What's a good salad dressing with low calorie?

Options

Replies

• midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    GARLIC EXPRESSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazeballs and only 55 calories per tablespoon.
    Sold at Whole Foods and Central Market.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! i just used it tonight to roast my chicken breasts!
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to use Hidden Valley Ranch fat free until my dr suggested to go with Paul Newman's dressing. He said that because the profits go to charity they can afford to use the best ingredients. He suggested a balsamic vinegarette or one with olive oil but I wound up using the family italian recipe light. LOVE IT
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    There's a spray dressing (I think it's Wishbone) that is delicious. It's 1 calorie per spray and it comes in Italian, Ranch, Basalmic, and Raspberry flavors.
  • Fruit_Girl
    Fruit_Girl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't have a problem with sugar free dressings...and found some great ones at Hannaford with zero calories! I think the brand is 3 Gyros, but I'm not sure.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That sounds awsome, going to try that for sure!
  • minannan
    minannan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings too - Just finished off a bottle of it today :)
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Bolthouse farms has many flavors like ranch, bleu cheese, caesar, raspberry merlot, mango etc. and start at 20 cals per Tbls. They are kind of expensive but have no sugar and have natural ingredients. It's nice for a change of pace.

I have become addicted to their new yogurt based dressings!

Love these! The ranch is my favorite.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    lemon juice!
    Greek yogurt and dill.
    Evoo and vinegar
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oodlesnoodles
    oodlesnoodles Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If I have to have bottled dressing I use Marie's yogurt dressing, but that is not too often. I usually make my own with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and this Sicilian herb blend shaker/grinder I picked up at a local market. Delish - and no sugar!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I make my own with apple cider vinegar, splenda to taste and then add mrs dash (whatever one you want) and it is no calorie, no fat, no carb, and no sodium. I usually use table blend or the mexican spice one......very delicious!!
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE kraft's light Raspberry Vinegarette. Also, the salsa idea is a good one.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I just use plain ole Balsamic Vinegar! But reading some of these posts, I'll try something different now :) THANKS
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    maple farm fat free honey mustard is the only FF or lite dressing i can handle but great suggestions on here that i need to try. 35 cal.
    my DH makes a Greek dressing w/ lots of garlic, lemon juice and a little olive oil...

Walden Farms makes me gag
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love Fit and Active light ranch it is 80 cal. for 2 tbs. I have also had people tell me they love maple groves and a lot of their dressings are 45 cal for 2 tbs. Haven't tried maple groves yet but I plan on it.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I just use balsamic vinegar. If you put a sliced orange or apple on your salad, it sweetens it up.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I use balsamic vinegar or salsa.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    For store bought I love Maple Grove Balsamic. My friend also really likes their Raspberry.

Next week I plan on picking up a couple of the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt varieties. The Blue Cheese is only 35 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    lemon juice!
    Greek yogurt and dill.
    Evoo and vinegar

^^ if you mix them all together with a little salt and some chopped cucumber, you have an amazing homemade tzatziki sauce mmmmmm