. At the gym-I would never expose myself that way. It is not appropriate, unless of course I was looking for attention and not to sweat!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    ^^ with that said, there is a lady at our gym who we have nicknamed "Spandex Lady"... She is quite hilarious... and I would hate it if she stopped wearing her Spandex... It's too funny! And we enjoy our inside joke... Call me mean.. or kiss my *kitten*.. whateva
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    I wear loose yoga type pants and a tank top. I can't stand to be over warm when exercising so normal t shirts or long sleeves are not for me. I would never wear shorts or tight pants though until I am smaller. This is pretty much what most people wear at my gym.
    It doesn't really bother me what others wear as long as there is not *kitten* cheeks hanging out of shorts that's not a good look!

Funny thing is, that's exactly what prompted this post! A youngish early 20's couple came to work out yesterday together. He did his fair share of posing by the mirror in his scant shirt (did I mention he was doughy and not in very good shape). But better was his girlfriend who had pink bun huggers on, with a very "cheesy" *kitten* cheek hanging out both sides... Wow.
  • FitForeverAgain
    i try not to judge what other people are doing/wearing at the gym. im just focused on my next set.

C'mon! I'm one of the most intense focused people at the gym - nobody is so focused they don't see some of the junk hanging out that shouldn't be hanging out!!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    As long as they don't have a picture taken and use it as their profile pic, cause showing skin in profile pics is frowned upon.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    I workout both at home and in the gym at work. My standard "uniform" is a pair of long black yoga pants and a vneck UnderArmour tshirt over a sports bra... Thankfully, probably because it's a work environment, I haven't had to see anything inappropriate. I don't really care what people wear for the most part as long as everything is covered properly... But if things were hanging out or visible, it might make me quite uncomfortable!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 380 Member
    I try not to judge.... Not gonna lie if someone is wearing something little and skimpy in shape or not I am gonna get a good laugh in because you're there to work out not for a beauty contest. Around where I live I have seen females wear pretty redic. stuff... Booty shorts and sports bras and make-up.... I am however kinder to people. I cover up as much as possible I am there for me not anyone else.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    I wear Nike gym trousers and a loose t-shirt. Some people dress appropriate to the gym a place to work out, others seem more interested in trying to attract attention from the opposite sex and show off. I don't appreciate the latter.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    Question for gym goers...I'm quite modest at the gym, in fact, I almost always wear long sleeves. I like the additional heat retention, and don't really need to compare delts with the guy next to me. My question is this: How do you feel about the guys who wear almost nothing - i.e. skimpy muscle shirts? How about the women that wear the bun huggers and almost non-existent tanks? And I'm not only referring to the very fit people...it seems so many people that aren't close to in shape like to wear this stuff!!! Good with it or disgusted?

you know why this is especially for women, it's because whenever i shop anywhere for fitness clothes like adidas, nike, reebok so on and so forth, all of the clothing is skimpy. I can not find modest gym clothes, and if i am wrong then plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz someone enlighten me.

I'm muslim and i wear a headscarf, so i am not able to wear sleevless or even really tight clothing for that matter. i have shopped and shopped and modesty is something sports companies do not care about.

I do not just want to wear a reg long sleeve shirt and reg jogging pants...it's just not fair!!!!!:sad:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Each to their own, if they are comfortable to wear loose or tight stuff, its up to them, it doesn't detract from my training.

Atleast they are working out, its all about their health.

I wear bun huggers, cause it doesnt appeal to me to do body attack or body combat (high intensity cardio) with looser bottoms with the possibility of them falling down.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    this is one of the reasons I only exercise at home. the day I could see a dude's twig & berries while he was lifting across the room from me was a bit much. would have been different if he was stacked, but sadly he was like 60 & saggy....

oh, and the gal who's age I could never figure out due to her over tanned leather hide that walked around naked in the locker room was a bit of a turn off too

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    To each his own. I really don't care what anybody wears only care what I'm wearing. Other than that if you've got it, flaunt it but do be appropriate. Also, if someone looks ridiculous I do roll my eyes a bit and entertain myself cause it becomes interesting and amusing to me.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    I don't really care what people wear, unless they really look like a hot mess.. then the fashionista in me wants to go running up to them and be like WTF.. did you look in a mirror?! ( Case in point, Trainer that wears shorts and calf high socks, Lady in flip flops while in the weight area, and a guy that works out in his boxer shorts!)

