Tall girls who wear heels....

Options

Replies

• Blasian29
    Options
    So I did my little victory shopping at the mall yesterday with my weight loss, and my 21 first birthday is 5 days away, and I just want to wear heels at the club! But I am 5'9'', and when I tried some stilettos on yesterday, not only was a towering over all the little girls in the store, but a girl bumped into me, and had to look way up, and she was like, whoa. I just want to know if any taller girls feel comfortable in heels, or not comfortable. Even men seem short when i wear heels, and all of my friends are less than 5'5''. I LOVE being tall, don't get me wrong, but i love heels too, but I feel like a giant monster in them haha. This is random I know, but anyone?

So I am 5'5" and I love to wear heels! I mean big, tall, stripper heels, some of my heels bump my height to almost 6ft. I have dated guys who were only 5'8" or so, and still rocked my heels. It's all about how you feel in them, girl! I say wear those heels! You love being tall and you love heels, so I can't imagine you feeling anything less than sexy when you wear them. Rock it on your bday mama!
  • lklegra
    Options
    Wear 'em!!! Im 5'7 and I have felt insecure, but sometimes I just feel like "BAM! HERE I AM!!" Try wearing em with a dress?
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If they will make you feel confident and sexy, that's truly what matters.

I never let my height deter me from wearing an amazing pair of heels. Besides, sometimes it's best to stand out. :)
  • mandana_18
    mandana_18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"1 and I wear heels on special ocassions. I have a hard time finding them since I wear size 13 wide, but I love to wear them. they make me feel sexy even thought they make me a lot taller than everyone else.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and a half... and rock 3 inch pumps.

Just call me glamazon and get outta my way before I crush you like a bug. <wink>
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and LOVE wearing heels!!!!! Over the holidays I gifted myself with a couple of fabulous pairs of four inch heels - I can't wait to wear them out and about.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Go with the heels. Nothing looks as frumpy than a tall women in a party dress in flats (I am 5 10), some dresses were just made for heels.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    im almost 5ft8 and love love heels i dont actually own a pair of flats

id say embrace your height and just think of your killer long legs you shall have nothing sexyer than long legs!!
  • RachaelJewell
    Options
    I am 6' and love shoes, i have bought a few heels and never worn any of them more than once... they look great, and i get excited about them, but you have to do what makes you comfortable, and when i am in them i feel like a monster. If you are secure with yourself and love being tall and want to rock heels, rock em! If you are uncomfortable towering over everyone, try a kitten heel or some cute sparkly ballet flats. Do what feels right!
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5' 9" but I wear 4 inch heels almost every day, and 6 in platforms on some days. I love it when I'm the tallest person in the room... LOL
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Go with the heels. Nothing looks as frumpy than a tall women in a party dress in flats (I am 5 10), some dresses were just made for heels.

I'm 5'8" and while I agree some dresses are just made for heels and wear them when the occasion arises, I do not think that tall women look frumpy in flats! I wear flats all the time, not because I don't like being tall but because I am just more comfortable, my ankles are not made for heels. There are a lot of cute boots and shoes that are flat that are adorable :flowerforyou:
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    5'9 and I wear heels (the higher, the better)! I figure I'm already taller than half of the male population, so if I'm going to wear heels, I might as well go for broke and be taller than everyone! Plus, heels make everyone's legs and booty look awesome.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm 5'0" personally, I can't give you my own experience (I love heels, though!) But I have a friend who is almost 6 feet tall and she regularly wears slammin' heels - like 3-4" at least. She is super confident and looks great.
    I have another friend who is about the same height (how does a shorty like me end up with so many tall friends? lol). She doesn't wear heels often, but she is very happily married to a guy a good 6" shorter than she is. Looks kinda odd, maybe, but they've been together for 20+ years so it works. Point - if you like the heels, wear 'em. Don't by shy of your height. Go have fun towering over all the other girls. I'm used to it, I wouldn't mind.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and love me some heels.
  • Patrisha100
    Patrisha100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and when I was younger, like your age and even into my early 40s, I wore high heels. I could be easily 6'2". I loved it! Go for it!!!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'6" which is a bit tall for a Mexican woman, I used to feel awkward around my friends since they hardly wore heels. I felt like an amazon at 5'9", I got over it. Plus I love shoe shopping, I have to wear what I buy. So rock your heels!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and a half... and rock 3 inch pumps.

Just call me glamazon and get outta my way before I crush you like a bug. <wink>

Love this :smile:
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 (not too tall but not short either) and wear heels everyday and I used to be the one who would who would only date guys 5'11+++ .

Well guess what? My boyfriend now of a year and half is 5'8 (although he says 5'9) and I hate feeling taller than him so unless we are getting really dressed up I usually wear ballet flats or flip flops (in summer) with him. He says he doesn't mind so maybe I have the problem but I hate being taller than him and feeling like an Amazon lol.

Tonight we are going out and I am wearing like 4 inch heels because I refuse to wear flats with a dress!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not tall, but at the risk of sounding like a boring old fuddy duddy, I wish there were more options in the 2-3" heel range. Everything (ok, everything sexy and that I like) is in the insanely high 5"-7" range with platforms. I shouldn't get veritgo trying on shoes! :laugh:
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I think it's fine as long as your insecurity isn't shown when you're wearing them. But you gotta admit, heels are for us shorties :) Just kidding.