Greek Yogurt

Options
I really want to like this stuff but I have tried it plain several times and just don't! I was wondering if you all have some creative ideas to mix it or some recipes that maybe could make me like it :)

Replies

• SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani Pineapple, it is AMAZING!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    put it in a friuty milk shake, protien shake.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I like adding a few dried blueberries to plain greek yogurt.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1 tsp honey and some walnuts - deeeeeeeeeeelicious! :D Or 1 tsp of your favourite jam or fruit compote - takes the sour edge off. Or mix it into some granola instead of milk.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Frozen strawberries, in nooker to slightly thaw. Then puree in mini mixer, add to yogurt. I add one packet of Stevia to sweeten. I've used other frozen fruits, too :)

Mini mixer a whole banana add to yogurt along with 2T creamy PB (I use soy for allergy reasons) SO GOOD! Perfect pre workout fuel!

I also use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Add to soups like broccoli and cheese, dollop on chili or taco salads, etc. Add to smoothies. Heck I've even baked with it and found no difference in taste lol
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I put in defrosted frozen fruit and 1/2 pack of Equal! Yummy!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will try these suggestions for sure...they would have to help! Also I just saw where someone on here mixed it with Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix and that sounded good too.
  • Boilerchick
    Options
    I use it in fruit smoothies with Torani sugar free orange syrup. I also don't care for it by itself (even the flavored kinds with sugar). I find it too sour.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When I first tried greek yogurt, I hated it. It was the yoplait brand and it was disgusting. Since then, I've tried chobani and I usually have one a day at least. My favorite flavors are black cherry, blueberry, strawberry banana, and pineapple. Yum!!!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I too don't care for it plain. I add a small amount of agava nectar, fresh fruit, and either granola, almonds, or pecans to the top..It's almost sinful

I've also just added a packet of splenda and fruit..
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I hava also mixed it with ranch dip mix and made a dip for veggies.. Also, I've used it to make a chicken salad..
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    HONEY! That's the ticket. Mix in liberally. I've got Foge 0% Greek Yogurt in the house right now and use it as a substitute for mayo with tuna fish.
  • rcrgirl84
    Options
    I agree on the Chobani flavored yogurt. It took me a little bit to get used to the consistency compared to regular yogurt. I like the Chobani brand because it has the fruit in it as well.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like it with a few chopped walnuts, pineapple, blueberries.:love: I get the plain non fat because it has less sugar.

In hot weather I put the blueberries in frozen!~
  • mizzcase
    Options
    210 calorie heaven:

Take 1 cup plain greek nonfat yogurt, dice up one apple and mix in along with 2 packets of Splenda, and a bit of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stick in freezer for half an hour. Yum.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I never liked it when I first tried it either. I have found Chobani to be the best tasting. I buy the vanilla and add my own fresh berries to it and sometimes granola. I just found Chobani at my local walmart this weekend. Some leave a funny after taste, Chobani is less strong.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will try these suggestions for sure...they would have to help! Also I just saw where someone on here mixed it with Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix and that sounded good too.
    this
  • spoiledbmeg
    Options
    i only care for chiobani greek 0% any flavor: w/ extra fruit
  • idalinasachango
    Options
    Add stevia and fruit!
  • quietpotato
    quietpotato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try using plain in place of sour cream in Mexican flavored dishes like tacos.