January-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN TO ALL!!!

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for January 11:
    1. Walking workout--calendar. (2 mile walk)--Yes.
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices!--Yes.
    3. More liquids--water and tea.--Yes.

Goals for January 12:
    1. Walking workout--calendar. (2 mile walk) --No.
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices! --No.
    3. More liquids--water and tea. --Yes.

Early on the 12th I got the news that my mother had passed away peacefully in her sleep. She was 86 years old and raised 11 children. She has 12 grandchildren, 13 great grandchildren and 2 great, great grandchildren. She was an amazing woman and I will miss her!
    I was okay on Thursday as I had plans but yesterday was a total FAIL! I know she would not want me to give up my healthy lifestyle so I MUST get back on track.

Goals for January 14:
    1. Walking workout--calendar. (4 mile walk)
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices!
    3. More liquids--water and tea.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th!
    1. Water (10-12)- Done
    2. Exercise-30 minutes- only 15
    3. Calories- Stay near goal- near
    4. Paperwork! worked on it!

Early bedtimes and alarms make for interesting days! Stay safe, think of choices, and know you are thought of warmly!

Goals for Saturday January 14th
    1. Water (10-12 glasses)
    2. Exercise 20 minutes- been doing 15 so will up a little!
    3. Paperwork
    4. errands
    5. laundry
    6. clean up my office

Busy day and this is after having salted this morning and working til 2~ I have faith!
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Saturday's goals

going to the dentist (hoping for no cavities or cracked teeth ..... would you believe when I got there I had forgotten to take my antiobiotic,, and so had to run to the drug store and take my meds and then wait an hour....at least no cavities or cracked teeth.
    walk around the development with the doggies multiple times ..... done
    journal my food honestly ..... done
    drink water and green tea (no coffee)..... had one small cup of coffee at my sister.... it tasted sooo good. I did get my water in
    relax watching a funny movie on Saturday night.... we are picking one right now to watch in a few minutes.

/quote]

Hope everyone is having a great weekend !
  • RoseyK
    Options
    my goals for Sunday

not oversleep and get to the church service
    stop at grocery store for milk
    pick up fresh flowers for me to enjoy
    work overtime on a special project for work
    journal my foods honestly
    get my water and tea in
    take my doggies outside for walks at least twice unless it rains.

Happy weekend everyone !!
  • kymarai
    Options
    Goals for Saturday January 14th
    1. Water (10-12 glasses)- Done
    2. Exercise 20 minutes- been doing 15 so will up a little! Ended up mopping and drying floor at work for 20 minutes, was sweating so am counting it as exercise!
    3. Paperwork- YEAH! DONE!!!!
    4. errands- Done
    5. laundry- Done!
    6. clean up my office- Done!

Wow! Impressed at all I got accomplished! Last load in dryer! Of course it helps that the husband was actually purging his nic nacs at the same time! :) Not complaining! Less to dust! :blushing:
    So unsure of Sunday plans. I know we will be heading on an overnight road trip, so goals will be simple!

Sunday January 15
    1. Water (10-12)
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes
    3. Stay close to calorie goals

Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Goals for Thursday & Friday were:
    1. get at least one good dog walk in this morning.
    2. small clean up at my house until I get a call to help mom move. (ongoing)
    3. buy some shoes for my poor son who keeps telling me he needs shoes.

I only completed 1 of these goals so I think it's time to change them.

Goals for Today are:
    1. Stop & think things out.
    2. Get my dog out & get myself a workout while doing it.
    3. Figure out coach gifts for football banquet

I'm feeling a little shaky today. It's probably hormone overload but it still doesn't feel good.
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am so in on this ~ I need to actually make myself accountable for the things that I "want" to do. I believe if I write them down on a forum I will do them, since I don't like to say things that I won't actually do.

1.) Get the house picked up and my two girls rooms cleaned and organized. Which is a big task at hand in my two year old tornado of a room. I clean it daily and she manages to wreck it right after I do so.
    2.) Get outside and take a walk with my girls and my two dogs. It should be fun considering I will have a stroller for the three month old, my eyes on the two year old and walking two large rot/dobie mixes, who like to pull on their leash!
    3.) Do the 30 day shred! rarrr...its my sworn enemy, but the only way that I can workout with two little ones and a deployed husband! (if I have time, I will do 20-30 of Pilates as well!)
  • RoseyK
    Options
    my goals for Sunday

not oversleep and get to the church service..... didn't get there
    stop at grocery store for milk ..... done I wish more stores carried Hood Calorie Control Milk
    pick up fresh flowers for me to enjoy ....got a fresh bouquet of pink roses
    work overtime on a special project for work..... worked 5 hours
    journal my foods honestly.... done
    get my water and tea in ....done...plus drank 2 cups of coffee that was absolutely delicious, guess it is not time to give up coffee, just gonna cut back to 2 cups in the morning and then the rest of the day green tea
    take my doggies outside for walks at least twice unless it rains.....we actually ran around the debelopment 2x's

Happy weekend everyone !!
  • RoseyK
    Options
    My goals for Monday

cleaning the house top to bottom (yuck)
    journal my food honestly
    drink my water and green tea
    not to stress eat (remember to smell my roses if I get stressed and even it I don't)
    walk my doggies around the development...gonna try for 3 times

can't believe on my extra day off that I am planning to clean....but the house needs it.

