How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    My Gold's Gym is as low as $19.99/mo for all classes, pool, hot tub, sauna, all cardio equipment and weights. Love Les Mills! I joined my gym specifically because they carry all but BodyJam, and now I teach RPM!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm a Golds Gym member, paid $12 down, $34.99 a month, with classes, pools, spa, etc. Before that, went to Planet Fitness which was 24 hrs and $10 a month. I left PF, cause I moved across town.
  • kej0002
    Options
    $99/year - Planet Fitness
  • jpfrimmer
    Options
    $25/month, no contract or other fees. It includes weights, cardio, cycle room, and a TON of fitness classes! I love my gym! It's not open 24 hrs, but it is open from 5 a.m. to midnight which is plenty for me.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I pay $46 a month and it includes a large cardio room (LOTS of treadmills, ellipticals, AMT's, steppers, rowers, bikes) and a big weight room, lap pool and family pool, 6 raquetball courts, an Express room which has hydraulic machines, elliptical and punching bags for a circuit type workout, a gymnasium with baskball courts and a running track, FREE classes that include Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, Step Aerobics, Water Aerobics and a few others, the locker rooms which have steam rooms and saunas and hot tubs, and best of all CHILDWATCH! I LOOOOVE my GYM! It's the YMCA. Oh and my start up fee was $17 I think it was for their anniversary or something... and they also had a deal going on where on the 11th of each month you paid $20 or on the 20th you paid $11.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I pay nothing.

Bought a treadmill on craigslist used less than a year for $50. Have some hand weights bought at Walmart for cheap.

Love my "gym"...I don't have to go anywhere and it saves even more money on gas :)
  • califitgrl
    califitgrl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 per year for All-Sport 24 hr Fitness. It's a deal I got back in 2003 when I pre-paid for 3 years at the rate I was paying at the time of $20 per month ($720 total). Every year there after its $20. I'm mildly considering upgrading to All Super-Sport next year when they open a new facility near my job. That is if I can convince myself it will be worth paying $20 per month. Of course if I ever change plans I can never get the $20 per year deal again.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I pay $18.02 a month, not under a contract. Classes included.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I pay nothing.

Bought a treadmill on craigslist used less than a year for $50. Have some hand weights bought at Walmart for cheap.

Love my "gym"...I don't have to go anywhere and it saves even more money on gas :)
    '

I do the same thing and love that I can watch TV while I walk :)
  • JDetro22
    Options
    $20 dollars a month! I use Planet Fitness. It's just a basic gym, nothing fancy

My hubby and I use PF too! He's the one with the actual membership and I go as his "guest" which is no charge. I love going there!
  • Kim28dav
    Options
    38.50 a month
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I go to a local gym. Regular membership is $47 but I pay $22.50 and the company covers the rest. This gives me access to two very nice gyms, one with a pool, many classes, raquetball, and tennis courts.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I pay 35 for me 20 for my husband and another 30 for a group training with a personal training. So a total of $85.
  • Bandstrh
    Bandstrh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We pay about $50 per month for a family membership - it's through the city so we have the use of 4 different gyms, 4 different pools, hot tub and sauna depending on the location, walking track, and 4 different skating rinks too. It's great for the whole family!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow. You guys have a cheap membership. Mine is 112 a month. That is a sigle membership at 72, and two kids daycare for up to 2 hours a day.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    $58 a month for my husband and I. Includes all classes (Zumba) and is open 24/7.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here. I would pay more in a month what folks here are paying in a year.

I run outside and workout at home.

Pam
    Wow. You guys have a cheap membership. Mine is 112 a month. That is a sigle membership at 72, and two kids daycare for up to 2 hours a day.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I pay $33.39 a month (after the initial fee, which was like $65 or something, I forget). They give military/EMS/police (and their dependents) a 10% discount at my gym. I miss the gym I paid to go to in college, though. It was less than a 2 minute walk from my apartment door to the gym and it cost me about $275 for the year. It was a non-profit gym, though. With an indoor track and 2 studios.

My current gym is pretty small, but it's got everything you need, minus studio classes and a pool. I was going to on-post (military) gyms, but I live about 35 minutes away from the only military gym I have access to. It's way cheaper for me to go to the one I go to now, which is about 5 miles away. Oh, and it's open 24/7, which I LOVE!!!!!!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    $120 a month for both me and my husband, but he gets a deal through his work -- the rest of the folks pay like $100 a month (!!!) which seems way crazy to me!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    For the cardio room, weight room, and walking track it is about $50 for 6 months (military discount)
    But I also live about 20 miles from the gym too, so even though I have a membership I rarely go.