SO FED UP

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed that it's always the people who have something that they are insecure about that overcompensate? Maybe he's just a closet case who would love to be as fit as you, but rather than welcoming some input on how to get there, he'd just more comfortable trying to knock you down. Don't worry, though, because here we think that strong chicks are cool...:glasses:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everything...
    You are a totally cool person, you are smart and most of us have hobbies...Of course this loser guy wouldn't know that. I mean, bangin drunk women isn't really a hobby... not an intelligent one...but I think we have already established his level of intelligence already.

I would mention his... lack of work ethics...I mean, as a manager it'd be good to share with the boss. Also, his complete lack of tact. Man, he said somethin like that to me... I'd rip his nuts off and make'm wear like a bow on on his head...but I have temper issues.:wink:

BWAHAHA :laugh: Yea, lets see him play solitaire with his testicles glued to his forehead :laugh:

I am definitely telling either his boss or the district manager. He and my new boss are buddy-buddy. My new boss is only 24 and doesn't seem to understand workplace manners either. During our first store meeting he said something inappropriate about a certain race of women and told everyone why the previous manager was fired, which you are NOT supposed to do. He is new as a manager. Before he was just a manager in training under the store manager of the guy from last night. That manager has been with the company 10 years and we get along great.

Thanks everyone for being so kind. It's great to have a support group. Plus we are all like-minded people who understand and appreciate this way of life. I love you guys! :smooched::heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with that too at times. Mostly catty comments like "Ohhh Tami's here, she makes me feel like I can't eat!" (insinuating that I starved myself instead of worked hard to lose the weight I did) Or "I don't want to sit next to Tami in a photo. I will be the "fat friend"

Nope, it's not fun, but I just started to ignore it and realize that if people want to be ignorant and mean, that is on them. I can be a good person and in the end have the last laugh when I am living a longer, healthier and happier life. If assuming I starve makes them feel better then there is nothing I can do about that. I know the truth and I know I ate well and exercised well! I treated my body RIGHT and it rewarded me. Too many people aren't willing to put forth the effort to get the same results so instead they get mean out of jealousy!

Don't let them get to you. You are far from boring and are living a lifestyle that I am sure many people admire. Just keep your head up and know what you are doing is RIGHT and you too will have the last laugh!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just had the WORST night at work.

I had to work at the other store tonight because my boss got fired and we needed to cover some shifts. I worked with this 20 y.o. guy who I've never met before. When I came in I introduced myself, shook his hand, etc. He was playing solitaire at the cash register. :huh:

As the night proceeded he found out that I exercise a lot and eat healthy. Well, my way of life must REALLY offend him, because he would NOT SHUT UP. Kept telling me I was boring, I was a loser, I need to live life, etc, and I am a MANAGER. Not only that, I'm a HUMAN BEING.

Where in the he** does he get off thinking he can treat ANYONE like that?!?!!? Why do people have such an issue with those of us who make healthy life choices??!?!? Is there a problem with the fact that I choose NOT to get wasted on the weekends and have anonymous sex with random frat guys?!?!!?!?!

HE ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY WHICH REALLY TICKS ME OFF.

Tomorrow I'm going to inform both his manager and mine of how inappropriately he acted. But it still doesn't make me feel better. I'm tired of being called boring! I have hobbies! I love to read and write, rock climb, hike, lift, watch Simon Pegg movies....I MEAN COME ON. I am more interesting than some random drunk chick!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I didnt read all the posts, sorry. But I do have a comment to make.

When I was young, like 18 yrs old, I became a bartender. After a couple of year of drunks and qualude heads, I decided this life was not for me and quit.

All my friends were in the bar business. I didnt want to go out at 3 am and drink until 7 am, crash....get up at 4 pm to eat an eggroll because that was all my stomach could handle, then go to work to set up the bar and start all over again.

I lost all my friends.

No big deal.

Some of them are ok now........but most did not go on the lead a very good life, some are dead some in jail. Others still addicted to the lifestyle.

