January-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN TO ALL!!!

Options

Replies

• Zoelesley
    Zoelesley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Zoe, i'm 35 years old and the mother of 4 very busy children, 13 year old, 11 year old. 3 year old and a 1 year old. I'm an exectuve assistant to the CEO of an engineering firm and usually with my commute put in a 50-60 hour work week. i don't have a lot of spare time, but i really need to find the time to lose some weight and get back in shape. I hate looking in the mirror, i used to enjoy picking out what to wear to work, now i couldn't care less. I just look frumpy in everything.
    I started the calorie counter this week, which recommends 1200 a day, its been a little rough. But i went out and got some whole wheat bagels, triscuit crackers and so far i've stuck to it. I liek that i have to put in what i eat, makes me feel more accountable for it all. I would love any tips or encouragement. I don't really have anyone around me doing the same thing, so its easy not to stick to it.
    I don't really have time to do the gym thing, but i did get the treadmill out and want to start off by walking 4 times a week for half an hour, does that sound enough? to start? i thought about getting a good zumba video or something like that too.
    Nice to meet everyone.

my goals today are:

Stay with my calorie goal
    Drink 3 bottles of water
    walk for 30 mins on treadmill
  • sgreg2090
    Options
    1/5/2012: What a great way to stay motivated - sometimes it just takes one day at a time.

Hi. My name is Sarah. I am a 37 year-old mother of two active boys. I am married and have a loving husband who is supporting me in my weight lose goals. I am not terribly overweight. I need to lose about 30 - 40 lbs to be where I would like to be. I joined MFP last year because some friends a work use it. We started a diet club for the holidays - 6 week challenge that I was not very successful at. Had a lot happen over the month of December. I can at least say I did not gain over the holidays - so that is good.

Goals for today:
    1. Drink More WATER!!!!
    2. Make a healthy choice for dinner tonight.
    3. Get laundry started.

Let you know how it goes...
  • shanvan24
    Options
    Hello! I am a stay at home mom to baby Ava and work part time with my small business with Stella & Dot Jewelry. I started using myfitnesspal in September with my husband and have just used it for logging calories, never got into the website as much. When I had Ava in May, I lost weight and now I am at a stand still!! I would like to lose 50 pounds, but my problem is following through with my goals. When I saw this Challenge, I thought what a great idea to help people stay focused on their goals. :smooched:

My 3 goals today will be
    To finish up the laundry, clean the house and hit the gym for 30 minutes.
    and hopefully book a trunk show for January!
    Be back tomorrow!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    This is a brilliant idea! I think I need to go back to basics and take it day by day :)
    My name is Fa, I'm 27 and live in the Netherlands with my Dutch boyfriend (and a cat and bunny) although I'm born and bred in England. I work in Communications and I love, love, love dogs.

Goals for 4th January:
    1. Not have that sugary milky tea that I'm craving
    2. To complete the day under my allowance (I've planned everything)
    3. Eat a salad before my main meal (which will hopefully help with goal 2!).

Met all my goals apart from 3 - was a bit rushed making dinner so didn't have chance to make the salad - had salad today to make up for it though!

Goals for 5th January
    1. Eat a salad!
    2. To stay under my allowance (yes, again - this may seem redundant to state as surely we aim to be within our allowance everyday, but it's my first week back so it is a goal that is in the forefront of my mind!)
    3. Tidy our study
  • Collins35
    Options
    My name is Misty I''m a 31 year old mother of 3 ages 14, 10, and 8. I have a wonderful supportive husband who is also a fan of MFP. I have been heavy most of my life. I was able to lose some weight in my 20's, however it never stays off long. I am not very active due to having fibromyalgia, which means I stay in alot of pain. I know that I have to make big changes to lose this weight and keep it off. I have reached a point in my life where I am finally ready to make those changes and stick with it. I am able to walk so I do walk videos at home. I also am seeing a nutritionist to help me learn how to make healthy food choices.

My Goals for today
    1. Stay within my Calorie allowance
    2 Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk at least 2 miles
  • jeerzree
    Options
    1/5/12 my goals today

1: Take the lights off the tree and put it out for trash
    2: Get some form of exercise
    3: Get the house clean ( doesn't that count towards exercise :D)

Good Morning everyone! My name is Marie and i am a mommy to 3. 2 teens and a 5 year old. I currently stayi home with Carlin (5). We live in Jersey and recently relocated from jersey city to the shore. Carlin Attended school fro 2yrs in Jc but the dates are dif here...... I'm 36 and need to lose about 90lbs. Three years ago i was down to a health 145 in the last two years i've gained 75 pounds. I went through some issues with depression and am getting better and ready to get my life back on track. ANyone else with similar issue? I would love to hear how you found your way back or even if still looking. Thanks

Sorry for rambling everyone have a wonderful day!! :happy:
  • cindalu78
    Options
    Hello everybody! i love this idea. I am Lucinda a stay at home mom to three beautiful girls (9,6, &1). i am very much out of shape and in need of a change. Daily goals are something I can manage. My husband is a part of of a biggest loser team competition at work right now and we have our own little competition going. As he has the motivation and support of his team at work I am turning to MFP for my support along with my sister who is also on here.

Jan5:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2.Stay in my calories
    3. Clean my kitchen and livingroom
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options

January 4
    1. Water- 10-12 glasses (hard when sitting in class!
    2. at least 20 minutes of movement extra
    3. Eat within calories
    4. Order bio orb accessories (tank looks so bare!)

