Who's this Fitness_Chick

Options
I imagine that has a few people's attention!!! :laugh:

FC I have enjoyed your support of others, your thoughtfull subjects and responses and most importantly the motivation that you have given me through my knowlege of your successes. That knowlege will be with me because I have been here for a while.

I noticed that you have changed your ticker to just 75lbs to loose. For those of us who have followed your success I think it is awesome that you have made that change. For the Newbies who join when they see that ticker they may not give you the respect or your responses the respect that they deserve because they will not realize how much you have lost in total. Perhaps you could add a second ticker showing your total weight loss from the beginning?

Once again thank-you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options

FC I have enjoyed your support of others, your thoughtfull subjects and responses and most importantly the motivation that you have given me through my knowlege of your successes. That knowlege will be with me because I have been here for a while.

I noticed that you have changed your ticker to just 75lbs to loose. For those of us who have followed your success I think it is awesome that you have made that change. For the Newbies who join when they see that ticker they may not give you the respect or your responses the respect that they deserve because they will not realize how much you have lost in total. Perhaps you could add a second ticker showing your total weight loss from the beginning?

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I would like to second everything you said. :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I third that!:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I 4th that!:flowerforyou:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    5th:bigsmile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    6th! :):flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!!

I feel I owe you a debt of gratitude each and every day. As I have told you before FC, you are truly an inspiration and special person.

Thank you for everything.

Memaw
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!!

I feel I owe you a debt of gratitude each and every day. As I have told you before FC, you are truly an inspiration and special person.

Memaw

like the tat
  • Lo153
    Lo153 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!!
    FC is an inspiration and always has thoughtful and insightful responses. We are all lucky to have her :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Ah what nice things you've said Ce-fit... I changed it for a couple reasons...one of the main ones is I was receivnig some very negative, very unkind :cry: remarks on having weighed so much in the first place, then some ppl were asking if I was bogus and only came on this site to show off my weightloss and if I had made it up:noway: , ah why would anyone join a fitness site if they weren't serious about it? Those comments had me bewildered big time....:frown: .

I could never see myself saying such cruel things to folks that are on a sight like this, we all work so hard whether we have 9 lbs. to lose or 300lbs...there's simply no place for cruelty here on MFP, I don't think anyone of us deserves that... I cheer folks on because I'm proud of them for working hard toward their goals.:drinker: :bigsmile:

So I changed it:blushing: ...and backed off the boards a bit hoping maybe that would save me the some of the negative attention... :ohwell:

I didn't really do it for ME though:ohwell: , I began to think about it and realized I had done it for the thoughtless, which was not the right reason at all:blushing: ..so after reading all of your kind remarks...all of you that posted I might just change it back:wink::laugh: .Or add another one like you suggested. :wink:

I am PROUD of all my hard work (and that was something I was always able to say) and was so hurt by all the remarks lately still has me a bit sad & perplexed that it would occur on a fitness site of all places.:ohwell:

Oh well:bigsmile: it's in the past now in my mind after reading you guys' posts here, so time to move on from here you all sure helped me with that!!!.
    :drinker: :tongue:

We're all on a tough journey and some days we might just not be thinking before we speak it can happen to all of us, guess as always we should give others the benefit of the doubt!:flowerforyou:

You all simply made me night!:cry::flowerforyou: :heart:
    :heart: Thank YOU:heart:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Ditto!!!

Memaw

like the tat
    thanks Max that was sweet of you to say to My Sweet Friend:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You know we could always make ourselves a special FC ticker :blushing: considering all the nice sparkly things you always leave for others.....then when people message us and ask us who you are we can simply say....the person many of us look up to ...:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I would like to second everything you said. :drinker:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    You know we could always make ourselves a special FC ticker :blushing: considering all the nice sparkly things you always leave for others.....then when people message us and ask us who you are we can simply say....the person many of us look up to ...:drinker:
    WOW....what a very kind thing to say... hm..:tongue::flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Totally agree!!
    FC is an inspiration and always has thoughtful and insightful responses. We are all lucky to have her :heart:
    Oh man, you all are gonna make me cry happy tears!:cry::drinker: :tongue:
    thanks for that sweet comment, probably will never know how much I needed this right now:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I third that!:flowerforyou: :smile:
    :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Ditto!!!

Memaw
    Thanks Memaw..you always write the most kind PM's and always have the sweetest things to say
    You're a Dear:smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    5th:bigsmile:
    :tongue: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    6th! :):flowerforyou:
    :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? People were saying WHAT??!!@$^%(# :explode:

I am sooooooo sorry. I hope someone reported those posts. Seriously, there is no place here for that kind of stuff. As I have said many times before, you are my hero. I came to this site needing to lose 266 lbs. I have been just sick at the thought of embarking on that kind of a journey. I KNOW it will take a long time and a lot of work. Then, I came to this site and one of the first things I saw was your comments in so many places - thoughtful, wise, supportive and wonderful. THEN, I noticed the ticker with 233 lbs lost. WOW. I was and am so encouraged by that. As I have said before, you are my hero! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.