We all make choices. PPL may express negative opinions of you, but they are usually because they wish they were more like you!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have dealt with that too at times. Mostly catty comments like "Ohhh Tami's here, she makes me feel like I can't eat!" (insinuating that I starved myself instead of worked hard to lose the weight I did) Or "I don't want to sit next to Tami in a photo. I will be the "fat friend"

Nope, it's not fun, but I just started to ignore it and realize that if people want to be ignorant and mean, that is on them. I can be a good person and in the end have the last laugh when I am living a longer, healthier and happier life. If assuming I starve makes them feel better then there is nothing I can do about that. I know the truth and I know I ate well and exercised well! I treated my body RIGHT and it rewarded me. Too many people aren't willing to put forth the effort to get the same results so instead they get mean out of jealousy!

Don't let them get to you. You are far from boring and are living a lifestyle that I am sure many people admire. Just keep your head up and know what you are doing is RIGHT and you too will have the last laugh!

-Tami

Tami they are jealous cuz your HOT!:love:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

-Tami

YES I get the starvation comments too! Even if I'm just like, "I'm sort of hungry, I'm going to eat soon." It's 'Stop starving yourself'.....um, I eat upwards of 1800 calories a day, sometimes 2k. We all get hungry at some point. :huh: And AWTY is right, you are hot! :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I had to work at the other store tonight because my boss got fired and we needed to cover some shifts. I worked with this 20 y.o. guy who I've never met before. When I came in I introduced myself, shook his hand, etc. He was playing solitaire at the cash register. :huh:

As the night proceeded he found out that I exercise a lot and eat healthy. Well, my way of life must REALLY offend him, because he would NOT SHUT UP. Kept telling me I was boring, I was a loser, I need to live life, etc, and I am a MANAGER. Not only that, I'm a HUMAN BEING.

Where in the he** does he get off thinking he can treat ANYONE like that?!?!!? Why do people have such an issue with those of us who make healthy life choices??!?!? Is there a problem with the fact that I choose NOT to get wasted on the weekends and have anonymous sex with random frat guys?!?!!?!?!

Tomorrow I'm going to inform both his manager and mine of how inappropriately he acted. But it still doesn't make me feel better. I'm tired of being called boring! I have hobbies! I love to read and write, rock climb, hike, lift, watch Simon Pegg movies....I MEAN COME ON. I am more interesting than some random drunk chick!!!!

When I was young, like 18 yrs old, I became a bartender. After a couple of year of drunks and qualude heads, I decided this life was not for me and quit.

All my friends were in the bar business. I didnt want to go out at 3 am and drink until 7 am, crash....get up at 4 pm to eat an eggroll because that was all my stomach could handle, then go to work to set up the bar and start all over again.

I lost all my friends.

No big deal.

Some of them are ok now........but most did not go on the lead a very good life, some are dead some in jail. Others still addicted to the lifestyle.

We all make choices. PPL may express negative opinions of you, but they are usually because they wish they were more like you!!

I'm glad you got out of there. No one should have to deal with drunkards all night, they can be some of the worst! You really did your body and mind a favor in leaving. And now you are here with us being healthy and happy and supportive. :flowerforyou: I know adults that are still like highschoolers, and it's really sad. They aren't happy...most of them are disillusioned, can't form healthy relationships, just unsatisfied with life. It's sad.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I lost all my friends.

No big deal.

I'm glad you got out of there. No one should have to deal with drunkards all night, they can be some of the worst! You really did your body and mind a favor in leaving. And now you are here with us being healthy and happy and supportive. :flowerforyou: I know adults that are still like highschoolers, and it's really sad. They aren't happy...most of them are disillusioned, can't form healthy relationships, just unsatisfied with life. It's sad.

True, I just thought of that story when you said the guy is around your age. Seems if you dont drink and dance on the bar in your 20s your boring or a loser. I find your thirst for knowledge and intelligence anythiing but boring my dear! I wanted you to know that isnt the 47 yr old me talking, but the 21 year old who wishes she GOT IT like you did!

