What's a good salad dressing with low calorie?

Options

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ken's are the best tasting to me that I have found.

I don't like anything that has a strong vinegar taste. :(
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    maple farm fat free honey mustard is the only FF or lite dressing i can handle but great suggestions on here that i need to try. 35 cal.
    my DH makes a Greek dressing w/ lots of garlic, lemon juice and a little olive oil...

Walden Farms makes me gag
    I knew it...it did take me awhile to get used to it...but ill take it over wasted calories...there are some good ideas on here though..but alot i.have not seen at the store..might have.to look harder.for when i wamt to give myself a treat.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like to stick to the basics, a little evoo, some balsamic vinegar, and whatever spices/seasonings I'm feeling at the moment. That way I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.
    Agree completely. My favorite is EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar. To change things up we also have a bottle of Balsamic Reduction (think thicker and sweeter). EVOO and Rice Wine vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice is also really good.

Same for me or red wine vinegar.

I also like this dressing - Garlic Expressions: http://garlic-expressions.com/

I can only find it at Fresh Market here in NC which isn't convenient to me, so I order it online.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try this-I swear it's good-chopped cilantro, lime juice, a little salt...as a salad dressing..

that sounds fantastic! I mix a little tomato juice, lemon, salt and pepper but the above sounds really good. I love cilantro and lime. Gonna try tomorrow.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    you can make your own or one I do often is the fit and active light ranch if you have a aldi's in your area they have a full fit & active line which is amazing just make sure whatever dressing you get doesn't have high fructose corn syrup
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I love mixing a little red wine vinegar and EVOO.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I prefer sour to sweet dressings. My standby basic dressing is: EV Olive Oil, lemon juice, crushed fresh garlic clove, salt & pepper. If you like it creamier add plain greek yogurt or a little mayo. And if you want zero cals, just lemon juice, salt & pepper.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lo calorie dressings are okay -- I think what you heard is that low fat dressings will often contain xtra carbohydrate because they have to put in some sort of filler ot make up for the fat, but it really only makes a difference if you're watching or getting too much CHO!
  • doramouse
    Options
    I don't love vinaigrettes - I like them but I love the creamy stuff. I will often do a small amount of real ranch and then use salsa for the rest. That's my compromise.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I will often eat a 1/2 grapefruit (or give it to one of my kids) and use the juice as dressing. It's delicious. :)
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I like fat free thousand island.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Try this-I swear it's good-chopped cilantro, lime juice, a little salt...as a salad dressing..

yummmmmmm i will try that
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ok, so now how much of each ingredient do you use in making a oil and vinegar dressing????
  • LoraMora
    LoraMora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Salsa.....I use it on every kind of salad....even on chicken cesar salad "No dressing & salsa on the side, please!"
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I know Im gonna get it, but I use Waldon Farms...I hate wasting calories on dressing! Its got nothing but sodium...no calories..gluten...sugar...fat...carbs...they have lots of flavors...i like honey mustard and raspberry..ranch is good for dipping veggies...the taste is ok to start with..but I got used to it.:ohwell:

I bought the honey mustard yesterday and tried it today and I was really disappointed after what I spent on it. I'm just going to stick with Kraft, Wishbone, and Maple Grove Farms (fat free varieties, really low cal) in the future, they might not be calorie-free but they are low enough to make me happy plus tastier and cheaper.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My new thing is lemon juice. Just lemon juice. So yummy on salads :)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Balsamic red vinegar with a dash of olive oil
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you can't beat emril's vinaigrette. i found it at the grocery store once and never again. i have to order it online.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's fat free Balsamic. Absolutely delicious!!!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    white vinegar+any sugar free jelly