*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in January *

Options
*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in January Challenge *

This month I got a load of email to start off this months (thanks! really really appreciate that), so here is our new thread for January!

*** Who are we and what do we report ?

We are runners who need to stay motivated and accountable in January. We started in September of 2011.

We update our mileage at least once a week, it includes both running and cross training (e.g., elliptical workouts) mileage. The cross training needs to be cardiovascularly equivalent to running (i.e., walking does not count - but there are other threads that include walking - feel free to join here for running and there to account for your walking).

Any runner can join - it would be great if you could have a goal of 50 miles and above so that this month is extra challenging and fun. You can do it!

*** Checking-in/Joining:

To join, simply report your (1) goal mileage, and (2) total mileage to date either in :

plain text form, or
via a ticker from tickerfactory.

Here is a how thread describing how to set up and update your ticker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Where to post:

In this (A) thread or in the (B) group checkin threads here:
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/430726--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-january

*** When and Frequency:

We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on spread sheet). So it would be good to get updates
- at least once weekly on or before Sunday.

Feel free to update us more because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - and your updates help us keep inspired too.

*** Need a weekly reminder:

If you want a Sunday reminder via email, please send me your email account in a message and I will send you an automatic update weekly (:

*** Need a break/rest/or are injured:

Please post (or email me) your updates if you would like to continue being in the group. We want you to stay, but not push too hard if you need to recover!

*** Spreadsheet:

We will check point your progress within this thread, and with a spreadsheet snapshot below (this spread sheet will change/refresh as the month progresses):

*** Runners' Team Challenge Group:

We also got a group - it is a bit easier to tally milage from there, but it seems like most of us likes a big thread in the main forum for updates and progress - so we are doing both! [both places will be checked when updating the spread sheet].

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month

*** Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

2012-Jan-Check.PNG[/url]
2012-Jan-Trophy.PNG[/url]

Replies

• manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    Can I join again please?

I'd like to try and aim for 55 miles this month
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Can I join again please?

I'd like to try and aim for 55 miles this month

Of-course we :heart: to have you again!!!!! :glasses:
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    I'll join, if I may! 100 miles, please :)
  • cheri23
    cheri23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I had a low goal last month (25miles) and was able to complete it. I want to up it this month but I'm not sure by how much. I guess I'll go for 35 this month. I want to make my way up to 100!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Yay! KEShikes! is in and cheri23 too!!! :bigsmile:
  • delta90017
    Options
    Goal is 50 for January
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this challenge before but I would like to join? I'm training for a mini in May.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just 50 for me.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the challenge... put me down for 100 miles in January!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    GREAT!!! Everyone should be on the spreadsheet, you may need to do a refresh so that your browser shows the latest spreadsheet!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in again and going to start at 50 miles and again try and work my goal up each month. thanks for doing this...again! :)
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Glad you are back!!! We can do this!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join and aim for 50+ please? Looking forward to it!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this. I may start with a small mileage for now. Since August I have dealt with a really severe knee pain when I ran like 5 miles+ in a day....now it's gotten to where I can't run consecutive days and not even two miles. I have an appointment with a PT on Jan 4th!!! I really want to be able to run a half marathon in April so hopefully my knee isn't too screwed up.

Can I wait til my appointment to see what is suggested prior to giving a mileage?? I really would love to have this group to motivate me when I can get back into routinely running!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options

exercise.png

OK, good to go!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am in again!

This month I am aiming for 100 miles....

I have 1/2 marathon in April to get ready for.....
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am just starting back to running so I want to keep a low goal....36 miles this month.
  • mmissymouse
    mmissymouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    May I join, I signed up for a 5K this month and need a runners team ☺ My goal is set for 50 miles. Thats reaching a bit, but thats the idea.
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :happy: :tongue: :glasses:
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I'd like to shoot for 75 miles. should work out as long as I keep the routine all month and don't get distracted with other stuff

exercise.png