ANy other shorties (5'0" to 5'5") on MFP

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    There are a scary number of anorexics on this thread.

What an inappropriate and rude judgement to make!
    You do not know anything about anyone on this thread, and you certainly don't know anything about their relationships with food.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

You do not know anything about anyone on this thread, and you certainly don't know anything about their relationships with food.

It's very easy to jump down anyone's throat. The fact is, trying to become a weight that is unhealthy is.....UNHEALTHY. I will give endless support to anyone who wants to achieve health, but I won't sit back and congratulate anyone for aiming for a sub-healthy weight. It isn't what is best for them.
  • mama_to_1
    mama_to_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4'' and 166 right now. my goal weight is 125
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    5'5 is not short!
    Exactly! 5' 4" is the average height for women in the U.S., so to be considered short, you'd have to be shorter than that. :laugh:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 ft 11 inches and I'm 170 lbs. hoping to be a lot less for the Summer.

That's where I started about a year ago... It's easier than you think if you have the willpower to stick it through. I am 4'11" and weighed in at 170 in Feb of 2011 and I wore a size 14/16 jeans. Now I weigh 120ish and wear a size 4. I'd like to get down to about 110, but have decided to stick with the 120 until after feb, since I'm getting married then and found a dress I LOVE that fits me perfectly off the rack (except for length, but THAT alteration is cheap and easy) My goal NOW is to maintain through Feb and hit 110 by summer so I can rock a bikini!
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I weigh 143 and I am a size 4, I would like to be at 125/130 and remain as a size 4, but wouldn't mind being a size 2 again. I think ppl need to know that we all have different body types so its hard to really understand where ppl may be coming from if their ideal measurements don't meet what we may consider normal. Good luck to all us shorties this 2012!
  • GravitysAngel
    GravitysAngel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently about 170. I'd be happy to be down to 150, because I think that's a manageable weight for me, and with age and a slowing metabolism, I don't think I could really maintain a much lower weight. At my thinnest, I was 140, but that was a good 30 years ago!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

It's very easy to jump down anyone's throat. The fact is, trying to become a weight that is unhealthy is.....UNHEALTHY. I will give endless support to anyone who wants to achieve health, but I won't sit back and congratulate anyone for aiming for a sub-healthy weight. It isn't what is best for them.

That's totally fine! It's just that the word "anorexic" is so widely misused and it's a huge, common, and offensive mistake to label someone as anorexic based solely on their weight or goal weight. There are plenty of overweight people with EDs, and plenty of underweight people without them. Anorexia is a serious, life-engulfing, devistating disorder and it not something to be tossed around lightly. I'm not meaning to offend you at all with any of this (so don't think I'm attacking you in any way) it's just misuse of the word that as a bit of a pet peeve for me :)
  • melissammundy
    Options

I agree, I read through some of this and said what the eff. Some are shooting for weights that have a BMI under 18.5 ....... Insane. anything below 18.5 is NOT healthy. Please reevaluate your goals ladies. I am short as well.... 5'1 and i am aiming for a healthy weight of 115-125.
  • skinnymumma92
    Options
    i am 5'1" and weigh 161lbs today :'( want to be 140lbs in the next 12 weeks for my bday, and get down to 120/130 by the summer then I will be happy where I am. probably idealy want to lose slightly more but we'll see how we go eh x
  • TheLongAtlantic
    TheLongAtlantic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am 5'5" and currently 170, hoping to be 150 or 140ish would be lovely :)
    And it's really good and kind (even if we don't always do it in the best way) that people are concerned for others who are aiming for weights that may not be healthy for them. However, none of us are doctors and none of us should judge unless we know that person and what is healthy for them in particular.
    But ladies ALL of us are beautiful, exactly the way we are right now. Don't you dare let anyone tell you differently, or tell you you must be a certain weight to be attractive, especially if your instincts are telling you that you would not be healthy (or happy) at that weight. And do not think that losing this weight will make you happier. If you cannot love yourself now and be proud that you're making an effort to become healthy, you will not love yourself when all the weight is lost.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I weigh an embarrassing 156 right now. It's not pretty on me, and I need to lose it. I'd really like to lose 10lbs before the end of February - which is when I'll see my husband next. Ideally by summer I'd like to be down to 135lbs. That is a comfortable weight for me. (If I could lose more I'd love that, but I cannot remember a time when I was any less than that as an adult! Even before children!) I don't want to be in a bikini at the beach, I'd be satisfied with wearing one of those tummy sucking one pieces as long as it fits me ok :) LOL I'd love to have more MFP friends, and especially some that are short with the same sort of goals as I have. Good luck to everyone, and Happy New Year!
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and would love to get to 115lbs.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have so much more to lose than many of you. But that's fine. I intend to! Of course, I constantly trip over my yoga pants whenever I put them on. Dangit! Why is everything so long and petites so hard to find?
  • gaguihon
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and current weight is 140 but I'm lean. I hope to loose another 5 lbs and still trying to loose the left over belly fat from having 2 kids. :smile:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to be 120lbs, however when I reach it I plan on reassessing and possibly shooting for a goal of 115lbs.
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and looking to be 130 or less by December 2012. Right now I'm at 245. ):
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    4'11" currently at 125lb (gained a few back over the holidays). I would like to be between 108-112lb. I'm also hoping that I can get the idea of a goal weight out of my head and gain more muscle. I figure that if I don't lose a pound but drop down to 2 or more dress sizes I'll be happy :)

I'm always looking for friends, so feel free to add me!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I am 5' 3", and I met my goal weight of 125 (I hover around 123-125). My starting weight was 160, and it took me quite a while to lose my weight, due to some health complications. But I did it with hard work, healthy eating, a lot of exercise, and strength training! You can do it, too! :flowerforyou:
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    5'1" and currently 159. Trying to get to 130. Add me.