People who are cooking New Year's Eve's dinner at home - Wha

Options

Replies

• ciaobellakiss
    Options
    All of this food sounds amazing! For me, I'll be having mac and cheese, potato wedges, and buttered green peas and corn.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    We are doing a fondue too!

Protein packed: steak, meatballs, chicken breast, prawns, and jumbo scallops.

With a big green salad and garlic toast ... and champagne at midnight :)
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well I will be making Lobster, Salad and Baked Potatoe for my bride! I will be having Grilled Salmon, Baked Sweetpotatoe and salad! Also like I do on every New Years Day I will be having Blackeyed Peas! It's a southern Thing! Happy New Year to All! Sorry miss read title this is tomorrows menu!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We are having frozen pizza (Tombstone was on sale). Then there will be finger-type food throughout the evening. The kids wanted potato skins so I got some of those and the Smart Ones Potatoes w/cheese & broccoli for me! :laugh: We also have fresh veggies, Texas Caviar (not with canned beans!), and cheese & pepperoni tray.

Oh and the pizza was a Meal Deal at our grocery store. Buy 2 Tombstones and get cheese sticks or garlic bread, 2ltr soda, Pepperidge Farms cake, and TGI Friday frozen app (hence potato skins) for FREE!

Sparkling white grape juice is also on tap for our toast later!

Dang I need to talk a walk to burn some of this stuff off!

Tomorrow we will have a pork roast with beans. I was thinking of corned beef and cabbage but then I thought better of it. LOL
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I had cranberry meatballs cooking in the crockpot all day! YUMM

Tomorrow our traditional pork roast, black eyed peas, rice and corn bread!
  • kasandra_m24
    kasandra_m24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to work until 8pm and will be enjoying a Fettucini Alfredo w/broccoli Smart Ones meal. :) When I get home to my sweetheart, we will have a few snacks (not sure which ones, apparently it's a surprise until I get home) and toasting to a fresh year with a glass of Reisling. :) Happy New Year all!! :)
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    We just had ribeye steak, golden yukon potatoes with dill/butter, and steamed carrots/broccoli. Sooo good!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Well...here in Georgia, we have a Peas and Greens tradition. We eat black eyed peas and collards (or turnips) to "bring wealth". Yumms. My mom makes THE BEST peas and greens, so we go down to her house. Best thing about it is I can pig out and it is not really a big deal!! I LOVE me some collards w/ hot sauce. She is also cooking a ham. I am taking a home made spinach and artichoke dip (skinnified) and chocolate cake (which I DO NOT like..ick...so it won't be a temptation).

I start South Beach, phase 1, tomorrow.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Being from the south I plan on cooking a southern meal tweaked some so that the cals don't get too out of hand

Fresh collards and turnip greens cooked with a smoked turkey wing(seasoning), Purple hull peas cooked with a smoked turkey wing (seasoning) and cornbread... Not to forget the smoked turkey wings ;)

Ditto I'll be doing the same except I'll be making country pork ribs also..
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dinner time!!! (Pic) http://fb.me/1f7FKAHdd Grilled pork chop. Steamed asparagus and a whole grain roll. Butter is I can't believe it's butter spray! Happy New Year! Lee #NoExcusesLetsGo
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had friends down from mainland Australia, so I decided to treat them to a Tasmanian-centric feast using fresh produce from this lovely little island - cheeses, salmon, lamb, bush pepper, vegetables and raspberries. Oh and wines from our friends' vineyard down the road...

Starters - Platter: smoked salmon, chorizo, brie, antipasto, wasabi cheese, grape tomatoes, pickles, capers, olive dip, hommus, baby beets dip, flat bread & multigrain rice crackers. Served with Moores Hill Pinot Gris and Boags Pure.

Main - Slow cooked lamb shanks in wine, garlic, bush pepper, chicken stock, rosemary & thyme with carrots and sweet potato mash. Served with Moores Hill Pinot Noir.

Dessert - Raspberry pavlova. Pavlova covered in passionfruit creme fraiche & fresh raspberries.
    Was to be served with Moores Hill Sparkling.... however we were all so full we've saved dessert for New Years Day! :)
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bbq some beef ribs and bake potatoes on the grill outside on beautiful 70 degree weather. my bellies is happy. Happy New Year to all!!!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    We are having frozen pizza (Tombstone was on sale). Then there will be finger-type food throughout the evening. The kids wanted potato skins so I got some of those and the Smart Ones Potatoes w/cheese & broccoli for me! :laugh: We also have fresh veggies, Texas Caviar (not with canned beans!), and cheese & pepperoni tray.

Oh and the pizza was a Meal Deal at our grocery store. Buy 2 Tombstones and get cheese sticks or garlic bread, 2ltr soda, Pepperidge Farms cake, and TGI Friday frozen app (hence potato skins) for FREE!

Sparkling white grape juice is also on tap for our toast later!

Dang I need to talk a walk to burn some of this stuff off!

Tomorrow we will have a pork roast with beans. I was thinking of corned beef and cabbage but then I thought better of it. LOL

That is a good deal! We never have anything like that here! Good find :)
  • reddog101
    Options
    From an Alabama girl living in Baltimore -
    Country fried steak and gravy, collards, black eyed peas and cornbread. We don't eat like this anymore, but my husband requested the steak and gravy and cornbread as a special treat to end the year.

Yum was it good.
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We are having a three course fondue feast - cheese, court bouillon and chocolate. Back on track tomorrow morning but yum for tonight,
  • TigerlillyD
    Options
    Stir fry shrimp and asparagus on brown rice...... and a bottle of sparkly!! (cider, that is!)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    We just finished eating ours... I made

Skinny Taste Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Skinny Taste Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
    Strawberry Spinach Salad
    Filet Mignon!

All delicious.

Here is a picture
    http://tinypic.com/r/96w10n/5
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I made a special lunch for my family today: white cheesy chicken enchiladas (recipe from pinterest.com,) mashed cauliflower white beans with chives (recipe from Biggest Looser Thanksgiving special on NBC,) limeade mixed with POM lite and lime spritzer (recipe from Good Housekeeping Dec. 2011) For desert, Braums frozen yogurt (Key Lime pie flavor.)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Pork and saurkraut in the crock pot. The calories end up being 300 calories for 1 cup saurkraut and 5 oz of pork loin. It is all done in tomatoes and some brown sugar. We have this about once a month. 135 lbs lost so far
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chitterlings, bbq pig feet, pork chops, jerk chicken, buffalo chickent, roast beef, potato salad, collard greens, corn bread, black eyed peas, rice, crab cakes, pecan pie, cheesecake, carrot cake, and many cocktails...I'm going out with a bang!