So I didn't even manage one of my goals yesterday! That sucked!!!!! I did get to bed early though so feel better! More sleep is awesome! So let us try again for today!

Love all the new members! I hope this works as well for you all as it NORMALLY does for me! Have a great and productive day!

January 5 goals
    1. Water 10-12 glasses (was up drinking in middle of night so know I didn't get enough yesterday!)
    2. Stay close to calories! (500 extra yesterday was a killer! Especially since sitting on butt most of day!)
    3. Order bio orb stuffs for tank
    4. Extra movement in for at least 30 minutes!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to all our new members!

2 ways to find this thread:

1. It will be in the My Topics tab of the Community home page - or-

2. Go to your profile, scroll to the bottom. Under your Friends section will be a section called My Recent Forum Posts. All your posts will be in this section (click on View All if you don't see the one for this thread). This will take you to your actual post so you don't have to search for it in the thread!

So, option 2 doesn't work that way any more. I wonder why they would change that? It was SO much easier to find posts that way!
    Oh well, I'll just start remembering the approximate time I posted and look for them that way!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Goals for January 4:
    1. Day 4 of walking workout calendar. (3 miles)--Yes+.
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices!--Yes.
    3. More liquids--water and tea.--Yes.

Good day. Rainy and windy but went for a 1 mile walk after dinner anyway. The little guy seems to expect it now and he doesn't care what the weather is like!

Goals for January 5:
    1. Day 4 of walking workout calendar. (3 miles with the Walk Belt)
    2. Stay in my calorie goal with HEALTHY choices!
    3. More liquids--water and tea.
  • janejan06
    Options
    My name is Jane and I've lost 14 lbs. so far. I'm newly separated after a 32 year marriage, recently finished a Master's degree and looking for a job. In other words, I'm starting a new chapter in my life and making my motto "positive and forward."
    My goals for the day: go to the gym, no eating after 8 p.m., work on resume.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did great yesterday! Met my water, cleaning and exercise goals, and was only 34 calories over! Plus I lowered my calories yesterday because I redid my goals!

Jan 5th goals
    1. Meet water intake
    2. Meet calorie goal
    3. Clean or exercise for 45 minutes total
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this, but can't type out any sort of introductory thread at the moment.

If it's okay, can I just set three goals for today and do the introduction later?

January 5th Goals:
    1. At least 10 glasses of water.
    2. Stay under 1300 calories.
    3. Walk for 30 minutes.
  • dmwaski
    Options
    Hi! New Year, time to reaffirm weight loss goals! Like this day to day plan! My name is Dawn and I lost 50 pounds last year! Was a little lapse in December so I reset MFP to reflect my current weight on Jan 1st. So instead of 50 pounds lost I am at 46.6. I weigh 182.6. I want to weigh165 this time next year! My 3 goals for today:
    1. make a meal plan on MFP-check
    2. take some time for me-30 mins in the hot tub-check
    3. exercise 30 mins-
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello! Great idea.

My 3 goals today Thur. 1/5/12

1 - keep to daily caloric goal
    2 - no eating in front of the TV (the hardest!!!)
    3- clean up the home and wait for hubby to eat dinner (sometimes he doesn't get home 'til 9, hence TV company for dinner)

Thanks!
  • dmwaski
    Options
    To UKtsb-

Good for you! Don't give up! I lost 50 pounds last year. Every day is a new start. Walking is the easiest part and you will feel better and so will your dog! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread and I think it is a wonderful idea! I'm in! :happy:

My name is Kharyn (NOT pronounced Karen :smile: ). I am married with two young girls, 5 and almost 3. They are amazing and I love them very much, even when they are naughty. I work full-time and have one more semester of graduate school left which I am so excited about. I have a loving and supportive husband that I have been with since highschool, 14 years (married for 7).

Jan 5th, 2012
    Goal 1: do a quick morning workout
    Goal 2: do 20 military push-ups in a row
    Goal 3: have a smile on my face when doing my evening workout
  • jennieholmbergmn
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of 3 busy kids. I lost 13lbs last winter and gained back 7 of that. I am trying to lose what I gained and then some. My goals for today are to

1. exercise
    2. drink water
    3. not to take a afternoon nap
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's goals:
    1. Drink my water - for some reason I have lost this habit somewhere. -- Better but still needs work
    2. Go to all my personal training classes and walk at least 30-45 min. a day. - Yes - walked and went to my class!
    3. Log all my food so I can see what calories I am consuming. Yes - logged all and came in below calories!

Hi! My name is Jo and I am a 47 very active married woman. I have been active and into working out for most of my adult life. Over the last few years I have fallen into some unhealthy habits and now find myself trying to regain control. Feel free to add me as a friend as I interacting with people who have the same goal helps to keep me focused.

My goals today are:
    1. Water - continue to work on getting my water intake up.
    2. Walk - it is supposed to be almost 60 out today so I need a good brisk walk for 45 min.
    3. Logging - continuing to log and to keep track of those calories is so important to not lose my focus.

Good luck all!
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day two goals!!!

I just finished day one of 30 day shred. So this will go along perfectly!!

1. Finish all filing at work. (I mean ALL)

2. Finish phone calls at work (ALL!!)

3. Get a good afternoon workout. 30 min straight.

4. NO DR. PEPPER!!!!!!!