How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I think it depends on where you live and the competition. We belong to the local YMCA because it is a community organization and gives discounted rates to those who can't afford it. I'm okay with spending $82 (for a family) a month, because I know that the organization gives back to my community. It includes two weight rooms, all classes (including spinning and boot camp). There is also a pool or maybe two - but I don't use them.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I pay $55 for a single membership. My gym also offers childcare, but I forget the additional cost for that. The fee covers all things offered at the gym in regards to equipment, pools, classes. Sometimes they have additional classes that run like kettlebell, battling ropes, bootcamps, etc and those are a little extra at times.

I didn't have to pay an enrollment fee since they were running a special. I have a 1 year contract. Mine is a mom and pop gym, not a chain. I'm in NC.
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    $37.23 at Curves. It is nothing "fancy" but it is wonderful to only be around women while working out. I just love the circuit!!!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I pay $31 a month but my gym has just been bought out by a large chain that charges 50-75 a month...YUCK!

NEVER pay an enrollment fee. They always have 0 enrollment sales and if they won't give that to you then tell them to call you during their next free enrollement special.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i go to the ymca and because my husband does not use that gym he has one at work i get the single parent membership so my kids can go to the daycare. i was paying 60 a month then i found out i can file for financial aid (everyone gets some sort of discount they said) and now i only pay 27 a month, I have a friend who gets to pay only 40 a year it all based on your money you make and how much family you have and stuff. my gym has a pool sauna weights cardio room spin room, child care, a gymnasium. I can travel to any of the 3 near my house and i can go to any in CT MA and RI too
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I pay $15 month to month for a basic gym (cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights).
  • Footpower
    Options
    10 bucks a month...Planet Fitness.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I pay $9.99 a month and my gym is open 24hours...
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    $30/month for LA Fitness. Has a pool, racquetball courts and classes are free. I also belong to local community center for some different classes and use of their pool. That averages out to cost about $6/visit.
  • cdbravo
    cdbravo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I also have LA Fitness. I pay 31 dollars a month with no sign up fee.
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I currently pay the equivalent of US$130 per month, but I go to a gym and a spin studio as well.... when I used to have a trainer it was $370 per month. Life in the tropics gets expensive but it's a worthwhile investment for my health!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    $19.99 a month at Gold's .. I think they advertise starting rate at 40-50 but often they have weeks where you can get referred by members and get their rate! (that's how I got mine.)
  • ajourney2far
    ajourney2far Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The gym where I was going closed. I live very rurally so the closes one to me is about 20 miles (40 round trip). After work I'm too tired to make the drive. My hubby's insurance will pay for him to got to the gym and he won't join - he's retired and has all day! Today I asked him to get a membership so we could ride together in the evenings. It's not going to happen though. I really miss working out - and my body shows the difference.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Anytime fitness: $42.00 a month. I had to pay $40 one time fee for a key chip (nation wide). I can go 24/7 holidays,weekends. All classes free except spin is $5. No pool or tanning

Where's this? I'm with Anytime in Western Australia and I pay $48 p/m (and that was a special opening deal) and classes are extra!
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    I got a corporate membership through my DF's work
    we paid $200 joining fee (would have only been $100 but I wanted access to the women's only gym)
    and $10 a week
    it gives me 4 free crèche visits a month, free parking, free locker and hand towel every visit, free solarium (that i've never used) access to the all the pools in the aquatic centre and the spa and sauna, the huge 2 levelled male/female gym and classes there, the women's only gym and classes there 6 weekly check ins with a PT breakfast bar
    there's also about 6-8 other locations around the city i live in that i can go to (but I never have)
  • mammafrog
    Options
    I paid $39 enrollment $10 card (for after hours) and I pay $21.50 a month. Access to 7 gyms, childcare, pool. hotub. sauna, tanning, and classes
  • amyamillia9
    Options
    I pay $70/month. This includes gym, pool and classes. It is awesome!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I pay 10 bucks a month.

I would gladly pay more for a gym with classes and a pool though!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I sent an email to the gym near me because they have an indoor track. I wanted to know how much a month to use it. All I want to use is the track during the snowy winter month because I feel that is will be dangerous to run on the roads when they are messy with snow and ice.

The lady called and said that membership is only for the whole gym.

Ok well how much a month?

It a one-time fee of $75, and then $65 a month...

I laughed and said Sorry but that is too much a month for me to just run on your track..

So to me this price even to use the whole gym seems outrageous so what do you pay a month for your membership?
    Lol, at my gym the fees for a family of 3 is about $189 a month. $50 is about average. Luckily for myself and family, gym is free. I dont' think I've paid gym fees in over 20 year now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    $19.99 a month all included even towels and a full class schedule which I utilize generally six or more times per week. Sure there are nicer, fancier gyms but im very happy where I am. So convenient to my home too. I waited to sign for a good deal although I was very eager but it was worth the short wait. My home away from home :-)