When I first started going to the gym, I had very few workout clothes.. and what I did have was baggy sweats, oversized tee's etc. Now that I've lost a good chunk of my weight, I'm starting to wear the more fitted tights and tees because I want to show off how hard I worked.. but you will never ever catch me in just a sports bra, running around the gym.. even tank tops are a stretch. I like having sleeves :)

I actually had to workout in flip-flops once and to be honest, no one gave me the "wow, REALLY?" look. There was one day I had to drive to the other side of town to get my hair "did" and my stylist was running 45 minutes behind - well because he's fabulous i decided to wait! There is a gym right across the street, so instead of reading magazines for 45 minutes, I decided to go knock out my strength training for the day. I supersetted back and triceps and was finished in time for my hair appt!

Don't get me wrong, I know I looked pretty silly in a pink hoodie, black yoga pants, lifting gloves and sparkly silver flip-flops (i was getting a massage and pedi that day too!) But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    When I go running (on the beach) there are men and women who pretty much wear nothing or are covered up from head to toe. I don't pay attention to that. I'm not near my goal but on a pretty decent day (running outside or working out indoors) I wear long tights or yoga pants and a tank...but that's just me.. I'm still covered up.

But I don't care what others wear because who knows what someone may think of me....
  • FitForeverAgain

Those tankinis some of them wear is hilarious!!! they Remind me of my Express camis lol

Yes, just like my Express Cami's. Whatever the hell that is!!! Girl thing?
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    I wear one of those tight body hugging tops because it feels comfortable to me. However this thread has made me think maybe I should'nt!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    I'm muslim and i wear a headscarf, so i am not able to wear sleevless or even really tight clothing for that matter. i have shopped and shopped and modesty is something sports companies do not care about.

I do not just want to wear a reg long sleeve shirt and reg jogging pants...it's just not fair!!!!!:sad:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am not sure where you are from (havent checked your profil) nike and i think addidas go quite a few skirpis [sp?] or skort with long legs (sorry I cant remember the exact name).
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    I am happy to see people working on getting in shape especially if they are out of shape.
    when I see someone very large wearing barley anything I must say how brave they are and I admire them for that. I still dress modestly and I am at my goal weight now.

Just keep going to the gym and I don't care what you wear or how you look like, if I don't want to see it I just won't look I promise :flowerforyou:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member

A tight spaghetti strap tank top...haha but then I am guessing you have no clue what a spaghetti strap is?
  • FitForeverAgain

If more people looked like you and didn't wear clothes in the gym, I would definetly go more often!

Thursday mid-day ego boost... Many thanks. But, I'm one of those guys that likes to wear my hat low, long sleeves and usually pants or loose shorts!!! I like to keep people wondering - and it makes me smile even more at the guys who flex in the mirror!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    I couldn't care less what people wear to the gym. They should be comfortable. Granted, I don't mind the occasional glance at the ripped body parts there.
  • FitForeverAgain

A tight spaghetti strap tank top...haha but then I am guessing you have no clue what a spaghetti strap is?

Hey now, JM222 - I don't lack that much fashion sense! I assume just a thin strap, i.e. resembling spaghetti?
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member

I am not sure where you are from (havent checked your profil) nike and i think addidas go quite a few skirpis [sp?] or skort with long legs (sorry I cant remember the exact name).

i live in MI / thanks, i will look into this... but i have scoured the internet high and low with no luck... i'll try harder
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I got all excited when I saw this title....... what a letdown!

No.... I wear shorts and a t shirt. maybe a tank top if I am feeling adventurous....... I got too much going on for anyone to see it flopping around on a treadmill.
  • My normal gym outfit is a racer back workout tank with the built in bra and yoga pants (love my Danskin gear). I like to keep all the important stuff covered, but I like that the tank tops help hold my tummy in some. I don't like seeing people with things hanging out of their clothes, like the girl at my gym in the hot pants so short that her butt cheeks are showing. Or the guys that cut the entire sides out of their shirts to show off their abs and obliques. My thought process is "what would my grandmother say about this outfit?" and if she would have a fit over it, I leave it at home! Just do everyone a favor and cover up the things that should be covered and I don't have a problem with it.
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    I'm sure someone has prolly said the same thing but didn't want to read 3 pages of post........How you dress and clothes you wear can adjust your attitude so if you need to wear whatever it is to motivate yourself and feel good about yourself at the gym thats what you should wear whatever it is.
This discussion has been closed.