How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    $40/mo and that includes two of something (my gym offers spin classes, tanning, etc.) so i got spin and the exercise classes so i can take yoga, body pump, etc.)
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    $47 a month for me and my husband. Includes everything (pool, jacuzzi, sauna, weight room, all equipment and classes) plus I can go to any one of the gyms I feel like going to
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We were going to join Planet Fitness, primarily for the treadmill use, but it was cheaper to buy a good used treadmill to use at home. I also wasn't interested in joining year round, just the winter months when I can't get outside to run/bike. But, you have to sign a one year contract.
  • LetsGetIt76
    Options
    YMCA $38/mo for a family community-wide membership - on a financial scholarship. My church has a gym too that is about $80/6mo for non-members. They have a indoor walking track on the second level which is free to whoever wants to use it. May want to look into some local church wellness centers...
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    30/month with no pool and pretty crappy equipment >< Makes me so made, but at least I can get the job done =/ I wish it had a pool though
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    $45 a month for me + hubby at the YMCA.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I pay $55/mth for myself, husband, & 2 kids @ Sport & Health club (discounted through my job). We also have access to about 10 other area Sport & Health clubs.

All included: Cardio/weight machines of course, kid care (that sold us and we can work out together w/o interruptions), indoor basketball court, indoor and outdoor pools, classes (spin/zumba/body pump/cardio kick boxing etc.).
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    20.00 a month, includes use of any facility and towel service. Free classes as well.....:bigsmile:
  • kimber915
    kimber915 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness...$10.00 a month, $20.00 a month if you want unlimited tanning, massage chair, ability to go to other Planet Fitness gyms in other states, among other benefits...worth it for my husband and me both
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Costco offers a 2 year deal for 24 hr fitness. 320 bux. I think it comes down to less than $13.50 a month! no fees with full access any location!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I paid a one time fee of $85 to start up which included the first month, after that I will pay $12 a month! But mines a small gym no pool or spa and no running track, It works for me because I only use the eliptical, bike and treadmill and ocassionally the weights. Before I was with 24hour i think it was 75 to start and 35 a month for gym, pool, and classes. Good Luck :-)
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use Planet Fitness also for $20/month.......they also have a $10/month membership. I LOVE it!! I go all the time!! :)
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness is 29.00 a month. The initiation fee was waived because I paid for a full year up front. It has a pool, sauna, hot tub, tons of cardio and weight equipment and all classes are included in the price. Sadly, we are moving in May and there isn't one near the town we're moving to but they do have a 24-hour Fitness that I'll check out after we're settled in.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    $60/mo for both my husband and I. NO start up fees and we pay month to month, no contracts.
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I pay $20. per month for my membership to Planet Fitness. It includes, a personal trainer, tanning, red light therapy, weights and cardio. You can go as often as you like and also bring a guest for free each time. No track but I just use the treadmill. But for $10. per month you can just use the gym.
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but a few of the arenas in my area have a walking/running track that is free for anyone to use whenever the arena is open.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    20/month Planet Fitness Black Card membership. Being a traveler (Truck driver mon-fri and traveling Yacht repair on weekends) it's nice, because the Black Card membership lets me use any Planet location Nationwide, 24 hr access m-f , Unlimited tanning, massage chairs, and at my home gym, 1 guest free anytime all the time. Very pleased with this deal!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I pay $21/month. It has a pool, sauna, jacuzzi, tons of cardio/ weight equipment and group exercise classes such as zumba, spin, cardio, kickboxing (at no additional charge).
  • smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    Options
    $9 dollars a month at Fitness 19. Just a basic gym. No pool, track, or locker rooms just a changing room.

Same for me in Buffalo, NY!!
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    $99.00 A year for Planet Fitness and I get reimbursed from my insurance company. (up to $150 yr) Love it!