You are one of my heros!!:smooched:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

-Tami

YES I get the starvation comments too! Even if I'm just like, "I'm sort of hungry, I'm going to eat soon." It's 'Stop starving yourself'.....um, I eat upwards of 1800 calories a day, sometimes 2k. We all get hungry at some point. :huh: And AWTY is right, you are hot! :wink:
    That is so funny!! Do they realize that hunger is normal???? Even people that eat plenty will feel hunger when their body is letting them know it needs something! :laugh:

The problem is there are too many ignorant people out there. Kind of scary! :huh:

And thanks!! :blushing: To be called HOT by you two hotties is a huge compliment!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

-Tami

That is so funny!! Do they realize that hunger is normal???? Even people that eat plenty will feel hunger when their body is letting them know it needs something! :laugh:

The problem is there are too many ignorant people out there. Kind of scary! :huh:

And thanks!! :blushing: To be called HOT by you two hotties is a huge compliment!! :wink: :flowerforyou:

SO we AGREE!! We are 3 hotties from 3 different generations and that stupid 'boy' is just jealous!!!:bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, hang on, I'm a little slow (though as a 41 year old male, I am an adult :smile: )

You're the manager, he's the cashier. He was insubordinate, disrespectful and abusive, and he didn't do his work?

Honey, this is simple, especially right now. Write him up 3 times and fire him. Duh,,,

This is not being catty or vengeful or a witch, this is doing your job. An employee who abuses coworkers, wastes time and doesn't take care of customers is incompetent by definition. He needs to do something else, and you need an employee who will treat people decently and do his/her job.

Besides, in today's economy you can hire 3 more in 15 minutes. Right now no manager has to put up with dead wood.

Ciao babe, keep us posted.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    SB, that little turd makes me very angry (I'm a little overprotective of my friends and fam.).
    I grew up on the "wrong" side of the tracks and learned how to fight pretty young. And although I kinda got away from that life, I haven't forgotten it.

That being said, want me to take care of him for you? Nice and quiet like? C'mon, pleaaaase? I would so enjoy it! A couple of gut shot's with a roll of dimes in my fist would probably take him down a peg or three very nicely, and no evidence too! :devil:

JK I wouldn't do that any more (well, I mean, I would if it was my wife, no question, but otherwise probably not).

Of course, just hearing him say these things should make you feel good. You must know that he is only saying them cuz he lacks the drive, or motivation to do them himself and this is his way to insulate himself from that reality.

When my "friends" start poking fun at me for my change in lifestyle, It's hard sometimes (harder cuz they are friends I guess). But I usually end up smiling cuz I KNOW they want to be doing what I am but just don't have the drive to do it!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

-Tami

Tami they are jealous cuz your HOT!:love:

Ditto on that! I get ----when are you going to stop already? UM....when I get to where I want to be.... Jealousy comes into play BIG TIME. I have given out this website so many times I've lost count. I can give out the info on how to improve yourself, but it's up to them to act on the advice.
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Song you rock. Don't let some little punk get under your skin, he's totally not worth your time. The last thing that little buttmunch deserves is for him to undermine your confidence because it makes *him* feel better about himself.

You look amazing, and are WAY far from being boring. Boring to me is playing solitaire for 5 hours and attempting to fluff up my obvious inferiority complex by attempting to tear down someone else. I agree with Jo-Jo, next time flex up and tell him that when you are bored you like to stick annoying little punks in vice like headlocks until you rupture their eyeballs.

That should shut him up.

:wink: :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who called people buttmunches!!! He definitely fits under that category. Please keep us posted on what happens to him... I really do hope he gets his butt reamed for what he put ya through.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Buttmunch. How picturesque! :laugh:

So, SB, I have two thoughts for you. First my favorite quote by good ole Uncle Albert Einstein: ""Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

Second thought - feel free to give him my number. I do drug and alcohol counseling and if all he does is sit around and get wasted on weekends, pretty soon, it will be during the week too, then he WILL lose his job if he doesn't already. :wink:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Did I mention most of my clients are court ordered? Yeah, with the job loss usually comes involvement of a negative kind with law enforcement. He's on a slippery slope.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who called people buttmunches!!! He definitely fits under that category. Please keep us posted on what happens to him... I really do hope he gets his butt reamed for what he put ya through.
    I call hubbz a buttmunch all the time!:laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    And I thought it was just something the weirdo's in my family did!!!:laugh: :laugh: For us, though, it's usually a term or endearment!!!
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hehehe :bigsmile: