*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in January *

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm on the board - 3 miles today

exercise.png

(love the new ticker, running in the snow in shorts and tank top, but she is almost as pale as I am)
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.39 miles today

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wohooo what a great start everyone!!!

I have a rest day today, I despise rest days! And since I am recovering (my achilles) I am definitely resting today, otherwise I would probably do an easy run. BUT tomorrow I am on again! IT will be freezing tomorrow, literally speaking, ugh. I am planning on using my new hot pink compression leg sleeves. I used them for the first time on the race last Sunday and they definitely helped, I am very happy having them.

@farmerclan, my preference is to count only running or jogging miles, since we are a running group.. hope that is OK.

@Zoekat05, I added you in - if you hit refresh you should see yourself listed. You got an impressive mileage so far. Glad that you are joining us!!! Welcome!!! :smile: There are a few here who are training for marathons and another few for halfs. I am going for a half, but I may try a full in November next year depending on my legs (achilles & heel), so not sure. It may be too far for me :blushing: but I would love to try at least. :heart:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    My ticker, I went for a horse this time, since a horse has fur (and can run) :happy:

exercise.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    My ticker, I went for a horse this time, since a horse has fur (and can run) :happy:

exercise.png

Now that's smart thinking. I also like Carlton's dog, it works too.
  • Cooriander
    Options

exercise.png

Now that's smart thinking. I also like Carlton's dog, it works too.

I did consider the dog :) it was close call! ON a completely different topic - we are considering getting a dog in the Spring, I grew up with dogs (even trained dog for dog shows and she did great) and Spring would give us the whole summer to train the dog! Love having a dog! Right now we have two cats... but I am more of a dog person.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    4 today woot, 5 total so far this week.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 1.8 miles running + 1.65 miles on the elliptical, for a total of 3.45 miles so far.

Started out lazy this month, hope to get back to it now!
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    10k, very happy with my pace today :smile:

exercise.png
  • strawberryicee
    Options
    I ran 3.5 miles today!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    3.1 miles today

exercise.png
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

@farmerclan, my preference is to count only running or jogging miles, since we are a running group.. hope that is OK.

Definitely! That's kind of the direction I was headed, but wanted to check. I will fix my ticker and make sure to only post running miles. This gives me more incentive to keep those legs moving when they want to quit! :tongue:
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I did consider the dog :) it was close call! ON a completely different topic - we are considering getting a dog in the Spring, I grew up with dogs (even trained dog for dog shows and she did great) and Spring would give us the whole summer to train the dog! Love having a dog! Right now we have two cats... but I am more of a dog person.

Go for it. Nothing better than having a dog around (or 3 :happy: ) Don't forget pics when you do.

I was scheduled for 5 miles today, 1 mile warm up, 3 miles at race pace, 1 mile cooldown. I woke up to heavy snow. The roads still aren't cleared, forget about the sidewalks, so I took it inside instead of rescheduling. I am getting better, made it 4.5 miles on the treadmill tonight, thank to some wedding shows. So I got in my race pace, just cut the cooldown short. I did walk the rest.

exercise.png
  • Sloth_Jog
    Options
    Wimped out at the prospect of running this morning in 17 degrees, snuck out at lunchtime to run at a 'balmy' 28 degrees. And yes, I mean Farenheit - I know some of you all live in very harsh winter country...I admit that I'm a wimp!

Mileage January 4th: 5 miles.
    Mileage so far (January): 10 miles.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    How do I get in on this?
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If not too late.... Put me down for 100 miles for January.

So far..i've run:

Jan 2nd- 6.2 miles
    Jan 3rd- 6.2 miles
    Jan 4th- 6.2 miles
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    January so far:

1/1 - 10.1 miles
    1/3 - 6.4 miles
    1/4 - 8.1 miles
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Loving the warmer weather this week. Runs are in the 60's and even Sat am run was above freezing this week. I'm sure this too will change, so enjoying it while it lasts.
    Mon 1/2 4mi
    Tue 1/3 3mi
    Wed 1/4 6.3mi

exercise.png
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    January so far:

1/1 - 10.1 miles
    1/3 - 6.4 miles
    1/4 - 8.1 miles

Total for the month so far: 24.6

Edited to add total for the month to date. Couldn't figure out how to edit my original post.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I will update ticker when i get home later, but I am up to 15 miles this week, and need to get in another 10 the next couple days to keep on track for 100 in January. yesterday my right foot was sore, which has never happened so I am taking today off and get back to it tomorrow.