*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in January *

Options

Replies

• hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would love to join for the month of February.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Added 3 miles to today. That puts me at 36.62 miles for the month. I know that I am going to fall short of my 50 mile goal for the month since I haven't ran in 10 days, but I am still proud of myself for making it this far!

exercise.png
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    2.25 today which ends the month for me (tomorrow is a rest day)

here's my ticker

exercise.png
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.68 miles today

exercise.png
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    3 last miles tonight for a January total of 57.75. Tomorrow is TENNIS.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    utes09:

Sooooooooo apparently I don't read well. Hahaha I noticed you said no walking can count. My milage has been based on how far I've gone total during my interval PT requirements. That includes running, walking, running, walking, etc. Is this ok??? If he has me still doing the same formula next month (I go back Feb 3) I can put a higher number in. It will be too difficult for me to keep track of how far is just running.

Please don't kick me outta the group:flowerforyou:

Don't worry (: you are still in. :laugh: We prefer running, but if it is hard to account for only running, just go ahead and count the way that is the easiest... :flowerforyou:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Still waiting to hear from a few... here is the spreadsheet so far for week 4! Congrats to everyone for making it this far!! and to the folks who made it to their goal already!!!

A more detailed congratulatory note coming up - later on today - want to wait and see if more mileage reports are coming in!!!

2012-Jan-Check.PNG
    2012-Jan-Trophy.PNG
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Here is my finish, will shoot again next month if possible. Thank you for all of your work putting this together.

Ken
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I finished the month off with 10.25 miles for a total of 125.25:)! Hit my goal after even being sick a few days last week.

exercise.png
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    4 miles yesterday. Taking the day off today, so I'll finish the month with 158.
  • gorunjogger
    Options
    16 miles this week to close out January at 156 total! Thank you so much for organizing! Great job everybody!
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

exercise.png

showoff :wink: jk
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Only 2 miles for today...5 for the week... total for the month 38.62..short a little over 10 miles this month, but I'm okay with that. I'll just work harder for February since it's a shorter month anyway!

exercise.png
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Managed to make my 3.4 mile lunch yesterday and today for a total of 6.8 since last check in and 78.7 for the month.

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :smile: :happy:

Yea me! I went over my mileage and that is with starting the month sick! 114.5 miles for January! Bring on February!

exercise.png
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who made it this far!!!! and to everyone who is finished already YAY! I will update the spreadsheet later on today for the week and then again Wednesday for the month! January is almost done!!!

I am going to post another thread for February - feel slightly guilty doing that since I am behind this month! BUT I will kick it up a notch in February - hope everyone! will join me :tongue: stay tuned for the fitness thread - or sing up for the group - I will post a link here in this thread and in the group! :glasses:

Thank YOU!!!!! for organizing all of this...I know it takes up your time...you are fantastic! :drinker: :happy:
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    CaptainCranky said:

Did the half marathon today my time was 2:04:05, almost made the two hour mark. total miles for the week 19.9 for a total of 61.7 for the month.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wanx8TA/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]

CONGRATS on the half!!! that is very exciting, and you kept a great pace too! My goal is to be close to the 2 hour mark -so you about your time. I initially was thinking about doing one in March, but now I am thinking May. CONGRATS!! again, super excited for you!

I found the hardest thing about going from a 5k to half marathon was learning when and how to eat. The first time I tried to go a long distance I didn't bring anything to eat and started to fade after about an hour of running. Now I drink a gator aid or something at around 4 miles and again at 8. Runner’s world will send info on training if you give them your email. I didn’t really follow it all the way, I just did 3.4 miles 3 times a week at lunch. On the weekends I started increasing miles about 10% each time until I reached 10 miles. Once I reached 10 miles I started alternating one weekend I would run 1 hour the next I would run two hours. The 1 hour runs were about 6 miles and the two hour runs started getting a little over 12. I’ll probably keep this routine up, it works well for me. I will be doing the virtual half marathon on March 17 and two other s this year. Maybe next year I might do a full marathon.
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

exercise.png

finished at 87.....13 short of the goal....hoping to make it up in Feb
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    my ticker somehow got erased so please add 17 miles for yesterday and today.

Thanks