SO FED UP

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, hang on, I'm a little slow (though as a 41 year old male, I am an adult :smile: )

You're the manager, he's the cashier. He was insubordinate, disrespectful and abusive, and he didn't do his work?

Honey, this is simple, especially right now. Write him up 3 times and fire him. Duh,,,

This is not being catty or vengeful or a witch, this is doing your job. An employee who abuses coworkers, wastes time and doesn't take care of customers is incompetent by definition. He needs to do something else, and you need an employee who will treat people decently and do his/her job.

Besides, in today's economy you can hire 3 more in 15 minutes. Right now no manager has to put up with dead wood.

Ciao babe, keep us posted.

Ugh, I WISH I could write him up. But I'm just an assistant manager, and not technically employed at his store. The head manager has to write him up, and he's in Alabama right now. I'm calling him tonight though and letting him know that if there isn't a swift and painful punishment ordered, its going higher than the DM.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    SB, that little turd makes me very angry (I'm a little overprotective of my friends and fam.).
    I grew up on the "wrong" side of the tracks and learned how to fight pretty young. And although I kinda got away from that life, I haven't forgotten it.

That being said, want me to take care of him for you? Nice and quiet like? C'mon, pleaaaase? I would so enjoy it! A couple of gut shot's with a roll of dimes in my fist would probably take him down a peg or three very nicely, and no evidence too! :devil:

JK I wouldn't do that any more (well, I mean, I would if it was my wife, no question, but otherwise probably not).

Of course, just hearing him say these things should make you feel good. You must know that he is only saying them cuz he lacks the drive, or motivation to do them himself and this is his way to insulate himself from that reality.

When my "friends" start poking fun at me for my change in lifestyle, It's hard sometimes (harder cuz they are friends I guess). But I usually end up smiling cuz I KNOW they want to be doing what I am but just don't have the drive to do it!

LOL nice and quiet like....sounds like one of my mafioso uncles or something! :laugh:

stillkristi, I won't be surprised if he gets fired at some point. But there are sooo many people that live like that, and some of them are other managers. :grumble:

My old manager wasn't great with paperwork and organizational stuff, but she was a really good person and really good at managing people. I really miss her. :frown:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Okay, I just got off the phone with his boss. He apologized profusely and said he's going to talk to him because he agrees that it was totally inappropriate. One of my friends at that store says he acts like that ALL THE TIME. :noway: How the heck does this scum-sucking amoeba of a kid have a job, and there are hundreds of older, more mature, and well-qualified people out there that have been laid off and can't find a job? I told his manager I'm going to the DM as well and he said he respects my decision and I should do whatever I see fit. I told him I don't think this guy needs to be employed with our company anymore.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just got off the phone with his boss. He apologized profusely and said he's going to talk to him because he agrees that it was totally inappropriate. One of my friends at that store says he acts like that ALL THE TIME. :noway: How the heck does this scum-sucking amoeba of a kid have a job, and there are hundreds of older, more mature, and well-qualified people out there that have been laid off and can't find a job? I told his manager I'm going to the DM as well and he said he respects my decision and I should do whatever I see fit. I told him I don't think this guy needs to be employed with our company anymore.

good for you...one thing is he acts like that all the time which means it was not personal to you...so...you can ignore the dumb cluck....hopefully he will learn before someone takes him down and he ends up with a damaged face
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

good for you...one thing is he acts like that all the time which means it was not personal to you...so...you can ignore the dumb cluck....hopefully he will learn before someone takes him down and he ends up with a damaged face

Well apparently he wants to call and apologize to me and he feels really bad.

But that's not going to grant him any mercy if I see him in the street. :devil: :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

But that's not going to grant him any mercy if I see him in the street. :devil: :laugh:

MissResa was right...he wants your number..LOL
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

MissResa was right...he wants your number..LOL

LOL it was all just a clever plot!

The apology wasn't the groveling I would've liked, but he still called himself an idiot several times, which was nice to hear. He did say "I didn't think you were taking me seriously," which was annoying...you don't have to be serious to be offensive! :explode: He's just a dumb young kid who hasn't had a job before and doesn't understand what's appropriate. I told him if he ever gets a real job, to keep this in mind, or he won't have it very long. I really have to wonder how he was raised to think it's okay to act like that?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    My sister faces idiots like that in the military!!! She's a weapons instructor, as well as a military police officer, but she looks like a pretty-faced girly-girl. It's really deceptive, though, and she has shocked the crap out of people by chewing them out. She is so much tougher than she looks, and she doesn't take crap from anyone. I love hearing stories about the abuse she has to dish out when some of the meat heads she encounters get a little fresh with her... And the majority of them do try to get her number!

I'm really glad that you took care of business with this guy. There are too many people who would have just kept their mouth shut and wouldn't have tried to go through the proper channels. If there were more people who stuck up for themselves like you, there would be less people like him. He wouldn't have opened his big mouth, at the least.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    My sister faces idiots like that in the military!!! She's a weapons instructor, as well as a military police officer, but she looks like a pretty-faced girly-girl. It's really deceptive, though, and she has shocked the crap out of people by chewing them out. She is so much tougher than she looks, and she doesn't take crap from anyone. I love hearing stories about the abuse she has to dish out when some of the meat heads she encounters get a little fresh with her... And the majority of them do try to get her number!

I'm really glad that you took care of business with this guy. There are too many people who would have just kept their mouth shut and wouldn't have tried to go through the proper channels. If there were more people who stuck up for themselves like you, there would be less people like him. He wouldn't have opened his big mouth, at the least.

Go MissResa's sister! :drinker:

My best friend is just like me--into clean eating, way into exercising, no drinking, no junk food (okay I eat more junk than he does lol)--and when I told him about this guy, he said "People like him exist to make people like us stand out." So I guess we should all be glad that terrible people are out there, because it makes us appreciate the nice ones. :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Go MissResa's sister! :drinker:

My best friend is just like me--into clean eating, way into exercising, no drinking, no junk food (okay I eat more junk than he does lol)--and when I told him about this guy, he said "People like him exist to make people like us stand out." So I guess we should all be glad that terrible people are out there, because it makes us appreciate the nice ones. :flowerforyou:

they walk among us
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Yea, and they reproduce apparently. :grumble:
  • johnblake
    Options
    HAY I'm still waiting on those digits
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    HAY I'm still waiting on those digits

So you can call me for 5 hours to tell me how great I am to make up for him? :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • johnblake
    Options
    baby it won't take me 5 hours after about 30 min I'll have you begging for more:laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    baby it won't take me 5 hours after about 30 min I'll have you begging for more:laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad:

LOL well why cut it to 30 minutes if you have 5 spare hours? :tongue:
  • johnblake
    Options
    is this including dinner a movie and maybe a nap
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Another nap fan??? I am ADDICTED to naps. They are like chocolate chips in the dough of the day. :happy:

Okay, dinner and a movie and being lavished with complements, sounds good to me! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Naps are great! Especially when you are pregnant!! :wink: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I bet! I haven't been there personally but my mom and stepmom both were, and I was there for all of that LOL
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    lavishing complements, ok let me get on the right track.
    do you like big buff smokin hot body or tight slim smokin hot body?