Almost Naked?

13»

Replies

• leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    at the gym? how about walking down the street. oh wow your "man" is wearing a coat and you have on booty shorts in 30 below degree weather
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I'm not really fussed how people want to dress at the gym. I've seen lots of guys walk around in those tops you mention, sometimes walking about topless. I've seen guys in jeans and sweatshirts. There's also this girl who comes there occasionally not wearing very much.

All of this I have no issue with. It's when the pro bodybuilder guys completely strip off, right down to just underwear and stand there in front of the mirror, flexing and admiring their muscles - I don't know where to look. Especially when they were doing this about a week ago right by the ladies toilets so as soon as I came out I had that x 3 in my way!! I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, it is a bodybuilders/powerlifters type gym and I'm sure they don't have huge mirrors and people handy to take pictures of their pumped up muscles at home. I just don't know where to put my eyes :/
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    I usually don't care what people are wearing, but sometimes a woman will walk in with a very non-supportive shelf bra, that really hurts my ta-tas to see her running on the treadmill and her ta-tas bouncing every direction....and once in awhile I will see a camel toe....

There is also a girl that looks like Snooki (from Jersey Shore) that comes in....some very interesting people to say the least.
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    I feel to each his own. I don't mind having my tummy out it helps motivate me when I see fat there that I need to work harder to get rid of. But I usually go with shorts and a cut up tee or under armor heat gear or Nike dri-fit, whatever is comfy.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Honestly, I expect to see some of this at the gym. It's like going to a public pool. I can expect bathing suits. Gyms have a 'dress code' and staff to enforce those 'rules'. I don't have to worry about it. So I don't. Nothing scares me and I am not easily offended so I am not even paying attention.

And if people want to wear something that is unbecoming and look foolish.... 'have at it'. One day someone is going to capture them in a picture and they will 'repent' of their ways.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    My primary concern is when big guys wear skimpy shirts and it makes them more "drippy". Since most guys in a weight room are complete a-holes when it comes to cleaning up after themselves, it makes my job a lot harder and the workout environment much grosser for the poor person who has to follow.

As far as what shows, you are just going to see all kinds--I don't really care. Either extreme--whether it's the guy or gal wearing skimpy stuff trying to show off or the dopey guy who is dressed like the Unabomber in full sweats(and hood pulled up) because he thinks he is going to lose more weight--looks pretty silly.
  • smiverz
    smiverz Posts: 40 Member
    seeing a fit women in the gym is nice to see but it slows my sets down too much lol!! if i had it my way i would have the gym to my self every time i use it. all the equipment with no distractions = perfect
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    as long as it's not smelly .. or they are not smelly.
    In summer some people smell stinky.. I actually have to move to another work out equipment.
    It does not bother me whatever they wear are fine. IT's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
    Good hygene is more important to me.
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Try the outlets in bircH run
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    i try not to judge what other people are doing/wearing at the gym. im just focused on my next set.

C'mon! I'm one of the most intense focused people at the gym - nobody is so focused they don't see some of the junk hanging out that shouldn't be hanging out!!!

i just dont pay much attention to the other people there. unless youre in my way. Plus, i have really bad short term memory so if im not thinking about what set im on, i'll forget. haha
This discussion has been closed.