Hope everyone has a greet holiday !!
  • kjconway
    Options
    Wow,
    I have note posted in a while!
    My goals for tomorrow...
    - make a whole lot of phone calls
    - go to the gym tomorrow
    - keep drinking that water!
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    When I started this didn't know how accomplished I would feel when I made the goals. Haven't made any goals since Friday and it felt strange. So I am starting fresh today:

Today's goals:
    1. Log everything and stay within my calories.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water.
    3. Work only til 6pm.
    4. Go for a walk.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Sunday January 15
    1. Water (10-12) Done
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes- Not
    3. Stay close to calorie goals- So Blew It!!!

Monday January 16th
    1. Water
    2. Calories Goal
    3. Exercise Walking Car show today!

Have awonderful one!
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Options

1.) Get the house picked up and my two girls rooms cleaned and organized. Which is a big task at hand in my two year old tornado of a room. I clean it daily and she manages to wreck it right after I do so. ~ DONE!!!

2.) Get outside and take a walk with my girls and my two dogs. It should be fun considering I will have a stroller for the three month old, my eyes on the two year old and walking two large rot/dobie mixes, who like to pull on their leash! ~ DONE!!!!

3.) Do the 30 day shred! rarrr...its my sworn enemy, but the only way that I can workout with two little ones and a deployed husband! (if I have time, I will do 20-30 of Pilates as well!) ~ DONE!!!

Monday January 16th
    1. 30 Day Shred and Pilates
    2. Make some healthy freezer muffins
    3. Take a walk and start Couch to 5K
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for January 14:
    1. Walking workout--calendar. (4 mile walk) --No. Have some catching up to do.
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices! --No.
    3. More liquids--water and tea.--Yes.

The weekend was not the best but also not the worst ever. It is very icy outside so I am doing my walking indoors for a couple of days.

I'm doing okay on the liquids so I am going to change that goal for now. I need to finish some projects I have going and to work on some new jewelry techniques.

Goals for January 16:
    1. Walking workout--calendar. (4 mile walk) (Supposed to be 3 miles but am adding one of the 2 miles I need to make up.)
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices!
    3. Work on my jewelry for at least 1 hour.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is great! I have such a hard time sticking to things long term. I just get bored and the usual not fast enough results. I try to do day by day and it seems to help but this time around I am struggling so bad.

My name is Heather, I am a stay at home mom to a 2 and a half year old. I was 125 on my wedding day in 2008 and happy with myself but I lost the weight the wrong way and didn't look fit. This time around I want to be FIT not skinny. I want to have definition and hear all the comments on how great I look. Unfortunately, I have been attempting this since shortly after my daughter was born and I cannot get below 147 ( I am 156 right now ) I know that if I stick to a regimine I will get the results I want but thats the problem. I just can't stick to everything. Its either work out everyday and eat horrible or the opposite. i don't know what to do anymore so I just do day by day but the scale never moves.

Maybe, just maybe this will work?

My goals for today is to say something nice about my body, eat perfectly and find my heart rate monitor that my daughter hid somewhere ( lol ) that might be enough exercise for today!

Good Luck to everyone <3
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, so I'll introduce myself: My name is Tiffany. I married a wonderful man about 8 months ago and have been loving every minute of it! I lost a bunch of weight before the wedding, but I've maintained pretty much the same weight since then. I'm trying to lose another 5-10 (I'd be happy with 8) by April for my high school reunion, and stay that weight until I get pregnant (hopefully very soon).

Goals for Monday, Jan 16:
    1. Stick to my new meal plan and not deviate
    2. Walk the dog for an hour this evening, instead of the usual 20-30 minutes
    3. Don't forget to pick up kitty litter on my way home!!!! So desperately need it!!!!!
  • terrimom3d
    Options
    Hi, I'm Terri, single mom of three great kids- 15 yo son, 12 yo and 9 yo daughters. I think this daily goal thing may be a good motivator for me in that I have a chance to succeed daily. Often I set this huge goals that I toss aside as soon as I get slightly off track.
    My goals for today are:
    1. To eat mindfully- I tend to munch when I am sitting at my computer at work.
    2. To exercise for 30 minutes.
    3. To drink water- I didn't drink much of anything over the weekend and I am feeling the effects today.
    Thanks for setting this up!
  • RoseyK
    Options
    My goals for Monday

cleaning the house top to bottom (yuck) this didn't happen. I went to the gym instead
    journal my food honestly done
    drink my water and green tea done
    not to stress eat (remember to smell my roses if I get stressed and even it I don't) done
    walk my doggies around the development...gonna try for 3 times done

Hope everyone has a greet holiday !!

I woke up feeling so good that instead of cleaning the house, I went to the gym and did a total workout. It felt great. Then when I got home I took the doggies for a run around the neighborhood.
  • RoseyK
    Options
    My goals for Tuesday

back to work....no stress eating
    journal my food honestly
    drink water and green tea
    some type of exercise
    laundry

Hope the work week goes stress free and quickly. Hope everyone has an awesome week !
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did my goals today:
    Keep calories under 1200, half hour on recumbent bike for knee rehab, 40 minutes of yoga for core strengthening. Yay!:bigsmile:

Tuesday: calories under 1200, water Zumba at 5:30.